Replace BA Top 100 Prospects logo w/ Hall of Fame logo

GHughett

I am working on an all-time roster database in my spare time for MVP baseball using the 10th Anniversary conversion mod(I LOVE IT BTW). I am getting pretty good with MVPedit but I can't seem to figure out how to use EAGRAPHs or other tools to edit the graphics in the game. Would anyone be willing to make me a PATCH with just a few changes to the mod?

1. Make Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim just say "Los Angeles Angels."

2. The Miami Marlins default home and away uniforms are the lovely Florida Marlins uniforms. I would love to still use the Florida Marlins uniforms but is there any way to switch the DEFAULT HOME & AWAY to the more current Miami Black and Orange Uniforms? 

3. Instead of having 2 Future Rosters as the Unlockables. I would love to make one team the "Homestead Grays" and the other team the "Caracas Lions." One roster will be 25 of the greatest Negro League players(Josh Gibson) and the other roster will be 25 of the greatest International players(Saduhuru Oh) that played little or no seasons in the MLB.

I know this is a lot to ask but I am hoping a modder out there is willing to help. As a token of gratitude, I will even donate some money to your paypal account after helping me. You can email me at xxxxxxxx. If willing to help, can even provide you with my phone number so we can communicate through text.

P.S. I am obsessed with this game and I will post for download if I even get finished working on it. The goal is to have stacked rosters for the history buffs all the way back to single-A with Free Agents included and also make the game fun for Franchise mode(adjust age). Thanks!

Edit 5-29-18 Removed users provided e-mail address that he posted right here in this post. Please read the rules before you continue on any further. They are in part right here:

Respect the privacy of other Forum members. As we are living in the age of social media, this means that you should refrain from posting any details that a fellow member has not publicly made available such as real names, email addresses, instant messenger details, phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers and other personal information.

Y4L

Hi G..... trying to get a sense of what you're doing here.  Are you talking about "all-time" in terms of the greatest teams for certain years?  If so, that's already been done.  If you look in the total classics area of the downloads, there's a Phase 10 and also a greatest of the 70/80s and 80s/90s.   So not sure if what you're doing is redundant.

It doesn't matter Gordo. I am doing it for my own interest in the game. This post is about patching up a a conversion mod that I am using for the rosters I am working on. Let me know if you are interest in helping me out. If not, that's fine too.

P.S. The all-time roster I found does not go 100 players deep in each franchise. I also want to be able to play it in Franchise mode. 

I don't really know much about the graphics end, mainly because the fshtool and EAgraph are so frustrating for me to use.  Rosters is basically my thing and I do so much upkeep now during the year that I'd probably burn out doing more.  GL w/ your project.  Looking forward to it.

I think I acknowledged that. Sorry if I sound demanding. I am asking for help with my own little project. They seem like minimal requests compared to the mounds of hours many have put in on this site. So many great mods! I am willing to donate to paypal to get the help. I log in to see that someone commented and maybe someone wants to help out but instead it is someone being rude. I am not sure why I get the hateful comment from you. I just want the help. If you or anyone else could connect me with someone that can do it, I would be grateful to them. Thank you!

20 hours ago, GHughett said:

2. The Miami Marlins default home and away uniforms are the lovely Florida Marlins uniforms. I would love to still use the Florida Marlins uniforms but is there any way to switch the DEFAULT HOME & AWAY to the more current Miami Black and Orange Uniforms? 

That's going to be a negative on that one. I had to arrange them in the order that they are in order to have the uniforms show up correctly in the game. If the new uniforms were placed in the default spot, the Miami jerseys would have numbers on the front of the jersey, which would be inaccurate.

22 hours ago, GHughett said:

1. Make Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim just say "Los Angeles Angels."

Are you just referring to the text in the game?  If so, then you need to download a utility called LocLook:  

In the MVP Baseball 2005\data folder, you will find two files -- FEENG.LOC and IGENG.LOC.  Open each file (one at a time) with LocLook and search for "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim".  When it displays the string, change it to just "Los Angeles Angels".  Keep searching to make sure all instances of the string are changed, since there could be more than one instance.  Save the updated .LOC and when you start the game, the text should now appear the way you want..

If anyone is good at creating a patch to make the two Unlockable teams the Montreal Expos and Homestead Grays, it would be much appreciated. I am just asking for logos, home and away uniforms. If you could make the ballpark Olympic stadium that would be great too! If both teams can have a stadium, can you put the Homestead Grays in the Polo Grounds? The two teams will be International MVP Heroes on Montreal and Negro League MVP Legends on Homestead Grays. I am still willing to donate to paypal if someone can pull this off. I am using the MVP15 Conversion Mod.

Regarding the Homestead Grays; In my Negro League Mod, my teams are comprised of the best players for that franchise's history and the Homestead Grays are included in the mod.  I exported the team which you can import and edit with the MVP Edit program.  What you could do is then replace any team you want with the All-Time Homestead Grays.

Also, if it helps, I have included a ZIP file with the Grays portraits and the Josh Gibson cyberface.  About half the team is using a generic portrait and all players except for Josh are using a variation of the stock MVP Baseball faces.

-DENNIS

ij2U0cU.png

Homestead Grays Portraits and Cyberface.zip

Homestead Grays TEAM (MVP Edit).zip

As long as a thread is open .... no permission needed.

Btw, I could never get EAGraph to import a damn thing.  With these logos, they do need an alpha file I do believe (to create transparency).

Archived