Manny Being Manny In A 2009 Los Angeles Dodgers Dynasty !

bob44

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7e2bcb40.jpg?t=1244518623

With Matt Kemp on 2nd base, Furcal hits a 2 out single. Kemp slides in home just under the tag of Arizona catcher Miguel Montero to score the go ahead run in the top of the 9th.

936d15af.jpg?t=1244519426

Casey Blake makes an amazing diving catch to end the game, and seal the Dodgers 1 run come back victory!

d0b49c8d.jpg?t=1244519495

8e15e8b5.jpg?t=1244525321

Casey Blake gets tagged out on the home plate collision in the top of the 5th. Blake tried to score from 2nd base on a Furcal single. This was the closest the Dodgers got to a run today against a tough Brandon Webb.

b1d2ec54.jpg?t=1244525711

5b61c309.jpg?t=1244586110

Dodgers win their home opener easily 5-1. Today was Randy Wolf's day! He pitched a fantastic complete game. Wolf had a 2 hit shutout through 8 1/3 innings but then gave up a solo shot to pinch hitter Juan Uribe.

ffa48040.jpg?t=1244586463

4b21f741.jpg?t=1244606680

The fireworks were going off tonight as the Dodgers busted out the hitting stick with 19 hits, 2 of those homers! Dodgers dominate the Giants with an easy 3 game sweep to start the year off perfect at home after a rough 3-4 road trip.

c5947028.jpg?t=1244607115

Wow, Webb owned you that one game. :blink:

He did....but i had my chances. As good as he was, in the top of the 7th, it was just 2-0 and he walked 3 straight, bases loaded no outs! Then Blake pops out and Hoffman grounds into a double play :o<_<

Congrats, bob, way to break out the timber. Wow, 10 runs on 2 homeruns, 2 doubles, and 15 singles?

You must have small balled them to death.

..careful with that one.. B)

Ya, I didn't realize it was that many singles, didn't seem like it. I guess we did small ball them to death, with a couple big balls thrown in at the end B)

Very nice, bob, the numbers look pretty realistic so far.  Is it your intention to keep up with the real roster all season?  Second, I know it's early, but have you considered letting Ausmus get some playing time since Martin is struggling?

Again, I know it's early, but they dynasty looks great so far, good work!

Very nice, bob, the numbers look pretty realistic so far.  Is it your intention to keep up with the real roster all season?  Second, I know it's early, but have you considered letting Ausmus get some playing time since Martin is struggling?

Again, I know it's early, but they dynasty looks great so far, good work!

I will most likely try to keep pretty accurate rosters going. I hope to catch up to the real team in games played by the trade deadline and i will make any trades that the real Dodgers do. Ya the stats seem pretty good, the team batting average isn't that great but i have hit 15 hrs in 10 games, so maybe i should turn down my power slider a little? Actually Ausmus will be starting the first game against the 1st place Rockies that i'm going to start right now.

:good:

Your team average is a little low, but not by much.  Remember that the more you play and see pitches, especially if you plan on catching up to the real schedue, you're BA will more than likely rise.  As far as homeruns, they do seem a tad high, but nothing that can't be toned down with the power slider.

Through 60 games, the Dodgers (in real life) have hit 44 homeruns (.73 pergame), so by these calculations (10 games) you should be sitting around 7+ homeruns at this point.  Knock the power slider down and play 10 games, and keep track of how many homeruns you hit, and keep your eye on this total as you play your games, then adjust accordingly.  At least you could use this as a point of reference.

Anyway, the dynasty looks great, looking forward to following!

c6501aec.jpg?t=1244682161

What a horrible game !! Kuroda had an awesome game and it was ruined from Broxton's horrible 9th inning performance. Dodgers were leading 3-0 in the 9th and instead of having Kuroda try for the complete game shutout, Broxton comes in and blows it. Now a 3-3 tie in the bottom of the 9th with Pierre at 3rd, LA tries a suicide squeeze......Martin misses the bunt and Pierre is a dead duck at home. Rockies grab the lead in the 11th with a single hit to right field.....Ethier tries to throw Brad Hawpe out at 3rd and instead throws a wild one in the dugout and Hawpe scores easily.

642575f9.jpg?t=1244682422

Oh man, that is a tough loss.

Why'd you pull Kuroda? Was he fatigued?

Ya, Kuroda was fatigued, plus Broxton is suppose to be the sure thing! In 3 appearances this year he hadn't even given up a hit.

78224ff0.jpg?t=1244704033

Matt Kemp sky's a shot towards his face on the jumbo-tron in the 9th to pull the Dodgers within 2 runs at 6-4. It wasn't enough to avoid a sweep at home against the red hot 1st place Rockies.

f0778fe8-1.jpg?t=1244704421

Archived