Length of threads

Gordo

Seems like the individual threads are too long.  Maybe limit it to 15 or so comments per page.  Sounds nitpicky I know.  But when guys continually quote 3 pictures in a row, just to say "nice", it lengthens the thread way too long.

Seems like the individual threads are too long.  Maybe limit it to 15 or so comments per page.  Sounds nitpicky I know.  But when guys continually quote 3 pictures in a row, just to say "nice", it lengthens the thread way too long.

I agree. The problem is when you quote and include the pictures in your quote. Just take them out.

The only problem with that is if you have a thread that a lot of people are commenting on.  For example, if you had a 15 comment limit, how many MVP15 support threads would we have had?  You'd then have to indicate somewhere in the title which thread it is so that if someone new comes on and sees an MVP15 support thread, they know that the one they are looking at is the 7th thread and there were 6 previous threads covering the same topic.

The only problem with that is if you have a thread that a lot of people are commenting on.  For example, if you had a 15 comment limit, how many MVP15 support threads would we have had?  You'd then have to indicate somewhere in the title which thread it is so that if someone new comes on and sees an MVP15 support thread, they know that the one they are looking at is the 7th thread and there were 6 previous threads covering the same topic.

Wait, are we talking comments per page or per thread in entirety?