Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

Alex Tony, quick question if you don't mind. Whenever Phase 3 is done is not a problem for me, you guys take your time. :) But I want to know if I need to have Phase 1 and 2 installed already? I had trouble with them because some of the faces on the players were bad (ears behind the head, etc). Can I just download Phase 3 and would it be ok like that?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

capa,

Please don't rail on me but.....

If realigning the major/minor leagues can

be done so easily, then why aren't they

being realigned for tc3?

Is it due to pic assignments?

Is it due to audio assignments?

Is it due to a lack of concensus on how

to align the leagues?

If the last item is true I would be glad to

give input.

Not trying to create trouble here just curious.

Alex Tony, quick question if you don't mind. Whenever Phase 3 is done is not a problem for me, you guys take your time. :) But I want to know if I need to have Phase 1 and 2 installed already? I had trouble with them because some of the faces on the players were bad (ears behind the head, etc). Can I just download Phase 3 and would it be ok like that?

each phase is independent of each other.

u do not need previous phases.

capa,

being realigned for tc3?

what do u mean by realigning? havent read the last couple of pages so im not sure what u mean.

Fuzzone (or anyone familiar with this question) I read somewhere that someone had a way to have your total classics installed AND still have the minor league teams too. How can I do this? Because if I can do this, I'll try to put on Phase 2 all over again.

Yankee4Life,

Total Classics can be installed in a totally separate Directory within Program Files/EA Sports other than the default directory of MVP Baseball 2005. They would then only have to share the files that are contained in the My Documents MVP Baseball 2005 directory which are the Dynasty saves, Roster saves, Options etc ......

Here's what I wrote in another thread on this question:

I have both the standard MVP Baseball 2005 and Total Classics installed on the C drive. They do share the MVP Baseball Directory in My Documents however but that really hasn't posed any problems what so ever thus far - that I have noticed anyway.

I had MVP Baseball 2005 installed as normal in Program Files/EASports under directory MVP Baseball 2005. Prior to installing Total Classics I copied the MVP Baseball 2005 directory to another location. I then installed Total Classics over the one that remained in the Program Files/EASports directory. Once completed I renamed that directory from MVP Baseball 2005 to Total Classics Baseball 2005 and created a separate Icon on the Desktop for it. Finally, I moved MVP Baseball 2005, which I had copied to another location previously, back into the Program Files/EASports directory.

I have not had any problems thus far just clicking on the one I wanted to play. Knowing that the profile, sav & dynasty files are all being shared in the My Documents folder hasn't caused me any known problems.

Perhaps I am missing something here and would appreciate anyone letting know why I shouldn't be doing things this way. But it worked for 2004 and I have no idea why it wouldn't work for 2005.

Other than the added disk capacity required having both installed simultaneously and the sharing of the my Documents directory I see no problems with this.

Thanks,

Don

Ok Don, let me see if I get this straight.

Right now, my game is installed in C:MVP Baseball 2005 and the profile of course is in the MY DOCUMENTS directory.

What you are saying is that if I create a directory called for example

C:MVP TOTAL CLASSICS, I can use both Fuzzone's wonderful program and the minor leagues too? It doesn't matter if I have to use more disk space for this, that's not a problem.

capa,

being realigned for tc3?

Is it due to pic assignments?

Is it due to audio assignments?

Is it due to a lack of concensus on how

to align the leagues?

If the last item is true I would be glad to

give input.

Not trying to create trouble here just curious.

I think the answer to that question is because the object of the overall Total Classic "project" was to add a total of 120 classic teams (all minors and major league teams). I don't think the team ever initially gave any thought about aligning ML teams with minors of the same franchise. It was just an effort to add whatever teams the TC mini-team wanted to see added, as well as those requested by a few others. There was never a thought to align the franchises in any way, shape, or form. Dynasty play was an afterthought really. Just getting a whole bunch of classic/favorite teams added was the initial drive.

Could it be done now? Yes...using MVPEDIT. But I don't think there has been much call to do it by many people. I think the overall concept of this release is we will give you the teams..120 of them..you can do with them whatever you want - realign, add others not in the 120, etc... Unless Fuzz pulls a rabbit out of his hat (and it wouldn't be the first time), I don't think TC3 will have the alignment you seek. In fact, in order to do so, would probably mean we'd have to eliminate some of the teams we have now, and add others that no one has created yet. The overall intent was to create classic teams and keep them intact...rather than seeing Roy White promoted up through the minors to the 27 Yankees...for example. That might ruin the effect for some.

