Mvp 2005 And Windows 7 Incompatibility (For Me At Least)

PaulH

Hi, and I'm rather new to the party of rediscovering this great game. I have an Alienware Aurora R-3 computer, re™ i5-2300 CPU @ 2.8GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580, Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Edition, DirectX 11, VSync enabled, no mods, clean install, legit copy bought from ebay. Won't run at all. Tried running as administrator, tried under Vista, XP (SP's 2 and 3), just about everything. Right now I'm SOL. Any walk-through would be most appreciated.

Edited by PaulH

• 2 weeks later...

I assume it's installed as typical user? Will it even install when you place it in the cd-drive? When you click on the application icon, does the game screen attempt to show up and then crash? At what point is it crashing? Or are you just clicking on the .exe and nothing at all is happening? Some specifics would be a start to giving ya a hand. I am playing on Windows 7/64 bit and it runs better than in 2005, so I doubt it's your OS. Let us know.

I assume it's installed as typical user? Will it even install when you place it in the cd-drive? When you click on the application icon, does the game screen attempt to show up and then crash? At what point is it crashing? Or are you just clicking on the .exe and nothing at all is happening? Some specifics would be a start to giving ya a hand. I am playing on Windows 7/64 bit and it runs better than in 2005, so I doubt it's your OS. Let us know.

Good questions to ask to begin to find out what is wrong here. I hope he follows it. Also, he should try to run the game in Administrator mode. That could help too.

It installs without a hitch. I've tried without the 5 official EA patches and with the 5 patches in separate attempts to run the game. Only after it's installed completely do I click the desktop icon. I've tried running it in administrator mode, and I've tried compatibility mode going back to windows 2005. I've even tried installing it in programfiles (X86) and just programfiles directories on the C drive. Nothing works at present. Tried running with the MVP08 addition and without. So I think you can sense my frustration. Perhaps I just need to uninstall and you could walk me through how you managed to run it on your Win7/64 bit machine :)

Any help appreciated.

P,S, I'd love to get this working on my computer, as the initial offerings for 2k12 are not on the same level yet as MVP2005, or even 2k11 PC.

Edited by PaulH

Weren't you just told a couple of days ago in this very thread that it is against the rules to bump threads ? What is it with you?

Yes he was, and because of that, he's earned himself a 30-day vacation from this site. :angry:

Let's see if he's learned his lesson once he's allowed back on.

• 1 month later...

Yes he was, and because of that, he's earned himself a 30-day vacation from this site. :angry:

Let's see if he's learned his lesson once he's allowed back on.

**** ***, pal. There are far greater crimes being committed on the internet than somebody bumping a topic.

I really want my recently bought copy of MVP 05 to work. I've tried every possible method plus the ones suggested here. Nothing worked. A week went by with no additional information. If there's anyone who can guide me on a step by step process of how to get the game running, I'd appreciate it. Maybe it's something I'm doing, only though I just installed the game and the 5 patches.

**** ***, pal. There are far greater crimes being committed on the internet than somebody bumping a topic.

I really want my recently bought copy of MVP 05 to work. I've tried every possible method plus the ones suggested here. Nothing worked. A week went by with no additional information. If there's anyone who can guide me on a step by step process of how to get the game running, I'd appreciate it. Maybe it's something I'm doing, only though I just installed the game and the 5 patches.

You're asking for another suspension and this time it'll be longer. You don't go around saying F You to Jim and don't try to pretend that you don't know what I am talking about. That guy does a lot on here that most people don't know about and you think you are pretty smart swearing at him because he did his job.