New Roster Project Planned: I Need Your Help! First: Ratings

wudl83

I tested it out and you were right, sask3m. When you edit "too many" (no clue how many exactly) players ingame and then open Reditor you get empty lines. The problem is that when you reach this particular number not only one name is affected. So it can be that you edit some names ingame, save it and then you open Reditor, you see the empty lines, you correct it, save it and they show up ingame again. But when you edit new names ingame then not only those new names are affected, but also those names, that have been empty before. So you get accumulation after accumulation and that is not funny since that means that every time you safe something ingame you have to correct all names using an editor. I think I won't edit anything ingame from now on and hope working only with Reditor and Ty's editor helps.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I learned from testing:

- editing too many players ingame causes the "bug"

- editing too many names of players in Ty's editor causes the "bug"

- doing transactions or lineup changes ingame does not cause the "bug"

- editing players in Ty's editor without changing their names does not cause the "bug"

- everything in Reditor does not cause the "bug"

So I know what I have to do from now on!

Played another game, this time Rangers vs Indians.

Kinsler led off the game with a HR and then I got three straight singles and a run, which made me think 'another slugfest'. Little did I know, those were the only two runs I'd get all game. In the end it was all I needed. A 2-0 victory was by no means a slugfest and the game played within very realistic values of hits, walks, strike %, etc.

Darvish was great, pitching a 4-hit complete game shutout, with 5K's. 2 of those hits came in the 9th with one out, after which he proceeded to induce a game-ending double play. His pitching icons did seem to become 'red' a lot faster than with other pitchers, but I don't really use the Rangers or Darvish, so that is something that needs better checking.

Ubaldo Jimenez struggled with his control but managed to only walk one batter. He got into this really bad habbit for me of getting to the 3 ball count and only then started throwing strikes.

In all, a much more realistic experience than the first game I played. (Even though games with a lot of runs and hits do occur). I really think you did a geat job.

Also, the Rangers' cap colour seemed to me a bit different from the rest of the blue on their uniforms.

Hope this helps :good:

Yeah, Ubaldo really likes to throw balls. :D

Regarding Darvish: did his pitches get yellow and green again after they were red? There was this problem with certain pitchers in the 2k original roster where the pitches got red and then stayed red all game long for some pitchers. I remember Darvish being one and e.g. Jarrod Parker another one.

If they stayed red for Darvish I gonna workaround this. The other possibility would be that the game engine causes his pitches to get red quickly. Darvish is a pitcher who mixes pitches very very much.

But as I said you should get different results like me. One game a slugfest, the other game only a few hits n runs. Key is to stay patient at the plate. But that is the biggest problem for me... :D

Thanks for your feedback!

I got a little present for the weekend for you. I finished the Rangers franchise a few minutes ago (contracts, service time for MLB and 40 man roster, edited ratings for 40 man roster and some top prospects + all other minor leaguers have real names, real positions and real skin tones as far as possible). Will be only within a few minutes.

They came back to green/yellow. But they did seem to get red a lot faster than with other pitchers. Patience is something that I lack sometimes too.

I will try the newer version as soon as I can and leave feeback afterwards.

Edited by sabugo

They came back to green/yellow. But they did seem to get red a lot faster than with other pitchers. Patience is something that I lack sometimes too.

I will try the newer version as soon as I can and leave feeback afterwards.

Ok then maybe it is caused by the fact that Darvish mixes up his pitches so much and that the game can't really deal with that. Maybe it is not programmed for that. I think I had something like that happen with another pitcher. Perhaps I gonna tweak Darvish's pitches a little bit.

Can someone help me with getting this roster file into the game? I'd love to test this out, but I don't know how to get it into the game. I have the beta downloaded, but I can't do anything with it. My email address is tsizzle7@msn.com if you don't want to leave the instructions here.

It's not too difficult.

I gonna quote BSU-Fan for this:

*To install extract to one of the following locations:

For WinXP users: C:Documents and SettingsUserNameApplication Data2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves

For Vista and Windows 7 users: C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoaming2K SportsMajor League Baseball 2K12Saves

After that you can load my roster ingame. Maybe I should give the install description along with my roster in the Readme.

I have Windows 8, though. Does that change anything? Once I get to C:UsersUsername...there is no "AppData" folder. Also, not sure if this matters, but I have it downloaded through Steam. Does that change anything? Thanks for your help.

Not sure if this matters, but I am using Windows 8. Also, I have it downloaded through Steam. I don't have a "Roaming" folder after "appdata". I've also seen a "Saves" folder referenced in these postings, yet I can't find that folder when searching sub menus. I'm lost.

Ok, tried the newer version. That Angels lineup is a nightmare...

So, Darvish's pitches turn yellow and red fast but they do go back to green eventually. I think it might have to do with how he mixes his pitches.

