I will only say this once.

llcmac

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so then you went out and banned snash? he tells me he didnt do it, that it probably was basballfanatik. so maybe you went a wee bit harsh on him.

edit: snash wants a chance to prove his innocents, he was banned within 10 mins of this all happening. i really think he should get a chance too, and if he is guilty well, he should be banned forever.

You've made your point. He's in full status again. I am sure if he feels this strong about this then it will be fine.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I would contribute to the site, but I had to boycott PayPal because some dude stole almost $3,000 from my checking account through PayPal,

Ouch. That alone would make me never do any ordering over the internet forever.

This from a site Admin? Man, I wish I could get away with candor this bold at work! :oops: .......Trues???

Exactly what do you want me to do? Allow this guy to do this? Yeah it was harsh, but this got out of hand. All of our modders here do us a service. It is our jobs as mods and admins to protect their work from being taken.

Not that I need to justify myself, but I would contribute to the site, but I had to boycott PayPal because some dude stole almost $3,000 from my checking account through PayPal

I've been through that too... a $1800 transaction went wrong because the guy I was dealing with disappeared after we closed the deal (and btw, this was a guy with a perfect rating of 100% @ eBay with more than 500 reviews and a perfect record @ PayPal)... and the a-holes from Paypal managed to only 'refund' me some $95 and some change... heh, so much for 'protecting you as a customer'.

I wouldn't consider myself clueless.

As having produced two complete sets of Classic Rosters, including Minors, was an extremely timesaking task. Let's just say it took several months of many many hours per week. Unlike updating/enhancing the default roster that EA provides, building Classic Rosters requires a complete redo for each and every single player and every single attribute of each.

Careful about that comparison, since I went over every attribute for everyone in TotalMinors. Classic Rosters are overwriting existing fake players from the default set, changing all their attributes, just like doing minor leaguers.

GH

They never gave us credit.

Then you have every right to be mad. And I know what your problem because recently, we found a chinese NBA Live site that basically just rereleased our patches and claiming them as their own. When anyone questioned the source of the patch, that questioner was immediately banned. What was worse is that members had to pay for patches. That of course helped us out, because we got their site shut down.

I've been through that too... a $1800 transaction went wrong because the guy I was dealing with disappeared after we closed the deal (and btw, this was a guy with a perfect rating of 100% @ eBay with more than 500 reviews and a perfect record @ PayPal)... and the a-holes from Paypal managed to only 'refund' me some $95 and some change... heh, so much for 'protecting you as a customer'.

Mine was just waking up one day to download my checking account into Microsoft Money, only to notice that I was almost out of money in my checking....I hadn't used PayPal for months at that point...The guy from PayPal said I was very lucky that I manage my account on Microsoft Money everyday, so I caught it...Two weeks later I finally got my money back, because they did recognize it as fraud...Never figured out how this guy hacked me though, people have suggested Spyware, he actually also hacked into my Yahoo Mail account too which was freaky because he put PayPal on my blocked e-mail list, so I wouldn't ever see the receipt of the transaction...I admit that I was an idiot and had the same password for PayPay that I did for Yahoo, but after I got my money back, I just closed PayPal for good.

All of our modders here do us a service. It is our jobs as mods and admins to protect their work from being taken.

I'm grateful for all the work the roster makers do, but hopefully they are doing it primarily for themselves. if I happen to benefit, it's because they have decided to share.

now...I could be wrong, but I can't remember a single roster maker EVER crediting EA for the initial set that most modded rosters begin from.

I think they credit EA when they plop down the $30 for the game.

Those who steal rosters without credit (or permission) is the equivalent to sampling bits of someone's song and using it in your own. Even if the sample is a small part of the song, it never the less is a part of the song. Yeah, I'm comparing apples to the apple at Shea, but my drift is the same.

I appreciate the work they do. I tried to do my own from scratch, and its a pain. I used H&L's rosters to start my dynasty with, which I'm now in June.

llmac,

If the makers of the game can get over someone illegally modding their game they created... I'm sure you can also get over someone modding something that isn't even yours to mod, or to even claim ownership to.

Did you get permission from EA to mod the game? Doubt you did...

Lighten up fellas... this is for fun, remember? :D

P.S. I did not read all 5+ pages of this topic, and don't plan to. So, if I somehow plagiarized someone's response, I apologize.

