Patch Release Update

LoGatto

I own 2k5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and now 10. I love 2k baseball games. Even after last year, this is the 1st time I'm considering buying a whole new system (ps3), just to play the show. On top of this, 2k is talking about a MID APRIL PATCH?! MID APRIL?! Mid March is acceptable, end of march is ok, April 1st is pushing it, MID APRIL, not ok. Devoted 2k players like myself have waited for two years for an improved game. 2 YEARS. Yes, after 2 years another month and a half hurts. Get it together or stop making games.

I hope this happen sooner then mid april for the patch.

Post from a different site.

I think most would take a well-done mid-April patch rather than a ****-poor mid-March patch. Seriously, it's March 5th right now. A mid-March patch gives them 10 days to work on a roster update, bug fixes, addition of stuff they couldn't get in the RTM build and patch testing, among lots of others. Do you actually think they can cram everything into 10 days? From a programming point of view, they'd be foolish to even attempt it.

Good move by 2K to say mid-April, IMO. If they hit the deadline and it's a well-done patch, everyone's happy. If they finish and release it early, everyone's happy.

I think most would take a well-done mid-April patch rather than a ****-poor mid-March patch. Seriously, it's March 5th right now. A mid-March patch gives them 10 days to work on a roster update, bug fixes, addition of stuff they couldn't get in the RTM build and patch testing, among lots of others. Do you actually think they can cram everything into 10 days? From a programming point of view, they'd be foolish to even attempt it.

Good move by 2K to say mid-April, IMO. If they hit the deadline and it's a well-done patch, everyone's happy. If they finish and release it early, everyone's happy.

AGREE 100% just most of us hate to wait.

yeah myself id rather have them do the patch right and get it out later than sooner and still be buggy.I still think they need better testers to keep the need of a patch in the first place.I can see maybe a couple things getting past a tester but not over 30 bugs

I'm still waiting for an NBA 2k10 PC patch.

I was essentially still waiting for the third patch for 2K9, and then it hit me:

It came out on March 2nd. :mellow:

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with mid April, especially if the patch is solid. In reality, it's only a week or so after the regular season starts. I'll still wait for the reviews, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

UPDATE

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know that my wrap up report is in the hands of dev and they have assured me that they have begun pounding away on the list. Thanks for all your effort, should help tremendously.

Ronnie

UPDATE

Hey guys,

Wanted to let you know that my wrap up report is in the hands of dev and they have assured me that they have begun pounding away on the list. Thanks for all your effort, should help tremendously.

Ronnie

Good to know. Here's hoping the list was quite long and the devs can and will make the effort to fix them.

Don't waste your money on the show right now. There are some terrible franchise bugs that won't get fixed for the most part until mid/late april. That's when both companies are releasing their patches. I'm assuming both dev teams will be taking a much deserved break, come back and get the patch out.

I agree. i don't have the game yet because i'm still not decided if i'll buy the 360 version or the one for PC.. so i'm good on a Mid-April patch and with that target release date they would have more time working on the patch and get feedback about more bugs that needs to be fixed..

I'm still waiting for an NBA 2k10 PC patch.

Me too.. maybe 2k forgot about us PC Gamers :(

Hey guys,

I got e-mail by Senior Producer Mark Little on MLB 2K10 who wanted to thank me for your guys input and let you guys know that we should have a pretty decent idea of what can be fixed from the request list submitted last Friday for a future update (this has nothing to do with the patch submitted to MS earlier this week).

However, there have been some things the dev team or QA has been unable to reproduce. Can you guys provide further details about the issues below so we can get them hammered out immediately?

13-When you hit a sac fly with a player the RBI is given to the next batter in the lineup, and not to the player who hit the sac fly.

17-On the PC version, the swing analysis window that pops up shows nothing but a background. It's like the camera was off-center or something.

23-In "play ball" mode teams have the wrong emblem sometimes. The wrong emblem appears on the starting pitcher, the pause menu, the batting lineup, etc etc. (The Twins have the Tiger emblem and the Royals have the Rockies emblem for example.)

