Editing Sounds For 2K12

netbeast

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=53672

=============

sorry!

I don’t speak English.... :)

==========

Currently 2K12 music files can not be edit..

=============

This is used Foobar2000 ~~

Just to let the game can be freely controlled play your own music to enable or disable the

To listen to their own music........

The 2K12 wanted to play the music they want

================

Before found another way ~ ~

Understand actually very simple simple ~ ~

2k12 music files `` can not be modified

So be regarded with background music playing

Did not modify the game files ``

So play any game can apply ``

Interested can read the following ``

Before card 2k12 play in the game can not be directly used global shortcut keys to control the music player

Have to ALT + TAB temporary retreat the Desktop because as ~ ~ ~ But now do not

Very simple ~ ~

You go directly to the first born of a music player itself control keys of the keyboard

(Multimedia keyboard ~ ~ This market should be very common (did not think before ............. @ @)

Is the most upper row of keys to the multimedia control keys

=============

I can be for example a ~ ~ ~ I'm not using this keyboard ~ ~

Then play the game ~ ~ even after the computer is turned on

On the first music player to open and narrow the window ~ ~

I use Foobar2000

(Preferably directly put the music you want to list out a good to to open the music player directly listed in the list you want to)

Posted Image

Windows Media Player can also be ~ ~

As long as the list of column music player of any player line ``

But every time you open the Windows Media Player itself on the music list if they would go to to a little trouble ~ ~ (maybe I do not know the method)

In short, I have that Foobar2000 program would not have to program opens automatically listed in the list of music I want ~ ~

================

Open broadcasting program and then start the game ~ ~

Go to the game inside the music menu off ~ ~ (or, like me, unhappy directly the jukeboxmusic.BIN files deleted)

After simple ~ ~ ~

Keyboard player press to switch control music like (the game put the music off)

All action in the game which can `` `do not need to switch to the desktop ``

Rocker players ~ ~ (In fact, the rocker operate than the keyboard operation more convenient)

More open JoyToKey in setting simulating keystrokes can suggest ~ ~

Then use the joystick to control the music playback switch ~ ~ do not have to press the keyboard than save ~ ~

But now that you have to set a key combination to (that is, assuming the rocker L1 + L2 = music playback or off)

(0xB2 ~ B0 is the next multimedia keys on my keyboard inside with Close `` (next song is also equal to the play button)

Because every single game joystick buttons are used to only set a single one button will conflict with the game's action

So set a key combination to control the music player the key conflict than not with the game ~ ~

This aspect of the network has a teaching ~ ~ understand can engage ~ ~ ~

Do not understand there are interested propose ~ ~ Detailed ~ ~

(The movie I did not do any modification ~ ~

Is purely in the game which you can control the music player switching)

========

http://youtu.be/Z_tfF02XsLA

• 1 year later...

This tool allows for total audio modding in NBA 2K11, 12, 13, and 14. I've tried playing around with the MLB 2K12 files and have not had any luck. It recognizes the jukeboxmusic.bin file, opens it and even replaces files. However, the audio does not play correctly. If anyone is around here is an audio guru I just thought I'd put this out there and maybe we can get somewhere with this.

http://www.nba-live.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=91782&start=150

• 1 month later...

Something that always bugged me about 2k over MVP was the sound of the ball being smacked. It sounded better in MVP. If someone could find a way to mod that it'd be fantastic.

That's interesting -- I've always thought that the MVP sound sounded a bit more like a metal bat. I think that the bat sound was much improved in 2K12 vs 2K11, though.

Other audio notes -- has anyone else noticed that there's not a signle food vender in the crowd, helling "Hot Dogs!" or whatever. Just an observation.

If I could have one thing reomoved, it would be the snarky sounding guy who says "seeya" on a deep fly ball.. When you hear that, you always know it's not going to be an HR :(

If I could have one thing reomoved, it would be the snarky sounding guy who says "seeya" on a deep fly ball.. When you hear that, you always know it's not going to be an HR :sad:

I do agree, it's REALLY annoying. I suppose it could be searched and then replaced with an empty audio bit and that should fix it :D I have tried looking for it but there's just too many audios to go through... For the vendors voices, I suggest they could be replacing some other voices from the crowd, like the kids yelling or something like that. Another thing that I find unrealistic is that sometimes the crowd goes silent after the home team hits a home run, but I think there's no fixing that.

