Oakland A's 2013 Season: (In Progress)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been lurking for a while and it's definitely been an exciting season so far :) Best of luck on game 5! :good: I always tried to postpone the postseason games for as long as I could...

Thanks, aces. Yeah, the last 3 months of the season were intense. Trading places with the Angels and Rangers for the top spot in the West, falling to 2nd or 3rd place at times, but trying to keep my head above water just to get IN to the playoffs has kept me going. 162 games manually played, so close to a playoff spot -- in the end I wasn't about to give up.

Way too long of a season, and way too close to quit. To win the Wild Card game in the 13th on a walk off home run really sparked the flames. And now, down 0-2 and then tie the series. Wow. If you know my history of dynasties, I'll never restart a game, but that's evident through the highlight reels -- I'm usually down first. If I can't hold my ground and prevail, then that's the way it has to be. There would be no point in playing if one were to restart the game when losing.

But yeah, lol, I put off the post season games as well, especially when one loss ends my season. It's tough, but in the end the games have to be played. Damn, it's been fun this year.

Yeah, I have seen, and sometimes I kinda wish my season could be that exciting, but then I think that I probably would give up because of the stress and quit :p I'm not too patient, plus I am not even too good at the game itself, as I am still kinda new to baseball (I discovered this whole universe 4 years ago) so I still have to get the hang of the strategies and so on... 162 games being played manually is the only way a season should be played :good:

Just to note, I realize there aren't many people following this, but for some reason, it calms me to put it on "paper", then sit back, and take my time with each pitch.

This Angel's lineup is loaded nearly top to bottom. Trout, Trumbo, Pulos, Hamilton, and Iannetta are a hard core to get out. Complimented with speed by Howie Kendrick and Peter Bourjos. Make a mistake to the first 5 mentioned, and they'll take you deep. Put the other guys on base, and they'll reak complete havoc on my pitching. If I went through the boxscores, there's no doubt the bulk of their runs have come off the long ball.

That said, I've been forced to take a different approach in the last two games, and it seems to be working for the most part. Normally, and all through the season, I'll wait out the pitcher until he throws a strike. I've always had the "Moneyball" philosophy -- draw walks, do anything it takes to get on base -- guys on base equals more runs equals more games won. In this series, it just flat out hasn't worked, the pitching is too good. I've thrown the "Moneyball - Taking Pitches" out the window and have had to become more aggressive at the plate. With the season on the line, I'm looking for any pitch to drive, no matter the count. I'll take a pitch here and there at the bottom of the batting order just to "sniff" the pitcher out a bit. In the first two games, I scored a total of 4 runs, in the last two, I've scored 9. Logic tells me my adjustments are working, at least better than they were.

Honestly, I feel more comfortable playing the Yankees than I do the Angels, probably because I've played the Angels all year and know what a tough out they are. I'll get this done tonight, win or lose. It's been one fantastic season.

Honestly, I feel more comfortable playing the Yankees than I do the Angels, probably because I've played the Angels all year and know what a tough out they are. I'll get this done tonight, win or lose. It's been one fantastic season.

Probably because you know that the Yanks won't disappoint you? :p To answer your question, I wish I had a Ps3 to play The Show on but i am a computer aficionado so I'm kinda stuck with 2K12, which is still pretty solid, but if i could afford a ps3 then i'd definitely go for The Show

oh yeah i bet you're pretty thrilled anyway :) probably now with the new generation consoles coming out, i will finally be able to afford a Ps3 haha. And i will indeed give you a shout ;) first i gotta finish my season on 2K12 though. Its been postponed for too long! :D

oh yeah i bet you're pretty thrilled anyway :) probably now with the new generation consoles coming out, i will finally be able to afford a Ps3 haha. And i will indeed give you a shout ;) first i gotta finish my season on 2K12 though. Its been postponed for too long! :D

Just curious, what team are you playing with? How's your season going?

Guys, I'm not quite finished playing baseball this year. Out of the 4 teams left (Yankees, Angels, Cardinals, Phillies), I'm think I'm going to play as one of these teams just so I can keep playing.

I'll probably play as the Phillies. I won't post game recaps, but if anyone is interested, I'll post the rest of the playoffs (wins, losses) until the season is done.