34-Earned runs are not being tracked to pitcher properly. EXAMPLE; Tommy Hanson loads the bases up and a pitching change is made. Pete Moylan comes in and gives up a bases-clearing double. Those 3 earned runs should be charged to Hanson, however in the game they were charged to Moylan.

41-When subbing out a pitcher, sometimes the pitcher being taken out is invisible and the ball floats in mid-air, until the pitcher being brought in appears.

44-When errors occur (which is very rare to begin with) they are not properly recorded. Users have reported that when errors do occur, they are not listed in the box score totals.

Please provide help as soon as possible for these issues in particular. Thank you!

Just got an email from Ronnie telling me they're also going to be working on the body sizes for some of the larger players in the next patch. As it currently stands, players like Ryan Howard, Prince Fielder, and Pablo Sandoval are much too thin compared to their real-life counterparts. Looks like VC has been listening.

Ronnie corrected his prior email and stated the body sizes will be fixed via Living Rosters and not an actual patch (makes sense).

Ronnie

Hey guys,

I got e-mail by Senior Producer Mark Little on MLB 2K10 who wanted to thank me for your guys input and let you guys know that we should have a pretty decent idea of what can be fixed from the request list submitted last Friday for a future update (this has nothing to do with the patch submitted to MS earlier this week).

<snip>

Just for information....

Don't know if this is one of the issues to be addressed but "Instant Replay" in the PC version does not function with either the 360 controller or with keyboard....The menu will activate Instant Replay and the play in question opens but no movement no matter what buttons,sticks, keys, triggers you push.

Has happened four out of four times now, both in franchise mode and outside franchise mode.

Just for information....

Don't know if this is one of the issues to be addressed but "Instant Replay" in the PC version does not function with either the 360 controller or with keyboard....The menu will activate Instant Replay and the play in question opens but no movement no matter what buttons,sticks, keys, triggers you push.

Has happened four out of four times now, both in franchise mode and outside franchise mode.

Replay has worked for me np at all using a 360 controller, but you have to be quick to actually get the replay.As soon as the out is recorded access the menu and hit replay.If you don't do instantly all you get is the end of the play

NBA 2k10 patch quoted from Ron saying PC patch comes out next week, granted we did wait 5 months :facepalm: never the less it is coming out next week, i don't think they'll do the same for baseball, it seems there trying to keep pace with the shows update.

that's great news bro.. I've been waiting for that NBA2k10 patch for a long time.

17-On the PC version, the swing analysis window that pops up shows nothing but a background. It's like the camera was off-center or something.

41-When subbing out a pitcher, sometimes the pitcher being taken out is invisible and the ball floats in mid-air, until the pitcher being brought in appears.

Ronnie

17- The swing analyst video is off center for me, not a black screen. When it pops up and I don't hit "C" to check my swings, sometimes I see a helmet and the crowd. I never actually see the swing. This one I can duplicate on a every time basis. I'm running at 1680x1050 if that might help (I was thinking it was a resolution problem)

41- I play the Tigers franchise, and I have only noticed it with a pitcher that was a "fake player" that I invited to spring training (someone from my farm league). It happened twice, and it happened to a batter in the on deck circle, there was a bat just swinging without a body.

I can give you video of #17 from fraps if you want, is there a dev email I can send it to?

/here's hoping I can help.

NBA 2k10 patch quoted from Ron saying PC patch comes out next week, granted we did wait 5 months :facepalm: never the less it is coming out next week, i don't think they'll do the same for baseball, it seems there trying to keep pace with the shows update.

i guess i'll believe it when i see it, since the patch was first announced for PC so long ago.

as for MLB 2k10, if i do ever buy it, it will be when the patch is out and is satisfactory (unlike 2k9's patch) and by then i'm sure price will have gone down. i'm kinda jaded as far as baseball games go on PC after last year and the lack of any in the years before that. plus if this patch doesn't address the major issues, that's it because i highly doubt they will release another patch for PC, just like last year.

Archived