krawhitham

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: MVP 08 Baseball

File Submitter: krawhitham

File Submitted: 11 Mar 2012

File Updated: 11 Mar 2012

File Category: Total Conversion Mods

Version: 1.0

This total conversion mod for MVP Baseball 2005 updates your game to the 2008 baseball season.

MVP 08 Mod Requirements:

• MVP Baseball 2005 original CDs or CD images
  • Total installer Thingy v 2.0.3 or later installed

Installation:

Select the .7z file using Total installer Thingy (TiT) v2.0.3 (or later). While installing the mod you will be asked to insert the original MVP 2005 CDs. Please note that CD images WILL WORK. During the installation (toward the end) a program will pop up and ask you to select you MVP baseball profile file (normally in a sub folder in your My Documents folder) this will make you save files compatible with MVP 08

Click here to download this file

It says you need a password?

Did you follow the instructions on the download page and install Total Installer Thingy first? If you start the Total Installer Thingy, and THEN select the 08 mod, it will not ask you for a password.

If you try to install the 08 mod outside of the Total Installer Thingy, it WILL ask for a password.

Follow the instructions and it should work fine. I tested it out before posting the mod today and it worked fine for me when I followed the proper sequence.

Did you follow the instructions on the download page and install Total Installer Thingy first? If you start the Total Installer Thingy, and THEN select the 08 mod, it will not ask you for a password.

If you try to install the 08 mod outside of the Total Installer Thingy, it WILL ask for a password.

Follow the instructions and it should work fine. I tested it out before posting the mod today and it worked fine for me when I followed the proper sequence.

Thank you!

One question Jim...it is a zip file (MVP 08) so where do I unzip it to in order to open with TiT? Thanks in advance- I appreciate your help!

You don't have to extract anything from the .7z files. When you run TiT, it asks you to select the file you want to install. Simply select the .7z file itself, and TiT will do the rest. It will take care of extracting the files, running them, prompting you to insert the proper MVP 2005 CDs, etc.

You don't have to extract anything from the .7z files. When you run TiT, it asks you to select the file you want to install. Simply select the .7z file itself, and TiT will do the rest. It will take care of extracting the files, running them, prompting you to insert the proper MVP 2005 CDs, etc.

Got it Jim- thanks. Now do I still need to download up to Patch #2 in 05 before downloading MVP 08? I really appreciate the help!

Edited by jamolisim

No patches needed with this.

I do remember that there have been times with pw protected 7z files that even if you rest your cursor on the file momentarily it will ask you for a pw, which can be very confusing.

But this is gonna help a lot of people out. Nice job guys.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 years later...