Stop Playing This Game!!!!

UncleRay

There are lots of reasons to play 2004 over 2005. For one, not having a good enough computer. My laptop can't run 2005 cause of the video card(and I can't put a new one in it). It runs 2004 fine.

Also, 2005 doesn't have the TotalMinors rosters. I refuse to play 2005 without those rosters. Every other roster I've downloaded for 2004 sucks and is only like 10% as accurate as TM. GForce knows what he's doing. He put the time into the 2004 rosters and accurately did every minor leaguer. From what I've read, he's not doing rosters this year, though he may be making a program that you can make rosters similar to his.

Plus, there isn't much better about 2005 compared to 2004. The hitters eye is okay, but even on MVP in 2004 I hit well enough, I don't need more of an advantage. The best thing about 2005 that I've noticed is the drag bunting. The ingame editor is also improved. And having single A is kind of nice. Its not enough good to make me want to buy the game. 2004 has just about everything I want in a baseball game. The main thing I'd like is improved ball physics(similar to ESPN MLB 2k5's ball physics), and MVP2005 doesn't really fix that. Theres probably other minor reasons to play 2004 over 2005, but I don't feel like getting into them.

Though all the reasons presented by you guys are valid, I just don't get it... :|.

It is March 25th, 2005... for crying outloud! of course 2004 will have a boatload of extra crap available that 2005 doesn't... but come on, bring a little support to this side of the baseball world... things are starting to look better and better for 2005. The thing that GForce is not making a TotalMinors roster set for 2005 is no biggie. Not that I'm not grateful for his incredible job, but we have quite a few guys busting their assess to bring us all the goodies of such a roster set too... and similarly, a whole other bunch of modders are doing the same thing for other areas of the game too as we write these messages.

I know that everybody is free to do whatever they want... all I am saying is that 2005 is superior to 2004, even with the former having the lesser number of mods available right now.

By the way, I don't want to start a flame war or a skirmish with this post, so please, let's keep things civil.

Also, 2005 doesn't have the TotalMinors rosters. I refuse to play 2005 without those rosters. Every other roster I've downloaded for 2004 sucks and is only like 10% as accurate as TM. GForce knows what he's doing. He put the time into the 2004 rosters and accurately did every minor leaguer. From what I've read, he's not doing rosters this year, though he may be making a program that you can make rosters similar to his.

I agree w/ H. people are currently modding the hell of 2005. Although GForce is not doing TotalMinors, there is a couple of people (myself, Hory/DMZ, jackcasper, llcmac's group, etc) that are doing this currently.

When I release mine, I'll have all minor leagues, etc. as accurate as MLB.com, ESPN has them (It's just a long process that takes a little time)

Just give it time, damn the season hasn't started yet (which is why alot of these rosters are messed up 'cause no one knows who went where in the minors)

I thought seriously about sticking with 2004 for quite awhile. Then I realized that 2005 allowed you to play in any stadium during Dynasty mode and plus I am able to control the opponents complete starting lineup and starting pitcher in Dynasty mode with 2005 as well. I don't remember being able to do that in 2004 and that was one reason I avoided Dynasty mode with 2004.

Aside from several additional really nice animations in 2005 those are the two reasons I have fully committed to 2005 and in the process of converting my two Classic Roster Sets over to 2005.

I also feel that since it is highly likely there will be no 2006, none from what I read anyway, then 2005 will be played by a large number of folks for a couple to 3 years from now which will greatly enhance it's value.

I didn't mean to have it come across that I didn't like that there wasn't an accurate roster out yet, I know it takes awhile. TotalMinors wasn't released until May or June last year I think. My main point was, no offense to the people who put the time into rosters, that the only one for 2004 that was good was TM(and TMPlus that Jpup released which just updated what teams players were on). No other one came close. The ones that had the major leaguers rated close to what I feel is accurate didn't have minors, and the ones who did have minors didn't rate them accurately(many of them just put the names in, not alongside the right pitches, appearance, and all that). So even if I had the ability to get MVP2005, not having that roster update would be a reason for me not to get 2005. So that was my response to the thread starter.

Right now, I still use MVP2004 to play with Fuzz' Total Classics rosters that were released last Fall (I created some of the teams). For example, I can't play '78 Yankees vs. '78 Red Sox in MVP2005 yet. As soon as Fuzz releases Total Classics for MVP2005 (hopefully soon!) I'll use them.

TotalMinors was a roster set by GForce. I believe he started the set with either the OOTP or HH series, then transfered it to MVP last year. He has a lot of formulas set up for find the contact, power, and other ratings for each player. It was by far the most detailed and accurate set that I've seen. It produced very realistic statistical results and was very fun to play.

Oh yeah, the Total Classics set was very cool too. Plus some of the other old time roster sets that were released, mainly by Deadballfan(I think thats his username). Being able to start a dynasty with the 1905 NY Giants or even the 1935 Pittsburgh Crawfords(Negro League) is so much fun. Good to see a lot of that is coming to 2005 as well.

Archived