Faces

AlexTony

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for all the help and all the nice words, they are appreciated.

I uploaded version one of the facepack, set up to hopefully be quick to instantly use with Total Classics Phase One, incuding a handy mbe file. It should be available sometime today. Thanks again to everyone who helped and/or was supportive, this is for you.

pbcardspack1ad.jpg

D'OH! I already found an error in the mbe included with the facepack--

ROGER MARIS SHOULD BE FACE #161, not whatever it says there.

This is not Roger Maris, but an action shot I just took a few minutes ago of a Yankee from a different era:

mradverb.jpg

Since nobody's writing stuff here does that mean no problems with the download? I have received a letter from someone who was confused about the "Bonus Face" thing--those faces don't install automatically-- either because they are extras or else they are guys who don't have teams till phase two of Total Classics. They are in a separate folder and you have to install them separately if you want them, like unlockables in the game sort of. The mbe file has holes in it, so download the update patch if you need that. I think Fuzz is going to incorporate the faces automatically in facepack 2, so that will be faster for those of you looking for a fast install. Hopefully there will still be something like the bonus face folder or an ability to do an easy uninstall for people who don't like either one face or all of what I did. Any problems with installation or use, please tell me. Any problems creatively with the faces, I encourage you to try to make changes yourself and upload your new face for all of us to share. Thanks.

EDIT: I uploaded a version 1a which makes further fixes and incorporates a better version of the mbe. Sorry for any confusion.

I didn't see that anyone else mentioned this, but did you include the files for Canseco? I can't seem to find them in the faces or bonus faces folder. Plus when I open up the new MBE with MVP Edit, it says no picture found for face 595 (Canseco). I just have to say that these faces are awesome. I love every one of them. Great work!

jogar84 I just installed your Boggs and Oneil Face. Both have fatal error message during install. The install.bat file I find out if U input this line instead of the one U gave in the dl , it will install without trouble. Example Oneil I use this line in the install.bat only

gfxpak -p1 -real data/models.big c590.fsh c590.ord c590.orl

screenshot211.jpg

Btw your Oneil face really look like his ready to beat someone up in the game hehe. Any Chance U do any more 96 Yankees players ? I love this team very much so any will do.

jogar84 I just installed your Boggs and Oneil Face. Both have fatal error message during install. The install.bat file I find out if U input this line instead of the one U gave in the dl , it will install without trouble. Example Oneil I use this line in the install.bat only

gfxpak -p1 -real data/models.big c590.fsh c590.ord c590.orl

screenshot211.jpg

Btw your Oneil face really look like his ready to beat someone up in the game hehe. Any Chance U do any more 96 Yankees players ? I love this team very much so any will do.

make sure u have the files in the data folder, with eazip and gfxpak. And don't have bigui or the game running during gameplay. Otherwise, if u fixed it urself, thats great. not really planning on doing another Yankee face, because im not a yankee fan, but if u send me a good quality pic of the player u want at jogar084@yahoo.com, then ill consider it!

I just want to express 'Thank You' to both Mr. Peter Bernard and jogar84.

(and all who are creating faces and the rest of the mods)

The faces help take the game for us 'Classic' enthusiasts to the next level.

Much appreciated from this end :!:

bbfans- did you figure it out yet? Also there's a new download that should work better, but I hadn't heard of other crashes on it so hopefully you got it figured out. Yeah Canseco is on the 2000 Yankees, he's the secret 23rd player. He's #595 in the main faces folder, or he should be. I decided to make him the secret player after a certain someone released his Young Canseco face, so it wouldn't distract from his cyberface or anything. Also I don't have 100% the right mesh for him yet and I can't fix it in oedit for some reason.

Wow, you realize there are already 6 more faces for the 2005 game than were done for the 2004 game and we're only in April? I'm glad more people are learning this. I wish I could trade my knowledge for help doing stadiums, portraits and rosters, I want to learn all these things. Oh and overlays and uniforms, haha.

peterbernard I got it to work but this time I avoid using the mbe file that U provided. Not that I don't trust U hehe but since I have other faces that I install that may have conflict with your face #. I decided to just enter the # by myself manually so now it run.

ANd since I didn't install your mbe I didn't have Canseco in the TC rosters. So hopefully when TC phrase 2 come out with the A"s team will include him and I can add to see how it look in game.

donniebaseball1mb.jpg

I screen capture Donnie HIt Man and I notice on his uniform the #23 is green instead of gray or dark blue. Is this TC replacing a team that use tampa Bay minor league team that it automatically use green? Is their setting we can change to make the color we want?

donniebaseball1mb.th.jpg

http://img241.echo.cx/my.php?image=donniebaseball1mb.jpg

It's because the uniforms are overwritten on the minor league team's uni that they are replacing. I think you can ADD an extra uniform that looks right but I haven't done that yet myself.

Archived