Your take on "The Hitter's Eye"?

RedSoxFox7

I just watched the 4 videos available at easports.com, and from what I can see in the videos, it looks totally useless to me.

Brinkman has said it's there to make hitting easier, but isn't that what the difficulty sliders are for?

From other videos I've seen, they still have the circle appear in the strike zone when a pitcher misses his mark, so that defeats the only useful purpose I could see for THE.

I could see THE being useful if it took into account the pitchers effectiveness for a certain pitch, the location he hit on the pitch meter, and the batter's plate discipline (or "eye"), but all they mention in the video is the batter's abilities adjusting the effects of THE.

The "swing feedback" aspect of THE looks nice, but I don't think it should even be considered a part of this seemingly lame gimmick. It's just another graphical improvement, and I applaud them for that.

What do the rest of you think of THE, given the info that's out there on it?

I actually think it 's a great idea, just for the reason that pitchers do tip their pitches and good hitters can read a pitcher.

like he mentioned Ted Williams would call out numbers......and other picthers will be harder to see....for instance a young minor leaguer will be very vunerable to a guy like manny or piazza. on the other hand you can have a pitcher like nolan ryan who hides the ball till th elast second.

Basically they're trying to recreate how a hitter would read a pitch based on the grip the pitcher would have on the ball. Since we don't have great graphics that would show the grip on the ball, EA uses colors to indicate what pitch would be thrown. Depending on the pitcher's delivery, you can read a pitch later in the windup, near delivery, or you can read a pitch when he's starting to windup and throw.

Hope that explains the Hitter's Eye

like he mentioned Ted Williams would call out numbers......and other picthers will be harder to see....for instance a young minor leaguer will be very vunerable to a guy like manny or piazza. on the other hand you can have a pitcher like nolan ryan who hides the ball till th elast second.

but from the way they described that in the video, that's more an issue of delivery style than skill. unless they plan on having player evolve their windup (which i doubt), it seems to be a moot point.

But that being said, most pitchers don;t tinker with thier wind up and the best pitchers usually hide the ball well.........

i'm sure that young players coming up through the farm system make minor adjustments to their deliveries for reasons like hiding the ball a little better

All I am hoping for is that this crap can be turned off!!! What on earth was EA thinking by adding a color coded system essentially tipping off the hitter everytime. After watching the videos and seeing those ugly red and green balls, I will cross my fingers and hope that this can be turned off or I won't be putting my money down for an arcade baseball game that gives the hitter such an advantage. Another big waste of time on EA's part, instead of focusing on maybe having foul balls and fewer diving catches they seem to be more concerned with adding some colored balls into the game to make hitting easier.

All I am hoping for is that this crap can be turned off!!! What on earth was EA thinking by adding a color coded system essentially tipping off the hitter everytime. After watching the videos and seeing those ugly red and green balls, I will cross my fingers and hope that this can be turned off or I won't be putting my money down for an arcade baseball game that gives the hitter such an advantage. Another big waste of time on EA's part, instead of focusing on maybe having foul balls and fewer diving catches they seem to be more concerned with adding some colored balls into the game to make hitting easier.

maybe you should read the interviews before you start bashing the game. you can turn off the "colored ball." there are more foul balls included a ton of new animations. the diving catches have been worked on as well.

good idea, but a colored ball is just too obvious. None of this will matter unless they fix the walks :wink:

If you do CPU vs. CPU, even MVP04 didn't have a problem with walks.

When you put a human into the game, there really isn't anything EA can do to force you to take pitches or throw outside the strike zone.

If you do CPU vs. CPU, even MVP04 didn't have a problem with walks.

When you put a human into the game, there really isn't anything EA can do to force you to take pitches or throw outside the strike zone.

High Heat seemed to be more balanced with walks but where EA really screwed up last year was that no matter the pitch, as long as you hit the button within the green it would always throw a strike if you placed your pitch within the strike zone. It was just too easy to throw strikes. And as soon as the cpu pitcher would get 3 balls they all of sudden would lock into the zone and throw strikes more often than balls. The modding community did do a good job of fixing this but EA has to improve upon last year's game. Also the CPU managers need to be improved alot, bunting and not bunting when it was appropriate, changing pitchers for no reason or leaving pitchers in too long. Horrible bullpen management. I never saw the game use subs other than pinch hitting for a pitcher .

Like when I got an 0-2 count and the CPU would suddenly not swing at anything...And I hate it when EVERY time I check my swing, it's a STRIKE, every time the CPU checks its swing, it's a ball...God that pissed me off...BROKE UP A PERFECT GAME because some AAA call-up went from 0-2 to 3-2 and drew a walk on a check-swing(Drum-Roll) BALL...

I hope EA fixed all that gamepley...

I guess I can take the pathetic "re-done" *COUGH* Bullshit *COUGH* stadiums if they fixed the gameplay...

Balls is an option in the slides in 05...So you can chose to have many balls and walks or less balls and more balls in play...

Thank God...finally...

I just wish they wouldn't BS us about the stadiums...they didn't redo jack-$#!^. They just changed the ads and made the jumbotrons show the player at-bat...and I thikn they put in the grass paterns...Stadiums are still the 2001 or 2002 versions and look like crap...

Archived