I tend to edit all the teams/players once they are released anyway, then export the teams, and read back into MVPEDIT for different leagues and so on, so having TC3 released as you mentioned is not that important to me personally. If you get Fuzz's ear and can convince him that this is important enough to spend more time workiong on this project, then that might be your best hope at this point...

C

You guys take as much time as you need-I have 90 teams now that are great-just was wondering. So it is possible to change the teams to different locations-say if I wanted all 50's and 60's teams in some divisions and all 30's and 40's teams in others?

Ok Don, let me see if I get this straight.

Right now, my game is installed in C:MVP Baseball 2005 and the profile of course is in the MY DOCUMENTS directory.

What you are saying is that if I create a directory called for example

C:MVP TOTAL CLASSICS, I can use both Fuzzone's wonderful program and the minor leagues too? It doesn't matter if I have to use more disk space for this, that's not a problem.

Y4L - That's exactly correct. That's the way I have it setup right now and it works great.

Yes...using MVPEDIT, you can export all the teams to your hard drive, then reimport them back in to whatever slots you want (ML or minors). Problem is, you then have to rename the teams and make sure the proper uniforms are associated with that slot. Fuzz's uni editor allows you to do that, but the team renaming thing...there is no tool for that right now I don't believe.

I am adding the 91 Pirates and 96 Rangers to the list as well...that brings the total to 20 I think...

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates (capa)

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers (capa)

97 marlins

99 indians

I am adding the 91 Pirates and 96 Rangers to the list as well...that brings the total to 20 I think...

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates (capa)

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers (capa)

97 marlins

99 indians

Here's what AlexTony has sent me so far (along with a notation of which ones I've already imported and added portraits for):

1950 Philadelphia Phillies -- DONE

1962 San Francisco Giants -- DONE

1971 Pittsburgh Pirates

1975 Boston Red Sox -- DONE

1976 Detroit Tigers

1977 LA Dodgers -- DONE

1977 New York Yankees -- DONE

1979 Pittsburgh Pirates

1980 Atlanta Braves -- DONE

1983 Chicago White Sox

1984 San Diego Padres

1989 Chicago Cubs

1989 SF Giants

1990 Oakland A's

1993 Atlanta Braves

1993 Philadelphia Phillies

1995 Colorado Rockies

1997 Florida Marlins

1999 Cleveland Indians

This totals 19 teams (your list is missing the '83 White Sox). Add your two new teams ('91 Pirates, '96 Rangers), plus the '74 White Sox that AlexTony is going to send me and that takes us up to 22 teams.

Here's what AlexTony has sent me so far (along with a notation of which ones I've already imported and added portraits for):

1950 Philadelphia Phillies -- DONE

1962 San Francisco Giants -- DONE

1971 Pittsburgh Pirates

1975 Boston Red Sox -- DONE

1976 Detroit Tigers

1977 LA Dodgers -- DONE

1977 New York Yankees -- DONE

1979 Pittsburgh Pirates

1980 Atlanta Braves -- DONE

1983 Chicago White Sox

1984 San Diego Padres

1989 Chicago Cubs

1989 SF Giants

1990 Oakland A's

1993 Atlanta Braves

1993 Philadelphia Phillies

1995 Colorado Rockies

1997 Florida Marlins

1999 Cleveland Indians

This totals 19 teams (your list is missing the '83 White Sox). Add your two new teams ('91 Pirates, '96 Rangers), plus the '74 White Sox that AlexTony is going to send me and that takes us up to 22 teams.

Jim,

Thanks for that correction!

Ok...so the running list (just to get it all in one place now) looks like:

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

99 indians

also:

64 cards (from stecropper)

83 oriloes

91 twins (both jewgrass is working on)

Ok..latest update - 25 teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

99 indians

Ok..latest update - 25 teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

99 indians

LOL...you gotta see Bonds on the 91 Pirates...thin as a rail!!

C

Archived