Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
bctrackboi11

Modders Wanted- MVP NCAA Baseball

14 minutes ago, rroy0824 said:

Walk me through the process of what you did before the crash and maybe I can help you out.

Took one of the game's minor league stadium and replaced these files using EAGRAPH

crowd0.fsh----mm01

cram32.fsh---ads0 dug1 num1

Then I closed EAGRAPH and placed the stadium back in the STADIUM folder...

That's it...

Give me some time and I'll post a write up on how I do these stadiums later tonight.  It is a little different then that and it might help you and others out. 

So here is basically how I do this.  It may not be the best way and bctrackboi may even do things differently, but this works for me.  Attached are some tools that you need.  Take all of them except nfshtool.exe and put them in a folder with a copy of your stadium file.  Right click on unpack.bat, click edit, replace stadiumname.big with the stadium name file (example a001day.big), and press save.  Do the same with pack.bat. 

Now click on unpack and you should get a bunch of files.  Look for cram32.fsh and drag it into nfshtool.exe to open it.  This should give you a file with all the stadium textures, except things like sky, grass, and crowd.  Those are in other files and are done the same way.

Now find the texture you want to replace, edit it, save it, make multiple copies at different sizes by scaling the image in Photoshop, and, if needed, create a grayscale alpha the same way.  Note that the textures are 24 Bit .BMP files and the alphas are 8 Bit .BMP grayscale.  The best way to create the alpha is to use the old one and take out whatever you don't need by blacking it out.  Black will make the old textures transparent. 

Then drag the index file to nfshtool.exe, click on pack.bat and you are all set.  If you need to change something else, say the sky, then you need to added it to the pack file.  For example, if you were adding the cram32.fsh and the sky0.fsh the pack file would read: eazip +a stadiumname.big cram32.fsh sky0.fsh

This may be rushed, but I hope it is easy enough to follow.  Like I said, it may or may not be the best way to do it, but it works.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Tools.rar

19 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

Then drag the index file to nfshtool.exe

K I tried that and got this message:

NO alpha data file

Expecting 76 objects allocating 64990440 bytes of memory

Adding '0000-3.bmp'

Unsuccessful Termination

Press Enter to Exit.

Is that the image you edited?  If so make sure it is the same size as the orignial image.  Also make sure it is a 24 bit .bmp

If you want, pm me the file and I'll take a look for you.

Here's is how my attempt at Alex Box stadium looks..

24293625370_17d2c3c1a7_b.jpg

The crowd enjoying the game

24506872881_b49acf55af_b.jpg

Tiger Stadium in center field

23961000284_cbfe6541b2_b.jpg

The scoreboard in right.

Edited by mee

Not a bad start, but some parts look a little choppy.  If you want, send me the stadium and I can give you a little more constructive criticism.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Would be nice if we could actually see your work

oops. Fixed that up.

I just wanted to let you know I have an accurate and complete NCAA 07 roster on the PS2. I spent a long time a few years back going through each NCAA team that the game included and rearranging the rosters to be accurate. It has as accurate of heights as I could get since the game doesn't allow you to edit heights and weights. I also updated the skin tone on every player and their faces and features, including stance and delivery. I went through and used Dylan Bradberrys rating calculator to fine tune each players ratings. The formula I used was to give every batting attribute a MLB equivalent rating. Since college pitching is pretty terrible compared to pro talent, I gave pitchers who would go on to the pros a MLB attribute, players with a minor league cieling the AAA attribute, and all other pitchers a AA attribute. For what I could find on the pitchers real stuff, I put in the game. The other pitchers got a combination of pitches based on their ERA. Most of the bad teams pitchers have a FB/CB combo. Like I said, college pitching is pretty raw, so I tried to give the advantage to the hitter as in real life. Then based on their MLB draft postition or not, I rated their career potential. I did the same with their fielding rates as well. It was a year long endeavour at least. The only thing is that these were for the 07 season. I played a season of dynasty with this roster just this past year ( I finally got around to it) and I was happy with the results. Low scoring games were rare, you had to be able to hit, and you couldn't rely on overrated pitching like the game of past. I was ASU so I had a good hitting advantage, Mike Leake was the only reliable pitcher on their roster, and he got hurt for 2 months, so it was a good challenge. 

Anyway, I don't know anything about modding, I picked up MVP05 for the PC a while back and am looking forward to firing it up for this season. I just wanted to offer you my rosters and ask if there is a way you can use them in this NCAA mod. I think it looks really cool. If you need help on rosters, I can help. I've updated MVP 05, 06, 07, NCAA 06-10, and NCAA College Hoops 2k8 for PS2 in my time. Let me know if there's anything I can offer to your great cause.

I'm starting to feel deja vu all over again.

32 minutes ago, Gordo said:

I'm starting to feel deja vu all over again.

This has proven to be the most difficult mod to be made here on this website. Why? Because this mod was first worked on back in 2009 by a group of modders who are no longer here.

The guys that are working on it now are different though. Bctrackboi and rroy have mostly been working behind the scenes with this mod and just have been giving occasional updates. I have more faith in them then the original group who took this on.