The Music Thread

rroy0824

Rush? One of the best. I had one in mind the other day but neglected to grab it.

This one's early Iron Maiden. I'm sure everyone has heard of these guys but not many of you with the original lead singer Paul Di'anno. As good as Bruce Dickinson is, this guy is just as good.

Here's Killers, from their second studio album Killers that was released in 1981. This is the studio cut of the song.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like a lot of songs by the band Avenged Sevenfold. Below are two of my favorites by them.

First, Afterlife:

And one more, Welcome to the Family:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OZs7IoWTvc

There are others, I just only wanted to post two. :p

Two more I never heard of! :) You know who would have really loved this thread and would have posted more songs that I never heard of? MarkB. That guy was a big rap fan and one time he had me listen to one of his songs and my ears rang for three days.

That being said, here's one that I am familiar with. A good song with a great guitar solo - the perfect recipe for a song. Here's Ozzy Osbourne's Mr.Crowley.

@rroy0824 YES YES YES YES :p Afterlife is such a good song, blistering solo on top of that.

Haha. YES! YES! YES! :lol: It is a great song and due to whatever, it is the first song in my iPod when in alphabetical order. Thats how I thought of this song today. :p They put out a bunch of great songs and I like them a lot. Great band!

Two more I never heard of! :) You know who would have really loved this thread and would have posted more songs that I never heard of? MarkB. That guy was a big rap fan and one time he had me listen to one of his songs and my ears rang for three days.

That being said, here's one that I am familiar with. A good song with a great guitar solo - the perfect recipe for a song. Here's Ozzy Osbourne's Mr.Crowley.

One of my all time favs.

Well I'm an axegrinder, Piledriver

Mother says that I never never mind her

Got no brains I'm insane

Teacher says that I'm one big pain....

And that began the biggest hit of Quiet Riot's career, this 1983 song called Metal Health. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3oeGwq9Qy0

This is one of, if not my favorite song by Kanye West. It's a bit slower then most songs I like, but it is still a great song. It also has a pretty cool video. :p

Kanye West-Heartless:

And as a bonus, The Fray did a cover of it. In my opinion, I don't think it is better then the Kanye version, but it is still a good cover.

Anyone remember when Bret Michaels was a singer and not some guy on a bunch of reality shows? :p I like a lot of 80's hair bands and I'll probably post more in the near future. Poison happens to be one of bands I like and this is a great song.

Poison-Nothin' But A Good Time:

@rroy: I finally know a band that you featured! :)

This one is Pretty Woman by Van Halen. It's a song originally recorded by Roy Orbison in the sixties but Van Halen juiced it up a little bit and it sounds ok to me. I also should admit here that when I first heard the song when I was a kid I thought Van Halen wrote it. :)

@rroy: I finally know a band that you featured! :)

Haha :lol: Well yay! I'm proud of us! ;)

A great song, with a awesome rhythm to it, The White Stripes-Seven Nation Army:

Which gave us an awesome sports chant like this:

And I know Michigan isn't the first team to do this, but its the biggest stadium so, yeah. :p

This next video is something that I suppose I should call a "you had to be there at that time" video because even though he is still around today Billy Squier was at his peak in the early 1980's and this song here Rock me Tonite was one of his best.

I picked out this particular video because this is when turntables were still very popular to have. CD's were just starting to hit the marketplace and the first ones were very expensive too. With a good speaker system the LP's sounded good but I will still stick with CD's.

I'd be very curious to know how many of you remember this guy or even heard of him.

• 3 weeks later...