Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you'll be able to fix two things with the '69 Cubs, one is that Ernie Banks shows up as a white guy, and the other is that Todd Hundley's picture and audio shows up instead of Randy Hundley.

can one of you roster guys confirm this and e-mail me.

The Banks skin tone is an easy fix, but the problem with the audio and portrait goes back to the design decison to include broadcast names in the game at the risk of having an incorrect portrait. is that now going to be changed/fixed for the second release?

C

yeah, i guess portraits is the way to go -- going to need help adjusting some of these though.

I should mention that the logos, and uniforms are done for phase 2. Now im just waiting and adjusting rosters and trying to make sure the mini game batting doesn't collapse.

It looks like the rosters ported over from TC2004 still have the same portrait numbers assigned to them (at least that's the way it is with the '98 Yankees, '85 Yankees and '78 Dodgers that I did last year), so you could just use those same numbers. It would be the new teams added in TC2005 that you'd have to modify (unless there were some changes made to the ported rosters as well).

Will the second installment include the first one? In other words, it won't do us much good it the second installment over writes and wipes out the first one. Also I agree that the portraits are a higher priority than the audio.

Will the second installment include the first one? In other words, it won't do us much good it the second installment over writes and wipes out the first one. Also I agree that the portraits are a higher priority than the audio.

um, yeah ur right -- that wouldnt make much sense

lol, phase 2 is an add-on to phase 1. Nothing is getting overwritten.

ADDING MORREE!!!

ADDDDINGGG MOREEE@!!!!

by the time we're done, there should be 120 old time teams, uniforms and logos and hopefully portraits.

and let's not forget TC: Negro Leagues

Hey man, real nice work by your boys, lovin the classics for sure. I saw on one of the other posts that the list for phase 2 is set and may be out by the weekend, which is very cool. Wondering if there is any chance at all of seeing either or the 89 A's / 91 Braves in maybe phase 3. I saw a list of 100 teams somewhere on here that are goin in, so that leaves 20 others that i havent seen. If its posted somewhere i am sorry for asking. Thanks again though for all the work and any reply/consideration you give.

Go Braves

Fuzz, question about phase 2 install.

what i've done after installing is make two different locations/folders for "MVP 2005" and "MVP Classic". I copied all my MVP original files and made a second exe that is in the "Classic" folder so I could click either shortcut from my desktop to play any version at any time without having to swap in and out the models and logos and uniforms. they are completely independent now.

will Phase 2 install correctly with the way I set my folders up? Will we be able to install it to any folder?

I want to keep two different version so that I can update uniforms to each uniform.big file without having to swap them all the time.

so far it works great, I love the ability to update each set of unis and play any version anytime. :D

Fuzz, question about phase 2 install.

what i've done after installing is make two different locations/folders for "MVP 2005" and "MVP Classic". I copied all my MVP original files and made a second exe that is in the "Classic" folder so I could click either shortcut from my desktop to play any version at any time without having to swap in and out the models and logos and uniforms. they are completely independent now.

will Phase 2 install correctly with the way I set my folders up? Will we be able to install it to any folder?

I want to keep two different version so that I can update uniforms to each uniform.big file without having to swap them all the time.

so far it works great, I love the ability to update each set of unis and play any version anytime. :D

the installer worked for u in Phase 1 correct?

Hey man, real nice work by your boys, lovin the classics for sure. I saw on one of the other posts that the list for phase 2 is set and may be out by the weekend, which is very cool. Wondering if there is any chance at all of seeing either or the 89 A's / 91 Braves in maybe phase 3. I saw a list of 100 teams somewhere on here that are goin in, so that leaves 20 others that i havent seen. If its posted somewhere i am sorry for asking. Thanks again though for all the work and any reply/consideration you give.

Go Braves

I'm right there with you and the 1989 A's.

At first, i wasnt really all that sure why people wanted to play batting mini game with classic players.

but after going a couple of rounds with strawberry, rose, aaron, and mays -- i can sort of see why.

got the bug fixed.

the installer worked for u in Phase 1 correct?

Yeah, but I have everything in completely different folders now. not the same as they were when I installed TC phase 1.

as long as the installer is not dependent on any one folder and I can install it where I want, it should be fine.

LOL, hell, I wish I had the time to make some myself. I'm good at photoshop, but all the editors and "extractors" and such you need to put a face into the game is confusing as hell to me. :x

If someone could take my photoshop work (faces, jerseys and such) and do the "importing" for me I might start to do a few.

I wish MVP was as easy as Tiger Woods Golf. I made faces and shirts and pants and bracelts and all kinds of "mods" for that game. But, you didn't have to modify any existing file. Just make a fsh and plop into a folder. Now THAT I can understand. lol

Whe phase 2 is done does it overide phase 1 or just add to it? The corrections to 62 angels and 65 Indians unis as well as the other issues will override the existing game? Did you get the money I sent to you Fuzz-it was from Qphase

Archived