New MVP 2005 video topic.

WindyCHC165

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot beleive that they still have the apple in shea stadium going up on a 40 foot pole after homeruns. the development team should be ashamed of themselves at the product they are releasing. the stadiums sucked last year, they look the same this year. I should not have to spend 3 days modding a stadium to make it look right and to still have stuff out of place and a friggin apple going way up in the air like that. why not have tugboats floating by freaking wrigley feild then. screw EA, i dont think im gonna get this game, im not paying 50 bucks for updated rosters, i dont care about a few animations and the lefty glitch being fixed, i can deal with mvp 04 but to be honest, video game baseball is not worth the friggin frustration anymore. every game sucks, no game is really sim enough. whatever, peace im out.

That is terrible news. Say it ain't so, Renegade. I understand your frustrations, really I do, but I urge you not to give up. Your work on MVP 2004 was outstanding and I am sure I speak for a whole lot of people when I say that we are looking forward to more from you in 2005. If you are in fact done, I wish you the best of luck.

Carter

That's a new jersey and hat he's wearing when he makes the sliding catch. I wonder if that's what the 2005 batting practice jerseys will look like. Does anyone know?

if i is a spring training uniform it is very very nice. i know its not a vintage because theyve never had anything like it.

I cannot beleive that they still have the apple in shea stadium going up on a 40 foot pole after homeruns. the development team should be ashamed of themselves at the product they are releasing. the stadiums sucked last year, they look the same this year. I should not have to spend 3 days modding a stadium to make it look right and to still have stuff out of place and a friggin apple going way up in the air like that. why not have tugboats floating by freaking wrigley feild then. screw EA, i dont think im gonna get this game, im not paying 50 bucks for updated rosters, i dont care about a few animations and the lefty glitch being fixed, i can deal with mvp 04 but to be honest, video game baseball is not worth the friggin frustration anymore. every game sucks, no game is really sim enough. whatever, peace im out.

i dont understand...whats wrong with the apple...maybe its a modder type thing i wouldnt understand

EA is a buch of lazy shits.

After 3 years, they sTILL can't put in the damn windows in the left-field wall at Yankee Stadium. How ******* hard is that? They already put in the ONE window in the left-center part of the wall for the bullpen. Is it really that hard?

**** EA.

I'm sick of their pathetic, lazy production.

I don't wonn a mod by XBOX just because EA is lazy as hell.

I agree with you there...

I'm not going to let a few minor stadium details get in the way of me enjoying MVP '05. The apple in Shea? A few windows in the left field wall missing? Who cares? If you asked any member of the New York Yankees, do you think they would care whether there were windows or not? I don't think so.

The most frustrating part of MVP was the fact that the fielders always had to wait for their teammate to get to the base before throwing the ball, resulting in the batter being safe on weak ground balls. Talk about fake baseball! They say that they've fixed the problem for '05, so I'll be happy about that.

Oh, and the lefty glitch. They've fixed that too.

I'm not going to let a few minor stadium details get in the way of me enjoying MVP '05. The apple in Shea? A few windows in the left field wall missing? Who cares? If you asked any member of the New York Yankees, do you think they would care whether there were windows or not? I don't think so.

The most frustrating part of MVP was the fact that the fielders always had to wait for their teammate to get to the base before throwing the ball, resulting in the batter being safe on weak ground balls. Talk about fake baseball! They say that they've fixed the problem for '05, so I'll be happy about that.

Oh, and the lefty glitch. They've fixed that too.

We all know EA will let some huge glitch get in.

They don't give a ****.

And about the wall...It's not THAT important, but you would think after THREE years, they could make it right. I mean, come on, is it REALLY that hard?

EA sucks donkey balls.

I'm not buying MVP 2005 until I get enough reviews from IGN, GameSpy, etc. and comments and opinions from other people and people on this board. (And they have to be good, obviously)

The best thing in the video is the animation after he hits the homerun. that is very nice. He actually stood there and watched the ball. as far as the apple going up the pole, that is crazy. Where do they come up with this stuff? After 3 years with this engine, this kind of stuff should be fixed. That is very lazy.

Renegade, you will be missed if you don't get this game. You taught me everything I know about modding stadiums. You can't give up now, we are just getting started.

How about EA stops being lazy-*** bitches and fix the damn wall...

How ******* lazy are those stupid faggots?

Wow....honestly I could give a fsck less about what isn't in the game, as long as the gameplay works, fsck the fancy doodads.

As long as I can get my hits and run the bases properly and pitch right, I could care less how the graphics look and what's missing. You know why they're lazy? Because this year they were working on making the game better in terms of gameplay.

They put the graphics on the backburner for now and worked on making the gameplay better. Hopefully around MVP 2006 or 2007 there's gonna be some sort of overhaul, I promise you that. Once they have the gameplay kinks worked out, then they can concentrate on those minor details. I still think that the stadiums are still the same stadiums we've seen from MVP 2003. It's great, it shows that the gameplay is more important and that's their focus. Authenticity.

Wow....honestly I could give a fsck less about what isn't in the game, as long as the gameplay works, fsck the fancy doodads.

As long as I can get my hits and run the bases properly and pitch right, I could care less how the graphics look and what's missing. You know why they're lazy? Because this year they were working on making the game better in terms of gameplay.

They put the graphics on the backburner for now and worked on making the gameplay better. Hopefully around MVP 2006 or 2007 there's gonna be some sort of overhaul, I promise you that. Once they have the gameplay kinks worked out, then they can concentrate on those minor details. I still think that the stadiums are still the same stadiums we've seen from MVP 2003. It's great, it shows that the gameplay is more important and that's their focus. Authenticity.

They sure as hell are doin' a bad job on the gameplay.

Evey MVP released so far has been absolutely LOADED with glitches.

MVP 2005 will be no different.

EA just plain sucks.

Every year I hope they finally get it right, and every year they dissapoint.

The best thing in the video is the animation after he hits the homerun. that is very nice. He actually stood there and watched the ball. as far as the apple going up the pole, that is crazy. Where do they come up with this stuff? After 3 years with this engine, this kind of stuff should be fixed. That is very lazy.

Renegade, you will be missed if you don't get this game. You taught me everything I know about modding stadiums. You can't give up now, we are just getting started.

you know ill be here bro, im just frustrated cause this game is so close yet so far away. would it have been to much for them to just make the apple stationary and remove the damn pole cause what tbey have is embarrasing. i really am just ticked off at the way shea stadium looks in the video and i know its almost too late for them to fix it now cause release is less than 2 months away so they are basically finished with the game.

I have been buying EA products for about 10 years now from Tiger Woods to NHL Hockey and of course MVP. They generally make small changes on a product from year to year. I'm still trying to figure out what's REALLY different between the last two versions of Tiger Woods except some slighly better graphics.

If EA's decision is to make some fixes on gameplay this year that sounds very good to me. They are too big of a corporation to make major revisions on all their products. The bottom line is they want you to come back this year for better game-play, next year for better graphics and on and on. It's business dictated by resources available.

I just hope you can do a sacrifice bunt this year without your baserunner diving back into first base (WTF??).

Archived