tywiggins

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The draft class is generated when you start the draft. And you can't save during the draft.

So it looks like the draft class would have to be edited in the game's memory.

Maybe that would explain why My Player mode crashes when you try play after the draft date. If you look even in my player with the trade options off you can see teams still trade players amongst themselves. i think if those trades are edited the file crashes when u try to load your next appearance.

2k11????we dont even know 2ks plan as far as another baseball title.If there is a 2k11 then im sure it would be like this year,ty had to restructure the editor to get it to run 2k10.Ros files would change year to year due to trades and free agent signings like in real baseball.

DonSpa - thanks for answering my question without a snide remark like LoGatto. I know that rosters change year to year, just wanted to know if .ROS files for future titles will open with Ty's Editor.

Lay off LoGatto here. You asked a really stupid question. How is anyone going to know what is going to work and not work with a game that is not even out yet until next March? Get real.

Dude, I bet you guys are in your forties playing computer games...

And what business is that of yours?

You ask dumb questions, people will think you're dumb, and you'll get dumb answers. You want to ask dumb questions, ask away, but don't be surprised when people treat you with the respect your question deserves.

And less of the insults.

Dude, change your name to Yankee-NO-Life...

Fine, I can change my name to that or to any name you come up with. But I still wasn't the one who came in here and asked everyone if Tywiggins' roster editor could be used with a game that has not even been made yet. And then you have the nerve to get upset because you got some answers you didn't like.

Now, in case you ask in the future, tywiggins' MLB2k10 roster editor can not be used in these following PC baseball games or console games:

1. The Show 2010

2. Mvp Baseball 2003, 2004 and 2005

3. Every version of High Heat Baseball

4. Every version of Triple Play Baseball

5. Every version of Out of the Park Baseball and Inside the Park Baseball.

6. Every version of Baseball Mogul.

Hope this helps! Got to go now, have to change my name.

Does anyone know if Ty's Roster Editor will work with MLB2k11? Do the .ROS files change year to year?

This ought to be my new signature!

Dude, you have way too much time on your hands. Did you know that Ty made an editor for MLB2k9? If someone asked whether that editor would work with MLB2k10, would THAT be a stupid question? .ROS files from year to year can either be opened with the editor or not. Probably a question I should have asked Scott directly.

Later Yankee-Poor-Life

If someone asked whether that editor would work with MLB2k10, would THAT be a stupid question?

Yes, it would be a stupid question. How about this - can you tell me if what new features Microsoft will introduce in Windows 8? Other than what Microsoft have said already, no, you can't - you'd be guessing. What makes you think that we have some sort of inside information on what 2K will do for 2K11? How are we supposed to know if 2K will change their file format for the rosters or not? They might change, they might not. The only people to ask that would know the answer are 2K, and good luck with that.

.ROS files from year to year can either be opened with the editor or not.

Wow, where did you dig this gem of wisdom up from?

And final warning - less of the insults. When you're that bad at them, though, I almost feel sorry for you.

Hey Mark my man, it's ok. Let him continue to make fun of my name on here, like it is supposed to bother me. It's fine. The guy has to do something to try and deflect attention for that unintelligent question that he asked in this thread that only he thinks makes any kind of sense. No problem. So let him make himself laugh by doing word plays on my name. It just shows how smart he really thinks he is and how intelligent he really appears to everyone else.

Besides Mark I got to remind you again if we lean on him too much some people out there will accuse us of treating these people like "sh** beneath our shoes." Don't want that to happen.

So go ahead Vikrant, have your fun.

Hello folks, new member here. I just started using Ty's editor and wow what a useful program this is.

I've been through some threads and have not found my issue (Or maybe I missed it) so I'd like to ask... sorry for the long winded post.

1) I wanted to make a full custom team, so I created a team, then made 25 identical 'template' players that I assigned either a position or pitcher, and left all the sliders alone.

2) Went into Ty's editor, modified all the stats (Which was faster to do than playing with sliders in the game) and saved all players.

3) I go back into the player editor in-game and the stats I put into Ty's editor isn't reflected there (All 75s), but when I am in a game, they are... so not too big of a deal since the stats I want are working.

