BallFour's Uni Mods

BallFour

9 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

And why not? I played in Salva's Tokyo Dome many times and I have used Umachines uniform set when Mvp first came out and I used mods from a South Korean guy named KSM. He made datafiles and overlays. So why wouldn't I try out this? :angry:

Ok. Then, you would. Wonderful.
Most people wouldn't care about an independent league's uniforms. In any event, this is neither here nor there, because what I'm asking @BallFour for is help with tutorials.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been thinking about how to create a tutorial best. I was going to do a video one, but Livestream began to charge just to make videos. I might just do a text based one, but I've been really busy with work. I do 10 hour days 4 days a week and have 3 days to do all my other chores/dates/whatever. But I'll get to work when I'm able. It's just a matter of what I feel like doing at a particular moment. Last night, I was just really in the zone with stadium modding.

3 hours ago, BallFour said:

I've been thinking about how to create a tutorial best. I was going to do a video one, but Livestream began to charge just to make videos. I might just do a text based one, but I've been really busy with work. I do 10 hour days 4 days a week and have 3 days to do all my other chores/dates/whatever. But I'll get to work when I'm able. It's just a matter of what I feel like doing at a particular moment. Last night, I was just really in the zone with stadium modding.

Cool. Did you just basically keep playing with it until you got it? The artwork part of unis isn't difficult but I don't understand the process of getting it into the game or hat all the different files are.

22 hours ago, BallFour said:

All of that is in the models.big folder. For example, u001.fsh in models.big is the home uniform for the Oakland A's. If you unpack that and use Photoshop, you'll be able to change around any uniform you'd like!

Right, but for example, among my many many questions, one thing I don't understand... Is it better to REPLACE teams that exist with your desired teams and then go and use uni slots, player slots, face slots, etc etc, or make them completely new in the Editor? Without knowing that, I can't really start playing with uniforms.

It's easier for me to replace uniforms that already exist within the team. That's the easiest way and would only need to involve models.big rather than having to add new uni slots in uniforms.big.

For a beginner, I would suggest just taking uniforms that have already been made for a team and then playing with them in Photoshop.

18 hours ago, BallFour said:

It's easier for me to replace uniforms that already exist within the team. That's the easiest way and would only need to involve models.big rather than having to add new uni slots in uniforms.big.

For a beginner, I would suggest just taking uniforms that have already been made for a team and then playing with them in Photoshop.

Ok, that's what I figured. I need a division of 6 teams with DH to do what I want to do. So, I'll just pick one and start replacing teams. So, then I suppose, I just match everything so that if I use the White Sox for "Team A", then I use the White Sox for everything after that obviously... rosters, player portraits and cybers, stadium, etc etc.
Is it best if I study and play with uniforms from a mod so I see lots of different kinds or just the stock game? Or does it not matter?

Do I create cyberfaces now? Yes I do... ish. Here's some manager face mods that I just finished.

callaway498.jpg

green477.jpg

lovullo475.jpg

roberts353.jpg

servais497.jpg

snitker467.jpg

As I said in the manager face post, I'm not really happy with the way Torey Lovullo came out, but upon further inspection, it could be a dead ringer for Mike Morgan in a TC90s game. Also, the Scott Servais mod can be used in TC90s games, since he was a catcher around that time. Just be sure to renumber the cyberface to something unobtrusive.

21 hours ago, BallFour said:

My go-to is MVP 07. Kccitystar did a fantastic job with the major league unis there, and that's how I got the Nike/Adidas cleats and the Wilson catching gear.

I'm gonna start playing with the uniforms like you suggested. If I have any questions, maybe I can shoot them your way?

So I'm basically world-building for my 1998 Yankees dynasty that I'm planning. I've got a bunch of different ideas, and a few of those ideas involve some custom minor league teams and uniforms. I've got custom unis for the Buffalo Bisons (as if they were a Blue Jays affiliate in 98), the Columbus Clippers (if they were Cleveland's affiliate in 98), the Syracuse Chiefs (Yankees), and *maybe* transferring the Binghamton Mets over to the Yankees if I can find someone to mod the team audio.

• 1 month later...

So, any requests for minor league alternate jerseys? Now that I'm not tackling a massive project to update MiLB teams, I've got some time on my hands this offseason to get some alternate uniforms done. So if you really want to see one, shoot me a request here.

• 4 months later...

Hey BallFour, hoping this is an okay place to ask this, and I know this is a bit of a necro, but maybe it'll help someone else if they have a similar issue.

I installed your 2018 uniforms pack, and it was great. Everything worked fine, played several games. But recently, I started getting crashes on the uniform select screen. It only happened for certain teams, which didn't seem to make sense. I know SF and SD were two of those teams. The uniform selection would show as black for a second, and then the game would crash. I ended up importing in just the default frontend uniform images, and that works fine - and the uniforms still work fine in-game, which is what really matters. But I'm wondering.. can you imagine any reason or way that this could happen? I have a sneaking suspicion that another mod may have possibly screwed it up, but I can't imagine how that would be; the crash only seemed to happen with the front-end uniform thumbnails.

Of note -  before I fixed it in the way I mentioned above, I tried re-installing the pack for the Giants (i.e. just installing it again with TiT), and entering a game with them, seeing if that fixed it. It did not.

Maybe you've heard of this before etc? I can't figure it out, but am clueless as to the inner workings of the game.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hey all! Just wanted to let you know that I'm working on an update for my Total Uniforms mod, as you can see being slowly rolled out now. I'm going to go through and compile everything, and then include the uniforms.big file, which should alleviate all the issues that we're having with crashing or uniforms not appearing in the uni select screen. 

i had to look a little for it when i was looking. im not surprised it was missed

at least you have it now kc

this is the eintre set i know of. including the change in tone of color. the only thing missing is what tone sand are they using.

EJBiSrkU0AUF4Ro.png large.png

EJBht_uUwAA8HLX.png

PADRES-SD-OLD-VS-NEW-2020-768x579.jpg

PADRES-UPDATED-JERSEY-LOGOS-NEW-2020-768x874.jpg

Archived