Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

I think I'm gonna do the padres after I'm done the 91 Twins. There's still room, right capa?

I think with the 70 Reds we are at 27, so 4 more teams are doable..yes...98 Padres can get in...let me update the list...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok..latest update - 27 teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

sweet, like my new avatar!!

<-------

Funny...hey...the guy made it to the show in the 60's when there were only half the teams there are now...you gotta respect that on every level...

C

you forgot the 64 Phillies. Who's working on that one?

There is a post higher up where someone said they were doing them...let me look...

It is Stecropper (Don)...he has it covered...

Funny...hey...the guy made it to the show in the 60's when there were only half the teams there are now...you gotta respect that on every level...

C

I wish he got a chance to play more, but he had a tough time hitting, probably cause he neer got the chance to play every day. But he was a helluva catcher!

I wish he got a chance to play more, but he had a tough time hitting, probably cause he neer got the chance to play every day. But he was a helluva catcher!

Yeah...anyone who can catch a Gibson fastball and slider has to have quick, soft hands...

C

Just so it doesn't get lost on the previous page:

Ok..latest update - 27 teams:

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

C

Thanks capa/fuzz,

I am just not familiar enough with mvpedit etc. to make it worth my time

to do the realignment (eather based on time period, or franchise) on my

own. With the logistics of renaming and uniform/photo realigning I can see why it is not a priority with you guys. I am suprised that it is not a priority within the community. Dynasty is the only way to play this game IMHO. Playing the 27 yanks against the seattle pilots does not make for

a very exciting division race.

I really want to thank you guys for all your hard work and I do enjoy

playing with these classic teams.

the '64 phils are done, compliments of stecropper

Up to 28 now...

50 phils

62 giants

64 cards

64 phils

70 reds

71 pirates

74 white sox

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

83 white sox

83 orioles

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

91 Pirates

91 twins

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

96 Rangers

97 marlins

98 padres

99 indians

Thanks for including the 64 Phils and the 70 Reds-the reds were awesome that year but ran into a guy named Brooks-his glove and bat beat them. The Phils were mismanaged down the stretch-Mauch used two pitchers basically and screwed his team.

Y4L - That's exactly correct. That's the way I have it setup right now and it works great.

Ok, a little update on this thing. I did this last night and it works perfect. In one directory I have the minor leagues that the game has, and it another directory I have total classics, phase two. Perfect. Worked like a charm.

However, I still have problems with phase two in how some of the players look. If you view these two pictures you will see what I mean:

Image shack files

http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=mvp2005...022208969fd.png

http://img267.echo.cx/my.php?image=mvp2005...022209987av.png

You see what I mean? That's pretty distorted. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if you know a fix for this. Please don't bother fuzz about this because he's working on phase three for everyone. I'm just asking you guys because maybe others have had this happen. If I have to live with this (only some have this) then I guess I have to.

Now, I don't know anything about anything, but it looks to me like the game is trying to map a 2004 face (1-sided) to a 2005 skin (2-sided), so the pic gets stretched across the player's face. I've never had this problem myself, but that's what I though of when I saw that.

Ok, a little update on this thing. I did this last night and it works perfect. In one directory I have the minor leagues that the game has, and it another directory I have total classics, phase two. Perfect. Worked like a charm.

However, I still have problems with phase two in how some of the players look. If you view these two pictures you will see what I mean:

Image shack files

http://img285.echo.cx/my.php?image=mvp2005...022208969fd.png

http://img267.echo.cx/my.php?image=mvp2005...022209987av.png

You see what I mean? That's pretty distorted. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if you know a fix for this. Please don't bother fuzz about this because he's working on phase three for everyone. I'm just asking you guys because maybe others have had this happen. If I have to live with this (only some have this) then I guess I have to.

Y4L - My guess is that it may have something to do with your video card. The work I'm doing to add portraits for all classics teams is being done at lunchtime and at night on my laptop computer from work. I have the game installed on it and when I finish adding portraits for a team, I fire up the game to make sure that the portraits show up and the game doesn't crash.

I see the EXACT same thing you show in your photos for some, but not all, of the faces. On my laptop, which has an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 video card, Graig Nettles looks exactly the same as in your pictures.

If, however, I fire up the game with Total Classics on my home PC that has a Radeon 9600 Pro video card, the faces are fine.

What are you running the game on and what kind of video card do you have?

another ? if i install total classics how do i get it off my cpu if i want to go back to original game

When Total Classics is installed, it creates a backup folder (called "backup"), which saves all of the files that it modifies (roster files, uniforms, etc.). If you want to "uninstall" Total Classics, you can just replace the modified files with those in the backup folder.

If disk space is not an issue, the easiest thing to do is just to have two copies of the game, one for "normal" MVP and one for Total Classics. It's very easy to setup and it works great.

we are close with the rosters if not set. '98 padres, '70 reds, and PaulW

may contribute the '51 NYG and/or 50's A's team

got the '64 phils from stecropper

now we have the 'teams' aspect set

then jim825 and i have to correspond pic/audio id's where applicable

(of course create some of them still)

Y4L - My guess is that it may have something to do with your video card. The work I'm doing to add portraits for all classics teams is being done at lunchtime and at night on my laptop computer from work. I have the game installed on it and when I finish adding portraits for a team, I fire up the game to make sure that the portraits show up and the game doesn't crash.

I see the EXACT same thing you show in your photos for some, but not all, of the faces. On my laptop, which has an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 video card, Graig Nettles looks exactly the same as in your pictures.

If, however, I fire up the game with Total Classics on my home PC that has a Radeon 9600 Pro video card, the faces are fine.

What are you running the game on and what kind of video card do you have?

Ok, let me give you the information I have:

Chip Type: NVIDIA GeFORCE2 MX/MX 400

DAC TYPE: Integrated RAMDAC

Memory size: 64 MB

Adapter String: NVIDIA GeFORCE2 MX/MX 400

Bios Information: 3.11.01.50.23

Running a 1.4 mhz computer, 256 meg of Ram.

Archived