Oakland A's 2013 Season: (In Progress)

Just curious, what team are you playing with? How's your season going?

The Yankees. It's gone pretty well, I got the best record and I beat the Rangers (who knocked out the Red Sox in the Wild Card game, so one more reason to be happy about the season so far) in the ALDS, and now I got stuck at the ALCS, against the Angels. We're currently tied 1-1 and now I'm struggling to find time to play the next game... However, I need to add that I'm still using last year's rosters, as there were no new rosters out when I started my season.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yankees. It's gone pretty well, I got the best record and I beat the Rangers (who knocked out the Red Sox in the Wild Card game, so one more reason to be happy about the season so far) in the ALDS, and now I got stuck at the ALCS, against the Angels. We're currently tied 1-1 and now I'm struggling to find time to play the next game... However, I need to add that I'm still using last year's rosters, as there were no new rosters out when I started my season.

Yikes, you got the Angels too? Good luck, they were definitely tough to beat in my season.

In case you are interested, I've been chugging away with my Mets season. Just finished up the 2nd week of May, and the NL East is a cluster. No to mention I have Jon Niese still out for about 4 weeks, and I just lost Matt Harvey (4-2, 2.45 ERA, 58K) for 2-3 months with an arm injury. Gonna have to trade for some arms.

Mets      23-13  --
Nationals 23-13  --
Braves    23-14  0.5
Phillies  22-16  2.0
Marlins   14-26  10.5

Yikes, you got the Angels too? Good luck, they were definitely tough to beat in my season.

I did indeed and you can see a couple pictures I posted in the "Post your game pictures" thread also. Luckily they do not have Hamilton in their lineup yet (again, old rosters) and he was a pain to deal with in the ALDS. At this point, I'm kinda glad I'm playing the 2012 season still :p Pujols is a base-hitting machine, unless I pitch out of the zone, then he chases most of the times. I have also noticed that Iannetta has something about homering twice in postseason games in the 2K game too lol

In case you are interested, I've been chugging away with my Mets season. Just finished up the 2nd week of May, and the NL East is a cluster. No to mention I have Jon Niese still out for about 4 weeks, and I just lost Matt Harvey (4-2, 2.45 ERA, 58K) for 2-3 months with an arm injury. Gonna have to trade for some arms.

Mets      23-13  --
Nationals 23-13  --
Braves    23-14  0.5
Phillies  22-16  2.0
Marlins   14-26  10.5

Good luck, that's one tough division!

Mets      23-13  --
Nationals 23-13  --
Braves    23-14  0.5
Phillies  22-16  2.0
Marlins   14-26  10.5

Keep us updated, Sean. I know it's early, but that division is geared for a good race anyway. Thought of posting it on the site?

Keep us updated, Sean. I know it's early, but that division is geared for a good race anyway. Thought of posting it on the site?

Eventually once I get some time. Probably start posting after May is finished and teams start making moves and such. I played a couple games after I made the post with the standings. Having both Niese and Harvey out is brutal. Not to mention that I now lost Francisco to an injury and Parnell keeps blowing saves. I signed Marcum and Maine from Free Agency, and have a couple trades looming. Been trying to get Feliz from the Rangers to take over the CP role, but that's been a struggle in itself as well.

Eventually once I get some time. Probably start posting after May is finished and teams start making moves and such. I played a couple games after I made the post with the standings. Having both Niese and Harvey out is brutal. Not to mention that I now lost Francisco to an injury and Parnell keeps blowing saves. I signed Marcum and Maine from Free Agency, and have a couple trades looming. Been trying to get Feliz from the Rangers to take over the CP role, but that's been a struggle in itself as well.

Sounds interesting, would love to follow this. I hear you on the injuries, when I lost Crisp for the season, my speed went out the window. He's basically all I had. Bourjos, Kendrick, and Aybar swiped me blind in the Angel's series. My weak spot was obviously no speed and no arm behind the plate. Amazing how those little things loom large in a series setting.