Interesting, I've never really paid much attention to the background noise. I vaguely recall hearing "Hotdogs" but I don't recall the "seeya" guy at all.

As for the baseball sound, it doesn't sound realistic to me. There should be a crack, but it's more of a swash sound.

If I could have one thing reomoved, it would be the snarky sounding guy who says "seeya" on a deep fly ball.. When you hear that, you always know it's not going to be an HR :sad:

Well, Hollywood, I have good news. I did find the "See ya" file after some research. It's inside "eventresponse.bin", and it's ID 71. Also, I have stumbled upon the sound file of a vendor yelling "ice cream" but I never heard it in the game, so yeah, they did put some in the game after all...

Aces thank u for your pamusic in the other sound thread. I would love 2 do some sound modding myself. There are so many files to rummage through!

as I have audio editing experience (I know how to mix and edit tracks, since I DJ), I'd love to contribute ;)

Well, Hollywood, I have good news. I did find the "See ya" file after some research. It's inside "eventresponse.bin", and it's ID 71. Also, I have stumbled upon the sound file of a vendor yelling "ice cream" but I never heard it in the game, so yeah, they did put some in the game after all...

Haha, that's awesome! I've never heard the ice cream sound either.

I have a .txt file with the list of file IDs for the pamusic.bin file (just that bin file as of right now). I could upload it here if anyone's interested, that should help if anyone wants to do any sound editing such as changing the presentation audio files, like I did with the MLB on ESPN audios. It shows which files you need to be replacing, so it should make everything quicker ;) Just gimme 5 minutes to translate it (it's in Italian :p ) and if there's any interest in it, I'll upload it :)

Aces thank u for your pamusic in the other sound thread. I would love 2 do some sound modding myself. There are so many files to rummage through!

Glad to hear you like it! I have improved it even more to replace even more audios now (sometimes the game would still start with the stock 2K game intro music) and I am currently working on the music that blares from the speakers, like at-bat songs, or music that plays when there's a mound meeting... it should give the game a more realistic sound ;)

EDIT: KC, that would be totally awesome! I'm sure we'd knock this one out of the park :p As of right now, I'm doing all the sound modifications with Audacity, so I think that if you have something more professional to work with and the skills to do it with, that would be great indeed

Glad to hear you like it! I have improved it even more to replace even more audios now (sometimes the game would still start with the stock 2K game intro music) and I am currently working on the music that blares from the speakers, like at-bat songs, or music that plays when there's a mound meeting... it should give the game a more realistic sound ;)

EDIT: KC, that would be totally awesome! I'm sure we'd knock this one out of the park :p As of right now, I'm doing all the sound modifications with Audacity, so I think that if you have something more professional to work with and the skills to do it with, that would be great indeed

I use Ableton Live so I'm able to enhance/edit/alter sounds. Not problem. Send the audio my way if you want.

Thanks a lot for your willingness :good: What I'm really looking for is a good effect to apply to some songs so that they sound like they are being played through the speakers in a stadium. It would be a problem to send you all the files I'm working with, but I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me which way to go. Or maybe, if you are able to edit some music bits and you'd like to add them the file, please do let me know and I'll gladly put them in the file and upload it here once I'm done working on it. I am on my way to replace all of those songs with proper tunes that you'd hear at a ballgame. If my explanation wasn't too clear, just browse through the files from 1285 to 1327 in the "pamusic.bin" file and you'll know which audio files I'm talking about ;)

This is for everyone: If any of you has a good version of the introduction audio used by CSN Bay Area (the one in this video

) let me know or send it my way, because I'd like to make a sound mod which fits the CSN scoreboard. I may be a perfectionist, but I really like the tune and it would fit perfectly my new SF Giants franchise :p Too bad the song in the video lacks quality at the end (KC, think you can do something about it? Or is that too much to ask? :D ) or else, I'd have used that one.

I am also uploading the txt file explaining sound IDs of the pamusic.bin file. This will hopefully make it easier for everyone to understand which files you need to be replacing if you want to mod the introduction audios by yourselves! Hope it helps.

IDS.txt

Thanks a lot for your willingness :good: What I'm really looking for is a good effect to apply to some songs so that they sound like they are being played through the speakers in a stadium.

I would advise adding a big room or stadium/hall reverb to your file that you want to sound like that. You can do it on Audacity - if you need to know how let me know.