42: The Jackie Robinson Story

JoeRudi26

Man, Harrison Ford got old...

When you are born in 1942 these things tend to happen.

I am looking forward to this too although I have to wonder why a rap song had to be made for this movie since it does not fit the time period and since a lot of us pretty much know Robinson's story I'd like to see how accurate they are in this movie with it.

I get chills from watching the trailer.

I am looking forward to this too although I have to wonder why a rap song had to be made for this movie since it does not fit the time period and since a lot of us pretty much know Robinson's story I'd like to see how accurate they are in this movie with it.

I'm generally not a rap music fan and I thought the same thing, perhaps the trailer's creators were attempting to broaden the film's target demographic?

After a little digging, I found out the song was made in 2008, and featured in the 2009 film, Notorious.

Wow, to be honest, I didn't even notice the music when watching the trailer, I was so enamored with how well the cinematography was done, along with the casting itself.

Either that, or I just tune out automatically when rap is being played. :lazy:

LOL! I know what you mean JR...but Dylan is correct, in that, they will usually throw in modern/historically incorrect music for movie trailers and/or the ending credits of the film. They did this with Red Tails last year and Jet Li's Hero and Warlords films, as an example. That being said, if I am totally wrong and Jackie fires up some hip-hop on his iPod when he get's on the bus with the Kansas City Monarchs...then I'm outta that movie theater in a New York minute. :help:

Trailer's been out for a while now. Hulu and/or HDtrailers.net are your best bets for early trailers. Coincidentally watching Ken Burns baseball regarding the Jackie Robinson era when this came out. It'll be interesting to see how the two match-up.