Is Anyone Going To Do A Roster Update?

LouisvilleLipp

as DS says bsu has a roster and he keeps it updated as he has time.One thing everyone must know when it comes to rosters it changes dailey and it is very demanding work for one person so just need a lil patience

Its also pretty simple for people to download his roster update and keep track of transactions, call-ups, injuries etc on our own too. BSU-FAN puts long hard work into his roster updates, and I for one dont need every double A or single A player, or prospect, though its greatly appreciated. :give_rose:

Understandable, it is a lot of work trying to keep up with all the call-ups and send-downs. As others have said, I'm just concerned with the major league and AAA rosters. AA and A is not really a big deal, because it's seldom players are called up from those anyways.

Personally I don't care about the call ups and call downs or injuries. I just manage those on my own. What I care about are players playing on the right team and players that might be missing. My roster currently is missing a ton of players.

I am currently working on a massive update that will have ALL AAA and AA players plus many many more low level prospects. This next release should be more then anyone could ever ask for since I am aiming to make my "NoFakeNames" roster actually live up to it's name! This means I am going team by team and making each team have NO fake players in any level and no fake players in F.A. either. THAT MEANS I AM EDITING SOMEWHERE CLOSE TO 2500 REAL PLAYERS!!! So...Like others have pointed out this is a very time consuming thing and even more patience will be needed with this one. I have about 7 organizations completed right now and am trying to do a team a day (sometimes more sometimes less based on how much time i can put into it). Also I will be doing a complete rating update once I have made sure all players are correct and on the correct team or organization. Any injured player will be placed in the level below their current assignment like i have done in the past. So this means while AAA and AA might not have all 25 men on its "in-game" roster they will be in that organization(usually just one level below to make room for injured players who are on the DL). Once i have added in all AA players I use each teams top 20 prospect list and fill in any lower level prospects placing them in single A. At that point if there are still fake players I'll hand pick a few notable single A players to finish off the roster. This will make every organization from top to bottom all real players! This update will give MLB, AAA, and AA exactly 25 man on each roster. For single A I used anywhere from 22-24 players leaving room for any future acquisitions. Back to work on the rosters I go...

Do the rosters, lineups, etc get reset once starting season play like on the 360? I believe in previous years I had to start the season and then do all the roster editing before the beginning of the season so that the lineups would stay as I wanted them.

What do you mean with "reset"? To me it seems you are simply using the wrong setup before starting the season. There is an option which roster you want to use for the season. You can

a) choose "default", which means you start with the 2k base roster

B) choose "current", which means you start with the roster that you are currently usign, e.g. you start with BSU-Fan's roster when you are using this.

I bet you were choosing a).

Or do you mean that the players are on the right teams and only the lineups are messed up by the start of the season? That can't be changed since when a player gets injured or something like that the AI calculates the lineup new.

You talked about "rosters, lineups, etc". So I first thought you could use the wrong roster setup.

If the setup is right use the second part of my answer. When an injury happens the AI calculates everything new and therefore it may look like "screwed up". Only VERY massive rating edits could solve this problem. But since coaches in real life do change their lineups all the time it would be impossible to edit the ratings 100% right.

Edited by wudl83

Start a franchise with whatever roster you choose (BSU-FANs, not 2K). Take control of all teams. When spring training starts, dont make any roster or lineup changes at all. Leave the lineups,rotations as is. When the season starts, your rosters are left unchanged. And you can do what you want in editing them from now on. And be sure to leave computer trades off as well as the lame amateur draft. When the draft starts mid-season, just dont sign any players or release them right away and your rosters will not be affected. As far as taking players of the DL with Ty's editor, I got around the in-game glitch by putting that player on the DL for 1 more game and simming or playing that individual game. Next day the player was off the DL and added to the 25 man roster.

• 3 weeks later...

stl ive done the same just create from an existing player that u know wont be playing...tinpan i myself think its easier just to use the editor,it doesnt matter either way just the editor makes life lil easier lol

I think the problem I was referring to with the CPU realigning rosters was something that would happen when you had more than 25 men on the initial roster. THEN, the start of the season would cause a whole revamp of the lineups and rotations. But I think the beauty of the BSU rosters is that they seem to keep only 25 men on each team.