New Roster Project Planned: I Need Your Help! First: Ratings

wudl83

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished the Mets, Nationals and Padres 25 man rosters today. I also updated all the transactions for every team. This means that the "only" things I have left is editing ratings, contracts, etc.

As promised I will give you a BETA version of the 25 man rosters when I am finished with it.

Assuming that I will be able to edit one 25 man roster per day that means that with 4 teams left the BETA should be available at friday or saturday.

Some insight:

I played the Phillies @ WSH.

Stats seem to be ok, a little bit too much Ks for me and a little bit too many strikes for WSH. But I have bad plate discipline and foul very often. :D

Homeruns by Harper (WSH) and Howard (PHI).

SPs: Kendrick (6.0 IP, 7H, 5ER, 9K, 1HR); Haren (6.0 IP, 7H, 3ER, 4K, 3HR)

And I suffered badly from Delmon Young in RF. If I had a better fielder at this position Bryce Harper wouldn't have doubled in 3 runs... :sad:

In the 7th WSH brought in Storen, in the 8th Clippard and in the 9th Soriano. This bullpen is nasty. When those 3 guys come in one after another it is game over.

tlkvhoevt5py.jpg

Maybe I can upload a BETA version even tomorrow. Gonna have some time and only two 25 man rosters left (Pirates, Rockies).

Played a really awesome but also disappointing game a few minutes ago.

Was playing the Reds vs. the Phillies. SPs were Chapman and Lee. Phillies managed to score 2 runs on 8 hits of Chapman in 6 innings of work. After that I brought in LeCure in the 7th. First pitch was a homerun by Rollins (I didn't hit the button long enough...lol). In the ninth the Phillies scored their 4th run off Ondrusek.

Well...all game long Cliff Lee killed me. He "only" had 5 Ks going into the 9th, but I wasn't able to create baserunners. I only had two singles of him until this point in the game and he was on the road to a complete game shutout. When the 9th inning started I didn't believe in a comeback. Choo was up. He drew the first walk for me in the whole game to get on base with 1 out (Mesoraco had lined out as a PH). Brandon Phillips singled and the Phillies contributed a throwing error. So Choo came home and it was 1-4 with Phillips on first base and 1 out. After that Joey Votto hit another single and I had 2 men on base. Next was Ryan Ludwick. After "a long epic battle" (like the commentators always call it) I struck out on 8 pitches. So I finally thought that now it was game over. But then came Jay Bruce. On a 2-3 count he bombed a 3 run homerun of Cliff Lee with 2 outs and I had tied the game in the 9th. The Phillies brought in Papelbon to at least secure the tie and he struck out my next batter. This really was an epic inning for me. I never had seen something like that before. :clapping:

But in the end I took the loss... :cray:

In the 11th inning I had Parra pitching. He got the first 2 men out and then I walked Erik Kratz. Next up would have been Papelbon but the Phills brought in Yuniesky Betancourt as a PH. I wasn't worried about that since he is not the best...But damn he got a double and brought home Kratz. I wasn't able to pull even again although I had a man on 3rd with 1 out.

Nevertheless a very fun game.

:crazy:

IMO this game is waaaay better than its reputation. It has two major flaws (cutoff man not throwing and terrible bullpen management by the CPU) but overall I have so much fun with it.

It's no big deal to finish the last two 25ers. I only have to edit the ratings of those two teams.

After that I will edit the rest of the players that are on the 40 man rosters. When I am finished with that I gonna release the 2nd BETA. :)

A little preadvice:

1) Please do not look too deep into the minor leagues. I only made the transactions for those teams and haven't edited anything else. Also you gonna find some injured major leaguers there that aren't edited. Other injured major leaguers like Grandy who were edited before they went down may be still on the MLB roster since I decided to leave alone the teams that have been edited to avoid editing some players more than one time.