Weird thing is, with all of the relievers I tried (Nathan, Scheppers, Lindlbom), their curveball turns red after two pitches and NEVER goes back to even yellow. (I have a game saved on the top of the 7th so that I could go back and keep trying different relievers and see how they do)

Anyone else had this happening?

Edit/Update: So like I said, I have a game saved in the 7th which I can go back to and try different relievers. Now I think what might be screwing up the curveballs might be the fact that it is a saved game. I went back to the game and this time I left Darvish in the game a little while longer and his curve stayed red and didn't come back. Don't know why this is happening, I'll have to play a game without saving to give you better info on this.

Edited by sabugo

Neither have I. Wonders never cease with 2KSports.

I tested Scheppers and Lindblom and their CBs got red and didn't turn yellow/green again.

After that I looked into the pitch percentages and they were fine.

Next I took Sean Burnett and Ernesto Frieri (Angels) and tested both. I threw Changeups and Sliders with Frieri and Changeups with Burnett until those pitches got red (happened quite fast, no high use of those pitches for both in reality and I put in those percentages into the game) and after throwing other pitches the CB was still staying red. But after Sean Burnett's 22nd pitch the Changeup turned yellow again and after 31 pitches green. Then I threw another changeup. It got yellow. After pitch 38 the changeup got green again. And after Frieri's 27th pitch the Slider and Changeup turned yellow again, too. So I expect something quite similar to Sean Burnett.

To put it in a nutshell it seems to be a problem of how the game calculates the pitches being green/yellow/red. E.g. Sean Burnett has a Changeup pct. of 11% (1 pitch out of 10 he throws a Change). He uses his Sinker 63% (6 pitches out of 10 he throws a Sinker) and his Slider 26% (3 pitches out of 10 he throws a Slider). So when you throw the Changeup at the beginning of Burnett's stint (and I think this counts analog for all the other pitchers) 3 or 4 times out of 5 you have usage of his changeup that is way higher than in reality and that is because it gets red so fast. And when you have thrown it 3 or 4 times it still was used (when you calculate it) over 11% of the time, even when you have thrown 15 pitches overall (15 pitches overall divided by 4 Changeups means that every 4th pitch was a Changeup --> but only 1 pitch out of 10 should be a changeup compared to the percentage of use). I can't exactly tell why the Changeup got yellow after 22 pitches. But as far as I do not make any mistakes after 22 pitches the usage of the Changeup (we have thrown it 4 times) drops below 20%, And after 31 pitches the 4 times used changeup is nearly at 11% again.

So I think this must be somehow a "flaw" (I wouldn't even call it flaw because it's only maths) caused by the game and not by me.

But regardind Curveballs there must be another flaw. I do not know what causes it. When Curveballs are involved they stay yellow or red all the time Curveballs seem to be different. Why? I don't know. I threw 3 CBs with Scheppers --> red. I threw 3 Changeups with Scheppers --> both Change and CB red. Next I threw a FB --> CB stays red, Change turns green???

I also altered the % of usage for the Rangers BP-CB-throwers and the speed, I changed the "slot" of their pitches in the editor. No chance.

EDIT:

I downloaded the latest official 2k roster and one that was released miday through the season. The problem regarding Curveballs and relievers did already exist (I tested Lindblom and Nathan with both rosters). So it is clearly a problem caused by 2k's game engine or their last roster update which I used as a baseroster and I will not be able to fix this problem. Damn. I never realized this flaw. This is so ugly. :sad:

But in the very first roster (I did not try any other rosters) the problem did not exist. I tried Affeldt, Juan Abreu (then CL of the Astros), Nathan and after their CBs turned red they turned yellow and green again.

Got to find a way to work around that somehow. Man, 2k you suckers.

I noticed some of the numbers being messed up on the Braves today,

Justin Upton 10 --> 8

Chris Johnson 29 --> 23

Ramiro Pena 8 --> 14

Matt Pagnozzi 5 --> 20

Cristhian Martinez 30 --> 50

Thanks, I think I somehow forgot to change the Braves' numbers. Will do it in my next update.

That's not your fault, Sabugo. No need to be sorry.

But I really wonder what the heck 2k was doing with their rosters. Why do the curveballs work fine in the early roster updates and why don't they work fine in the later updates? And why are only certain pitchers affected while others are not? And why only the curveballs and no other pitches?

Like I said it is clearly not my fault (unlike the typos I did make :D). I can not understand something like that. Don't they test anything before releasing it? This game could be so good...

So damn strange...and especially silly!

My thoughts exactly. 2KSports clearly have some talent in their ranks, but they seem to lack the intelligence to make things work properly.

In theory, the system for calculating how many times is too much for a certain pitch thrown, using % and tendencies is a good system. They just didn't troubleshoot it properly I guess.

This is just another example of how poorly their products have been tested. The date bug is another.

Maybe BSU-Fan has some info or suggestions on why this is happening with the curveballs.