Total Classics 2005 PHASE 3 W.I.P UPDATE

fuzzone

I know there is already a Negro Leagues mod in progress, but I think it would be awesome if you put the 1932 Pittsburgh Crawfords in with some of the major league classic teams.

Josh Gibson, Oscar Charleston, and Satchel Paige on the same club

Best team ever?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know there is already a Negro Leagues mod in progress, but I think it would be awesome if you put the 1932 Pittsburgh Crawfords in with some of the major league classic teams.

Josh Gibson, Oscar Charleston, and Satchel Paige on the same club

Best team ever?

Total Classics Phase 2 (the currently available version) has the 1934 Crawfords which has all three of those players.

putting the audios in is a bit of work. have not even gotten to the pa announced

because still a bit to go with the regular last names to create

the 'TC' project is a bit of work. still working on classic teams also. adding a few

more pics, etc.

will need help with adding some more classic teams

but, it is coming along nicely. thanks to 'ALL' the modders and time invested

Can you make sure that for the players that are already in the game... make sure the PA announcements are in there

For the players already in the game, we're trying to use the same portrait IDs used by their current 2005 counterparts. For example, Derek Jeter has a portrait ID (and therefore an audio ID since the same value is used for both) of 421 on the 2005 Yankees. I assigned the same ID (421) to him on the '96, '98 and '00 Yankees. This was easy since he's always been on the Yankees, meaning that the same portrait can be used for each roster.

It's a little trickier for players who appear on rosters for different teams. For example, Randy Johnson has a portrait ID of 432 on the 2005 Yankees. He is assigned this ID (432) on the '97 Mariners and a portrait of him with a Mariners cap is assigned to this ID. For the 2000 Diamondbacks, Johnson has a portrait ID of 7377 and a portrait of him with a Diamondbacks cap is assigned to this ID. AlexTony added an entry to the audio table at location 7377 so that the name "Johnson" is heard for the 2000 Diamondbacks Randy Johnson.

This is the only way this can be done because a player's portrait ID is also his audio ID (i.e. there is only a single field displayed in MVPEdit, not one for each).

putting the audios in is a bit of work. have not even gotten to the pa announced

because still a bit to go with the regular last names to create

the 'TC' project is a bit of work. still working on classic teams also. adding a few

more pics, etc.

will need help with adding some more classic teams

but, it is coming along nicely. thanks to 'ALL' the modders and time invested

take your time tony. take all the time u need. I've actually started reading "Baseball Best Short Stories" by the Chicago Review Press.

still got a couple of stories to go. I sure do love reading in front of the computer. :)

To avoid duplication of effort, I can tell you that the following teams are already done for TC3. Thanks to AlexTony for knocking most of these off...

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

93 braves

95 rockies

97 marlins

99 indians

To avoid duplication of effort, I can tell you that the following teams are already done for TC3. Thanks to AlexTony for knocking most of these off...

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

93 braves

95 rockies

97 marlins

99 indians

AlexTony sent me the .met files for these teams and I've started assigning their portrait IDs and adding their portraits to the portrait.big file. I just started last night, but I've got the '62 Giants done so far.

Teams I'm working on...

'93 Phillies

'83 Orioles

'91 Twins

Any more requests?

jewgrass - Once you get the .met files done for these teams, could you send them my way? I can assign unique portrait IDs for them and add their portraits to the portrait.big file (I'm doing that for the 15 teams that AlexTony has created). I'll then re-export the .met files and send them to you or to Fuzz.

AlexTony already has portraits for the '83 Orioles and '91 Twins. We'll have to see if he has portraits for the '93 Phillies.

Damn, you guys rock. Can't wait for the finished product. TC2 is fantastic, brings back lots of good memories. Keep up the great work while we all patiently wait for this great mod!!

It takes some time to do this, but I find it to be a labor of love, because like you, playing Total Classics brings back some great memories for me. :D

hey Jim, I have no problem with that, but I'd like to OK it with AlexTony. Going through the 91 Twins, 7 of the guys were on the 87 Twins, so I used the same audio/photo ID for those. Makes sense to use the same picture, unless you have other plans...

BTW, I'm going to start on the 1964 Cardinals, not because they were the World Series champs, but because of BOB UECKER!! This game would not be complete if Bob wasn't present! ;)

hey Jim, I have no problem with that, but I'd like to OK it with AlexTony. Going through the 91 Twins, 7 of the guys were on the 87 Twins, so I used the same audio/photo ID for those. Makes sense to use the same picture, unless you have other plans...

BTW, I'm going to start on the 1964 Cardinals, not because they were the World Series champs, but because of BOB UECKER!! This game would not be complete if Bob wasn't present! ;)

That's fine. AlexTony and I "talk" almost daily about this stuff and he keeps me updated with his audio ID mods. 98% of the portraits I'm adding are from his "1906 thru 2001 classic pics" package. I know that there is a "1987-91 Minnesota" folder in the package and that's where I would have grabbed the portraits from. To conserve precious portrait.big space, I reuse portrait IDs wherever I can. I had already figured that some of the players on your '91 Twins would use the same portraits as those on the '87 Twins team that was in TC2.

I'm doing the same thing for AlexTony's '75 Red Sox, which will share a lot of the IDs with the '78 Red Sox. Many of the players on the '96 and '98 Yankees that I created and the 2000 Yankees that Fuzz created use the same portrait ID.

updating the list:

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd

89 sf

89 cubs

90 a's

93 braves

93 phillies

95 rockies

97 marlins

99 indians

12 more to add

guys, if possible, let me see the met files before they go to fuzz

to be installed

So it looks like the mlb level will not be

all-time greats for each franchise in phase 3.

Is that right?

Just curious.

PS - What is the vertical structure for phase 3?

i.e. mlb -> aaa -> aa -> a all the same franchise

or a random mix??

So it looks like the mlb level will not be

all-time greats for each franchise in phase 3.

Is that right?

Just curious.

PS - What is the vertical structure for phase 3?

i.e. mlb -> aaa -> aa -> a all the same franchise

or a random mix??

No alltime teams that I know of.

Mixture on the franchises. However, with MVPEDIT anyone can realign the majors and minors as they wish.

C

updating the list:

50 phils

62 giants

71 pirates

75 boston

76 tigers

77 nyy

77 LA

79 pirates

80 braves

84 sd