2) When you realize some strange ratings or ratings that are off on the 25 man rosters please feel free to report it. 90% of the ratings were calculated and I only was switching between fangraphs.com, my excel file and the roster editor. So it may be that there are some typos (like 85 speed for a FB although it should be 95). Editing over 700 players without a typo is nearly impossible. :)

I've been looking forward to your roster as well as playing the 2013 schedule on the PC. But I still cannot get my game to load because of this stupid date freeze that 2K refuses to patch. None of the workarounds posted in multiple forums on various sites will work for me now. The one time it worked for me recently, I loaded the game ok, logged in ok, and downloaded one of the current rosters posted on 2Kshare ok. Then I saved the roster and exited out of the game to install some of the mods. The game will not even load now even after reinstalling the game multiple times and using various workarounds. No way in hell Im spending 60 bucks on 2k13 when it is virtually identical to 2k12 apparently, and no ability to mod either without a hacked xbox360

Yeah im on the pc. Beyondo only worked one time for me. The game loaded fine. I logged in with my account ok, downloaded a recent roster file off 2kshare, saved and exited out. I installed a few of the mods posted here, then tried to load the game again with Beyondo, then other means. But it still wouldn't work for me. No way im gonna try to make that batch file thingy I saw posted rlsewhere

Hm strange. I always have to use beyondo. I set the date to 1st October 2012 and everything works fine. When I get to the main menu in 2k12 I switch back to desktop and close beyondo and everything still works fine ingame.

I have Beyondo set for July 11, 2012, and simply let it run when loading the game. Unlike wudl83, I leave it alone during the whole time I play, then turn turn it off after playing. So far I've experienced no problems when set on Oct. 1st or July 11. Hope you're able to get up and running again, scottbilly!!

I have Beyondo set for July 11, 2012, and simply let it run when loading the game. Unlike wudl83, I leave it alone during the whole time I play, then turn turn it off after playing. So far I've experienced no problems when set on Oct. 1st or July 11. Hope you're able to get up and running again, scottbilly!!

Not closing Beyondo should work, you are right. I close it because I edit some things like lineups ingame for my roster file and to avoid potential crashes or errors I set the date back to normal. ;)

Hello, Thank You all for your work!! This is how I use beyondo and never have any problems with it. To operate on Vista and Windows 7 please run as administrator. Two tips. An alternative way to access "Quickset" and "Autoquit": Right-click the "Set" button to activate the Quickset popupmenu. Right-click the "Exit" button to activate the Autoquit popupmenu. Copied from the readme file.

Set the Alter date you want to use in green box, left click the Set button.

Right click on the Exit button and I choose Auto-quit in 2 or 3 minutes.

Hopefully this helps, sorry if not. I read forums all the time but adding or contributing is difficult for me.

Chewy

Hi wudl83,

I don't speak english very well but a little bit, i found your project very interesting and i wanna help you with the new players. I was doing my own roster based on transactions in mlb official page for every team and updated the salaries based on baseball-reference. i'm not finished yet, i'm a half work and i have an excel called "Missing players" that contains players who are new in the big leagues, most are kids from Dominican Republic and Venezuela signed to play in the minor leagues. The list is currently in 100 players. When you start to work on the minor leagues system maybe you will be interested on that list. Let me know if you wanted so i can finish the list and pass you.

Once again, sorry for my english and good work, very good work... :good:

Found another typo: R.A. Dickey's changeup is listed as 0 mph. I'm thinking it should be 80?

Yes you are right. It was another typo. I will wait 2-3 more days and see if somebody finds more typos. Then I will upload a corrected version.

Hi wudl83,

I don't speak english very well but a little bit, i found your project very interesting and i wanna help you with the new players. I was doing my own roster based on transactions in mlb official page for every team and updated the salaries based on baseball-reference. i'm not finished yet, i'm a half work and i have an excel called "Missing players" that contains players who are new in the big leagues, most are kids from Dominican Republic and Venezuela signed to play in the minor leagues. The list is currently in 100 players. When you start to work on the minor leagues system maybe you will be interested on that list. Let me know if you wanted so i can finish the list and pass you.

Once again, sorry for my english and good work, very good work... :good:

Hello and thank you. I will talk to you when I find the time to put in those players. :)

Well I got Beyondo to work finally, and checked out your roster. It looks very good, however the game now crashes when I try to load just after installing some mods. This is effin ridiculous.

And now you don't know which mode causes the crash? Damn.

Im not certain its the mode type that causes the crash. Installing any roster file works fine and installing a portrait file will work, but anything else I try to install, the game wont even load. I want to say the game thinks certain mod files are corrupted somehow. There was that similar problem for previous game that caused a crash when loading a game with a roster file that didn't have complete 25man team rosters or sufficient number of players on one or more minor leaguer team.