Audio By Cavicchi

Cavicchi

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any KOBE at all! There has to be. :mad:I tried to find a KObe on the internet and nothing happened, and besides i went to multiple websites too!

There is Kobe Bryant--ask him to record his name for the game. :)

Why don't i ask him?Because he never REPLIES!!!!Your the only one that replies to people that request an audio. :angry:

Crud, don't take this the wrong way, but you're getting a lot of people's nerves here, or at least mine.

It takes A LOT of work to make audio, or any mod for that matter. I believe Cavicchi just started making audio, so maybe it's time to give him a break. Be thankful for what you have, and don't beg for the things you don't.

You could also try making it yourself. Maybe Cavicchi is willing to teach you?

Everything is easy once you know how to do it, easy in the sense you have the capability, especially when doing just one or two at a time. You have to first check if there is audio for the player, then you have to find the names to make the player, and then you have to put it all together. Sure it's not that hard, but it is easy to make a mistake.

Funny thing is I don't hear the PA announcer when playing a game; I used to hear him, but now I often use the "A" button to speed the game up and ...well...maybe my hearing is going. :)

I have heard audio done where the name was not pronounced correctly, even though the name was easy! I have also heard audio so mangled that I can't imagine how that person had the nerve to put it up for download.

Who was doing audio before I started with Carlos Santana and my Audio Packs? I didn't see anyone doing audio so I learned to do it, and I decided to share my work with the community here. I have for years downloaded material from other people and felt it was time to give something back to the community. I would like to do other things, portraits and faces for example, and maybe I will give it a go in the future. We need modders to help keep what is arguably the best baseball game for pc going fresh each year. The roster update is a key feature I hope keeps going until there comes a better game for pc than MVP Baseball 2005. Now that is a lot of work to update the roster--takes a lot of time! Anyway, that is off-topic since this is an audio thread. :)

Making audio is probably the easiest of all the major mods, but it still requires careful attention to what you're doing; if you make a mistake when editing the hdr file, you get nada. Where audio becomes a real challenge is making names like Kenshin Kawakami and Akinori Iwamura, just to name a few. So, yes, it is fairly easy to make audio, but not all audio. ;-)

This thread is in Mod Announcements, so why don't you ask in the Support section? I know you will have more than one question after getting MVPedit, so please start a thread about this somewhere else. Thank you!

If the name sounds real bad to you, would you consider a fake name? We could change his name to something else.

You mean like change Guerrier's name? No, if the audio can't be changed I'll live with it. It's just that it sounds bad but it's fine if you can't do it.

Hey Cavicchi, I noticed a few players in the game that should be fairly easy that don't have audio: Carlos Gomez and Dan Murphy.

They are both easy. I am working my way through the teams in alphabetical order, so haven't hit those two yet. Tell you what I'm going to do, I will take a quick look at all the major league teams for easy ones, so I don't cause a long delay for Audio Packs, and do them in one special Audio Pack named Major League Players Pack 1.

I might throw in a few hard ones if time permits, but definitely no three or more part names. <_<

They are both easy. I am working my way through the teams in alphabetical order, so haven't hit those two yet. Tell you what I'm going to do, I will take a quick look at all the major league teams for easy ones, so I don't cause a long delay for Audio Packs, and do them in one special Audio Pack named Major League Players Pack 1.

I might throw in a few hard ones if time permits, but definitely no three or more part names. <_<

Sounds good. Do whatever you need to do.

Sounds good. Do whatever you need to do.

I will focus on players that can be done with first and last name. If the first name is a headache, such as Yusmeiro (Petit), that player will have to wait for some other time. B)

Archived