New Roster Project Planned: I Need Your Help! First: Ratings

wudl83

Breaking balls are usually become yellow quickly, Fastballs when thrown enough times in a row will become yellow too. If you have an imbalance in pitches, like you throw many Slurves then many Fastballs without switching up much then pitches become coloured.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it's just the curve. In my last outing with Kimbrel, who has two pitches, fastball and slurve, my slurve turned yellow, and never turned back. At one point, my fastball was red and my slurve was yellow. How does that work?

That's complete BS in my opinion. Very bad job by 2k sports...

Here you can see a table of pitchers using the curve including the % of use:

- Starters

http://www.fangraphs...ers=0&sort=11,d

- Relievers

http://www.fangraphs...lter=&players=0

Maybe someone wants to test it ingame. I gonna leave it as it is I think. I gonna go on with editing the Mariners. :p

Breaking balls are usually become yellow quickly, Fastballs when thrown enough times in a row will become yellow too. If you have an imbalance in pitches, like you throw many Slurves then many Fastballs without switching up much then pitches become coloured.

You could be right and that could be the explanation why 2k assigned pitches to pitchers they do not throw in reality. I do not remember any special names but I remember that I was editing pitchers in the last few weeks that had gotten pitches by 2k which I have never seen them throwing in reality.

That would really be bad programming...

Maybe I should assign at least three pitches to every pitcher? Don't know - would be no biggie since most already have at least 3.

Sorry I read over it by accident. With my version of Reditor I can't edit the managers. But I think it is possible with the Guru version? Maybe I buy it later.

I first want to keep up track with the players since the players are the ones you play with. :D

But later I will look into coaches as well.

One thing after another. :)

Apposite to Kccitystar releasing the Mariners' unis I completed the Mariners a few moments ago. The new BETA version will go online within a few minutes. The Mariners get the first three 5-stars prospects with Hultzen, Walker and Zunino

As always I corrected a few typos and made the transactions that happened since my last update.

Any wishes regarding which team to pick up next? First one wins. :D

And another question. Do you think I should continue editing whole franchises first and then switch to another or should I first only do the 40 man rosters and include some top prospects and leave the rest of the minor leaguers with unreal players and update minor leaguers later? It is all about what you prefer.

Indeed. :D Of course I knew that they are having some injury problems right now but this lineup looks so weak besides Jeter and Cano, unbelievable.

With Tex, Arod and Grandy at the AAA they only have 71 batting rating. But Gary Sanchez got 5 stars for compensation. :D

I don't think it's just the curve. In my last outing with Kimbrel, who has two pitches, fastball and slurve, my slurve turned yellow, and never turned back. At one point, my fastball was red and my slurve was yellow. How does that work?

This might also be tied into pitch count and if you were possibly over by a fair amount I could see this happening.

What determines pitch count anyways "stamina"?

You could be right and that could be the explanation why 2k assigned pitches to pitchers they do not throw in reality. I do not remember any special names but I remember that I was editing pitchers in the last few weeks that had gotten pitches by 2k which I have never seen them throwing in reality.

That would really be bad programming...

Maybe I should assign at least three pitches to every pitcher? Don't know - would be no biggie since most already have at least 3.

Bad programming seems common with the MLB 2K franchise lol

And another question. Do you think I should continue editing whole franchises first and then switch to another or should I first only do the 40 man rosters and include some top prospects and leave the rest of the minor leaguers with unreal players and update minor leaguers later? It is all about what you prefer.

I'd say do 40-man rosters with top prospects and then go back to finish up later.

I finished the Giants organization today and worked on some Yankee prospects. When I have finished the rest of the Yankees' minor leaguers (I have already put in correct names and birth dates for those players, only correcting positions and faces are left) I could release the next BETA tomorrow.

Yap. It is nearly impossible for more than one person to work on the roster at the same time. I tried a little bit copy and paste via Reditor (what would obviously be the only method for this scenario) and I got numerous crashes (I don't know why, but it did). I even got crashes sometimes when copying too many lines at one time in the same roster file...Thank you 2k.

Combining work for the Show is a piece of cake however...

I think you only can edit the names for the five staff members but not add any new to those.

I finished the Yankees teams a few minutes ago. I also have switched the Buffalo Bisons and Las Vegas 51. Should go online within the next few minutes.

I decided to bring in a new star system or talent system howsoever you wanna call it. All players that have edited names, birth dates, positions and so on including ratings have at least a potential rating of 79. All players that have gotten those edits except the ratings have a maximum potential rating of 72. I did that because those players who haven't got a look into their ratings (those ratings are often totally randomly made by 2k) should not screw up your franchise by progressing too fast. But I want to progress the edited players and the real top prospects faster since I gave them reasonable ratings.

I hope you can agree to this method. I did implement this for the Angels, Mariners, Rangers, Yankees and Giants by now.

Any wishes regarding which team to pick up next? The first one wins again. :p