I'm grateful for all the work the roster makers do, but hopefully they are doing it primarily for themselves. if I happen to benefit, it's because they have decided to share.

now...I could be wrong, but I can't remember a single roster maker EVER crediting EA for the initial set that most modded rosters begin from.

Pay me $30 a download and you don't have to credit me for my work either. Deal?

GH

GForce22,

I would solidly agree with you that the work you put into TotalMinors has to be at minimal equal to and more likely surpass the time and effort to create a Classic Roster Set. I would also think that you spent more than just a few weeks on completing such a task as well. My comparison was not meant in reference to that scale of effort.

Take Care,

Don

llmac,

If the makers of the game can get over someone illegally modding their game they created... I'm sure you can also get over someone modding something that isn't even yours to mod, or to even claim ownership to.

Did you get permission from EA to mod the game? Doubt you did...

Lighten up fellas... this is for fun, remember? :D

P.S. I did not read all 5+ pages of this topic, and don't plan to. So, if I somehow plagiarized someone's response, I apologize.

Um they get over it because they make millions of dollars from the game. You are right, it's not mine to mod, all the work i have put into this has been for nothing, putting so many hours into it, I should be completely fine with someone else taking credit for my WORK. If you have such a problem, please do not use my rosters. I would rather people use them who are grateful that someone would be willing to make a roster a accurate as possible. I really am starting to miss the point of why modders exist if people don't appreciate the work they do to make the experience of the game, that much better.

Theft if theft and it does not matter how big or how small it is. It's petty and cheap and should be frowned upon and dealt with, and the result of the punishment should hopefully deter others from doing it.

Theft if theft and it does not matter how big or how small it is. It's petty and cheap and should be frowned upon and dealt with, and the result of the punishment should hopefully deter others from doing it.

Well put...mvpmods.com is a community, and although there obviously aren't any legal ramifications that can be sought, within this site, there are rules, and ethics that should be followed. I don't think that I am alone when I say that within the friendly confines of this great site, we should all respect what modders do....

I think that llmac's post has been extremely blown out of context...He never meant that we can't use the rosters (if so, why would he upload them)...I believe he (sorry if speaking for you is wrong llmac) is just concerned about people claiming his work to be their own....

Another thing, of coarse this site would be nothing without EA, but to say that EA has zero knowledge that this site exists is silly...EA is a multi-billion dollar corporation, and if they truly wanted to, they would shut this site down in a heartbeat...So, to say that we are simply taken something that isn't ours to begin with, altering it, claiming it as "our property" is wrong in itself does have truth to it, but again, within this "community" we should respect the modders in their requests to want to trademark their work....

Basically if you don't like it, and don't want to be a member of this community, just bail....No sweat of my sack

llcmac and HypnoxXx's..

Thank you for doing these rosters! Without your hardwork, my game would really suck. :cry:

To whomever is out there taking credit for the excellent work done by llcmac and HypnoxXx, I just want you to know that you are a TOTAL LOSER! :evil:

Thanks, again, guys - and PLEASE, keep up the good work. :D

I can't believe what I am hearing! *#)(*#EA! I bought the game with my hard eaned cash and it even isn't finished! :evil:

If they had made the Roster - or for that matter, the graphics, etc. etc., right in the first place, llcmac, HypnoxXx's, and others would not have to RE-MOD this crap.

Secondly, there are rules to this site, and if you are not going to be appreciative and respectful of others hard work (without pay might I add), then go somewhere else!

better yet, make your own damn roster, and see how long it takes you.

As for the guys who are saying that llcmac and HypnoxXx's should NOT BE PISSED, it's obvious that you have never spent hours creating something worth while. I mean, look at the downloads for their rosters...

They are simply the best out there! So, if you don't appreciate them - well, we do, so keep your myopic, stupid opinons to yourself. :x

This the best site in the world when it comes to MVP BASEBALL, so have some respect and show some appreciation!

Pay me $30 a download and you don't have to credit me for my work either. Deal?

hah. so predictable.

however, as expected, the point of my earlier post was missed. the roster makers are PO'd about someone making a derivative work but not giving credit. the roster makers themselves are making derivative works.

I'll let you connect the dots.

the only thing that I have to say is that this is Trues' site. His rule is that you must ask permission before using someone else's work. There used to be a sticky around here somewhere.

Exactly... is this so difficult to understand?

Archived