Faces

AlexTony

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did. I ran into the guy who banned me from CBGB's. He wants to be friends now, which is nice. I still don't want to go back to CB's but I'm glad i'm not fighting with him any more. One less death threat hanging over my head. These operatives wrote a smear web site about me and one of the only true parts was about MTV wanting to see tapes of one of the bands on my show. Now people think I can get their band on MTV. As you already know, a number of people who first appeared on tv on my show are on real television now. So there's some impatience from these people toward me running tapes of video games instead of their bands, you know? I used to be on the list of 4 shows a night with strippers throwing themselves at me, talking about marriage on the first date and weird stuff like that. It's been a weird life. I just want to be a cartoonist/writer/artist again and avoid any scenes or the in-fightting that goes with scenes.

yeah and i just want a dame in a spring dress, one drink away from being sleazy, to come up to me on a june-ish saturday night and say, "oh my god, but aren't you -- aren't you fuzz one? you know, from mvpmods.com?"

and i can actually say, "no doll, you've got the wrong guy."

fuzzone = mvpmods version of judas.lol

You don't want fame, you want success and money. Or if you really do want fame, start sriving for success and money and you'll get fame instead. Fame is scarey without the money, even small local fame. You go to clubs and people point at you. Some of them smile, others glare, they all think they know about you. A girl invites you to come to her reading, you sit in the back, suddenly the house lights come on and some guy is videotaping you because you're in the audience. Do you really want that invasion of privacy before you can afford body guards and lawyers? That's why I say ballplayers deserve to get paid alot just so they can keep a distance from the public. In the old days, Phil Rizzuto and Yogi Berra used to have to work in a men's clothing store in the off-season and Mickey Mantle's wife used to have to work so they could afford a Manhattan apartment.

And the girls that like you because they think you're somebody are not seeing you when they look at you, they're seeing their own ambitions and agenda.

Just saying, be careful what you wish for.

And girls aren't turneed on by computer games--learn guitar or get good at photography or painting or just get rich, then girls will flock around you. Get a tv executive to call you a visionary or a genius and you will have a crowd of girls surrounding you staring at you at parties. See if it brings you happiness though.

Old people are good for oh-so-wise advice, but it only starts to make sense to you once you become an old person dishing out the advice yourself. One of those catch-22's in life. The kids never listen to the old guy who tells them not to go in the woods in the horror movies, do they?

I'm always on-topic! At least in a surreal sense.

mmmkay, that was a conversation stopper. How about the all-new Rizzuto v.2?

scooterv2.jpg

This one to me actually looks like him, unlike the previous one, which had cheeks that were too big or something.

Rizzuto looks good. For the XBOX conversion, do you know what original face number you used?

I'm an idiot (no comment) and I didn't see your request for a up close mattingly image.

I don't know if you still take suggestions on the faces you post, and I don't know if Keith is a final, but his mustache is purple-ish. I don't know if that was what you were referring to with the Oedit comment, or not.

Here you go, I think it shows alot of the texture of the mustache

DonFace.jpg

Ha, no, that whole photo of Hernandez is purplish. I swear it looks like he was dying his hair blue-black in that photo, and it's a scan of a full-page photo from this book I bought. None of the other players in the book have that going on, and all the shots are by the same photographer. It WAS the 80's, alot of guys I knew had blue-black dyed hair, so I wonder. I'll try to make it less purple though. Mattinlgy I'll try to add moustache texture to if I have time, I'm trying to get a new small batch of faces done for AlexTony but of course he always picks the challenging ones like Parrish. He also requesed a Darryl and I'm having trouble finding someone with a nose like Darryl's, I never realized what a unique look he had before. I have to do an emergency web site for a horror host first, then get back to the faces as soon as I can, so it's a busy week. Thanks for the Mattingly image. Do you have any other oldtime players in clear pix from the front that large? Like DiMagg or Williams or Hank Aaron or basically anybody good that doesn't already have a face in the game?

Special thanks to Jewgrass! I'll try to work on Thome, Schmidt and Rose--actually the only thing I don't like about the Schmidt in the game is the short hair, which I can't really fix yet. I think I have good shots of Pete Rose but he's already been done. I'll make sure my version is different if I can get him done. Thome I'm still looking for shots of but I haven't really looked yet so I'm still hopeful. Thanks again.

I've been trying to do Gibson since day one, anyone who has pix of him PLEASE send. The best shot I found was when he was on the cover of Sports Illustrated, if anyone collects those and can scan it, please do. I've only got a small shot. It's perfect except for the lack of detail, I need a larger version of that shot. He was on there with some other player, I forget who.

EDIT: Here's the shot I need a larger one of, it's not Sports Illustrated, sorry:

si_gibson_23.jpg

69Yanks you are too down on yourself. Maybe you should change your name to "61 Yanks" or "1998 Yanks," then you'd be alot happier I bet.

I wish there were a George Brett face in the game, if anyone has good shots of him. I hated him when he played because he always played well against the Yankees. He once hit 3 homers in one playoof game. Man, I hated to see him coming up, he was my least-favorite Royal. But he was one of the best players of that era.

Archived