want to buy mlb 2k12

roadranger

since i can't open mvp2005 with windows 10 even though i followed a bunch of instructions on this forum plus having microsoft try it, i thought i'd try mlb2k12.  i have the cd version of mlb 2k11 and a reloaded version of mlb 2k12, but i can't remember how to enter the serial number for the reload.  i'd like to get the game to work whether i get the code for the reloaded 2k12 version or whether i can buy a cd version of 2k12.  i've checked online and can't find the game anywhere.  i saw it on amazon for $79, but i'm not going to pay $79 for a $29 game.  any help would be appreciated.  i do like mvp baseball 2005 better, but when i click on it, nothing happens.  i've tried uninstalling and re-installing several times and in different directories, but that didn't work either. when i click on "settings" and "applications", it says unavailable under the mvp baseball 2005 heading.

The MVP 2005/Windows 10 marriage is not a good one.  The best fix for that is partition your drive and install W7 or XP on the partition and run it (and probably older games) from there.

MLB 2K12 is currently a $79 (or whatever you can find it for) game because of the mods.  Just like MVP is a $60 - 90 games because of the mods.  It's what the market demands, not what it was originally sold for.

1 hour ago, picklebrad said:

Reloaded and Skidrow both pirate and release cracked games. This thread should be closed.

Consider it done. And roadranger you have been here long enough to know there is no talk about pirated versions of any game out in the forums.

The reason why you are being asked to pay $79 for a $29 game as you put it is because of the mods available for it. Also the game is not available for purchase from 2k any longer so that made it a seller's market.

Hey @roadranger, so while we're on the thought process of "game is not worth X for me to pay":

As a community, 10/10 times we'll strongly suggest that y
ou try and find yourself a deal getting the disc copy if you have the money to do so. If you obtain the game through alternative means, be it a torrent or through a piracy group like Reloaded or Skidrow, I'll let you know now that we won't touch your support questions with a ten foot pole if your issues stem from a cracked copy.

I say this because I'm well aware that a lot of people visit this site for mods even though they don't have a genuine copy of 2K12 or any of the MLB2K games in the same way they don't have a genuine copy of MVP 2005. This won't be a community that shuts people out for doing so, but you're on your own when it comes to support if your game starts behaving strangely.

To my knowledge, the big game-breaker with a cracked copy of MLB 2K12 is a date glitch that has been resolved with a patch. 2K has patched this up on the Steam copy, but there is also a separate download here on our site for the disc-based copy.

This thread has been locked, but feel free to message me, Y4L or any of the MVP Mods Team staff if you have any questions. We're here to help.

Archived