Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Gordo

2019 BaseUp! Rosters (Start of Season) Tweaks

Starting this thread to provide information on any tweaks until the next roster release.  It is scheduled for the AS break, but you know me .... I'll probably do one mean time between time.

The first tweak is to Chris Davis.  I also posted this in the comments section for the rosters itself:

In light of Chris Davis' awful start and terrible season, re-calculated his batting attributes (not even counting the 2019 start) and here's what you could/should change it to:

vs. R ~~ Contact:  51;  Power  62

vs. L ~~ Contact:  47;  Power  59

Capture.PNG.b30f4e89edadd1072dcc03270f3f6ab5.PNG

How to do this without MVPedit:

Go to your main MVP folder, open data > database.

Open 'lhattrib.dat' (in something like WordPad or NotePad); search for 'Davis' (probably will be the second one you find); change the 2nd slot (labeled '2') to 47 and change the 3rd slot to 59.  Make sure you save the file.

Open 'rhattrib.dat' and do the same thing for vs. R.

**Note:  this will not affect your current season/franchise, only the base/default rosters.

(If you look across the top of these dat files, it shows what slot affects what attributes.)

For those who are really lost when doing something like this, I attached the files here.  Remember to back up, back up, back up before you change up files for this game.

lhattrib.dat

rhbstats.dat

Next tweak needed is Jose Berrios.  His delivery seems closest to Curt Shilling.

If you  can't do this in MVPedit, go to the 19 .dat files in the 'database' subfolder and open 'pitcher.dat'.  Change the 28th slot to number '32'.  If you're presently in a season, you'll have to edit within the season if you have team changer or if you're presently playing as Minnesota.

As always, PM any suggestions you think are needed for cosmetic and attribute changes.

Vince Velasquez can be switched to the 1st pitch type, the 3/4's SP pitch.  He seemed to switch to an overhead wind-up delivery this year.

I appreciate you mentioning these little tweaks, Gordo.  I'm working to get my rosters close to yours.  Keep up the good work, brother!

Good job man.... you ready to take over next year?! :)

Creaghorn had also PM'd me some tweaks needed:

• Austin Romine wears old school catcher gear while Sanchez wears the hockey mask. Ingame it's inverted.
  • Gleyber Torres hitting style is similar to Renteria
  • Luke Voit has an open batting stance.
  • Aaron Judge batting stance of Green.
  • Andujar the weird stance, a bit like Kaz Matsui.

I'm also thinking Eloy Jimenez with a Jeter, one-hand release stance.

3 hours ago, Gordo said:

Good job man.... you ready to take over next year?! :)

Creaghorn had also PM'd me some tweaks needed:

• Austin Romine wears old school catcher gear while Sanchez wears the hockey mask. Ingame it's inverted.
  • Gleyber Torres hitting style is similar to Renteria
  • Luke Voit has an open batting stance.
  • Aaron Judge batting stance of Green.
  • Andujar the weird stance, a bit like Kaz Matsui.

I'm also thinking Eloy Jimenez with a Jeter, one-hand release stance.

You better believe it, brother!  I'll continue to update these as long as I live.  No telling what changes we're eventually going to get into though such as the 26 man roster coming next year.

I'll change those players' tweaks now.  The Chisox are may favorite team that I keep up with (I know, I know..), and I immediately put Eloy with a Bernie Williams stance.  I don't get a chance to watch a whole lot of baseball, though, so I could be wrong on that one.