4) But the main problem now is that when I edit height/weight/appearance in the in-game editor (Which isn't available to edit in Ty's), they show up correctly on the list of players, but not in game (They all show up as the default bald 6'0 200lb player). Is this a problem with me creating a player and going back and forth between the external and internal editors or something else?

3) I go back into the player editor in-game and the stats I put into Ty's editor isn't reflected there (All 75s), but when I am in a game, they are... so not too big of a deal since the stats I want are working.

I think I figured out this part of the problem myself. There appears to be like 2 or 3 copies of my custom players in the list that shows up on the left hand side. One is for the Free Agents list and one is for the Team list... I needed to edit the FA copy and it seems to show the numbers in the game now.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Ty's Roster Editor will work with MLB2k11? Do the .ROS files change year to year?

I still don't think this question was stupid. Imagine if .ROS files were compatible year-to-year so MLB2k10 could use rosters for 2k11. There is some precedent with 2k9 to 2k10. It's quite diabolical and profound if you ask me.

I still don't think this question was stupid. Imagine if .ROS files were compatible year-to-year so MLB2k10 could use rosters for 2k11. There is some precedent with 2k9 to 2k10. It's quite diabolical and profound if you ask me.

You're amazing. You're quoting yourself here. You are the kind of guy who can start an argument in an empty room.

Besides Mark I got to remind you again if we lean on him too much some people out there will accuse us of treating these people like "sh** beneath our shoes." Don't want that to happen.

Wow. You really are a piece of work. You need to learn how to stop holding grudges as well. You know... Forgive and forget... I mean, how long has it been since I made that comment... One that was justified at that time, by the way... I don't think the person I was defending did anything at all on that day to deserve the treatment he got. If memory serves me, he ended up acting out later on in the thread, but you do too, when people call you out..

But yeah, the day you guys learn to differentiate between dumb people asking stupid questions (like the one from Vikrant above), and some people that are new, and really just don't know... We are all human, and sometimes we make mistakes... You guys tend to lump 80% of these questions into a pile, and talk **** about them all... Then you throw in a few nice comments towards an occasional dumb question, and all of a sudden, you're a saint or something..

I was lucky enough to be one of those guys who was treated right. Granted, I have been around the block a time or two at others sites around the web since I first joined the world of the internet back in 1996... I understand how some people work, and I came here with a different attitude than some of the newer people. Maybe that is why I was one of the "chosen ones" (at least for a while.. Til I ruffled your feathers).

I could care less how you treat people who come in here and act like Vikrant was... It's the instant responses that bug me. If a guy comes in and acts like a dick from day one, tear him apart... I mean, we all like to give people a hard time, but there is no need to be a jerk right back. Vikrant came in, got picked on a little bit, and acted like a baby... Fine, have your fun, he now deserves it... But, if a guy comes in and asks one dumb question, because he doesn't know any better, and 5 or 6 people (including 2 or 3 admins) start ripping on him, and treating him like ****, how is he supposed to react?

How many potentially good members have been driven away because of how some of the admins treated him.

Hell, I was nearly driven away in my first week when one of the admins didn't agree with my stance on steroids, and asked me 'if I was drunk... I mean, how can anyone be that stupid if they aren't drunk'. Now that isn't an exact quote, and Y4L, you may even remember that day, because I think you are one of the ones that came to my defense...

In the end, all I am saying is that there is a fine line. Sure, you don't want to give some idiot the idea that he can be like that all the time, but you also don't need to jump down a guys throat over one dumb thing.

I am sure my thread will be broken down in quotes, by paragraph, and responded to... Or maybe just ignored all together.. That's fine... This isn't my site to run, you do it however you think Trues would want you to...

I really don't go to the forums anymore.. I pretty much just scan the "recent topics" on the home page to see if I see anything interesting or not. I just happened to stumble across this thread today (15 days after the above comment was made). I probably wont come back in any time soon either, so feel free to tear me to shreds for standing up for the few people that deserve it. Wont bother me at all.

Have a wonderful day :)

I think I have contributed quite a lot to this board. After all, it was ME who broke the news of the PC patch being released. I've also posted some really important things like double-switching, and not being able to bat the pitcher 8th in the order. I don't appreciate being called an idiot, I'm a highly successful marketing manager for a start-up company and I was admitted into UC Berkeley.