New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patch 2 installed, stutters are gone, vsynch enabled and game still runs just a bit too fast for my liking. Primarily when fielders run for or throw the ball. My solution was to go into the Gameplay Tuning section and decrease (-) running speed and throwing speed just a little bit. Set mine to -10 on several variable's and it has helped (at least on my machine :D).

ez

The game does run way too fast even with vsync on. Someone hits a chopper to 1st, the play is over in less than 2 seconds. The pitches come way faster now as well. It's playable, but man it's way harder now. There needs to be a game speed variable or something that can be edited for various machines.

- Para

Go into options and Video options and make sure V-sync is turned on, it's the last option. If not the game is going to be running like mad. I get like 350 FPS now if I have it disabled lol.

Since everything was so fast, I went back to my old game without the patch because I was having no stuttering...

Those who are having super fastness do you have a ATI card? I'm just curious... :|

I have a 6800 GT overclocked and without v-sync the game was like it was on speed. The great thing was I could sim a season in like 2 minutes lol.

game is perfect now. i've only played an inning so i haven't seen the speed increase on replays, but as long it's just replays, who cares?!? this game looks great now!

btw

XP 2400

ATI 9600 XT, latest cats

1280x1024@60hz w/4x AA and 4X AF w/temporal AA

...wow, the patch is helping. the game runs (too) good ;-)

sometime the player run to fast and the pitch is to fast too..

...i don´t now what can help, but anyway i think this game is o.k now

So you're back? I thought you broke the disk and threw it in the garbage?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

I have such a vidcard too and I didn't have to underclock it to make my game work as supposed, so that's BS from your part.

I don't know how this patch could 'destroy' your game... that's an even foulest pile of crap.

And btw, the patch wasn't leaked... the one on EA's website has the exact date and time of creation as the one that was first available at their FTP.

well read 16 pages of posts and count the number of times it is suggested to underclock your videocard, my friend.

it is "destroyed" because it is now completely unplayable, irreversible and must be reinstalled. that pretty much qualifies as destroyed in my book

and it is leaked. show me where this patch is ANYWHERE on EA's official site...

Just enable v-sync and the game is fine. I'd rather be forced to enable V-sync than to have to deal with choppiness. So what if the game is capped at 60 on my LCD as long as it's playable. Don't complain about your $600 video card and saying EA screwed up the patch. It's not great because it doesn't limit the FPS in the menu system or the game but when you turn v-sync off you're asking for the most FPS.

for god's sake stop telling me to enable v-sync. the goddamn thing is enabled, both at driver level and in game. it still runs at an unplayable framerate. i mean totally unplayable. and i'm not complaining about my $600 videocard. i love it to death. i am complaining about those who suggest that you underclock it to get the damn thing playable. that is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous things i've ever heard.

for god's sake stop telling me to enable v-sync. the goddamn thing is enabled, both at driver level and in game. it still runs at an unplayable framerate. i mean totally unplayable. and i'm not complaining about my $600 videocard. i love it to death. i am complaining about those who suggest that you underclock it to get the damn thing playable. that is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous things i've ever heard.

your problem is your playing the game at a very high resolution.

lower your resolution and refresh rateand keep adjusting until its normal speed.

and for high end video card vysnc has to be on for the video card and in the game.

for low end video card, than it best to have vsync off in the game and video card

What framerates are you seeing?

Okay,

if you have Vsync ON then it's impossible to get a framerate of 300FPS, so something is wrong here.

Vsync ON forces your video card to produce, at max, one frame for every refresh cycle of the monitor. So at 75Hz refresh rate, you can't get more than 75FPS, at 85Hz refresh rate 85FPS and so on.

EA coded this game to run best (in thier opinion) at 60FPS, so the closer you can get to that the better.

Most games have a timing mechanism to allow the game to play at the proper pace on a range of machines. For example, I can play COD on my computer at around 30FPS and you can likely play it at 100FPS, but that doesn't mean that your game moves along 3X faster, they both progress at the same relative speed.

I think, because EA was fixated on this 60FPS number, they forgot to include a mechanism to tie animations to a real time clock. They are instead tied to FPS, so faster FPS means faster animations. Once they removed the FPS cap, they needed to fix this other issue and didn't. The only way for you to control it is to enable Vsync to drop your framerate down to somewhere near 60FPS.

60Hz is generally hard on the eyes, so I wouldn't recommend that. Shoot for 75Hz to 85Hz and see how that looks.

well it certainly SEEMS like 300fps, but i have no way of quantifying it. i agree with what you say and i understand completely what you're talking about, but what i am seeing is unmistakable. it must be 85 fps then. the problem though is that i run games like ut2004 in excess of this fps and those games are completely playable

this damn game is unplayable, and v sync is on. anyway it doesn't matter, because i've just uninstalled the game. i am currently defragging my hd and will then reinstall the game, all of the mods, and patch NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

i would rather be able to play the game and live with slight stutter than the alternative

well it certainly SEEMS like 300fps, but i have no way of quantifying it. i agree with what you say and i understand completely what you're talking about, but what i am seeing is unmistakable. this damn game is unplayable, and v sync is on. anyway it doesn't matter, because i've just uninstalled the game. i am currently defragging my hd and will then reinstall the game, all of the mods, and patch NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

i would rather be able to play the game and live with slight stutter than the alternative

download Fraps..

do a search on google. and have it on and run the game, it will tel you the fps while playing. it will be displayed on the screen.

what resolution and refresh rate your playing with?

well it certainly SEEMS like 300fps, but i have no way of quantifying it. i agree with what you say and i understand completely what you're talking about, but what i am seeing is unmistakable. it must be 85 fps then.

this damn game is unplayable, and v sync is on. anyway it doesn't matter, because i've just uninstalled the game. i am currently defragging my hd and will then reinstall the game, all of the mods, and patch NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

See my edit above.

Try installing www.fraps.com and run it during the game so you can see what framerate you are getting.

There are two places you need to set your Vsync. In the game, and in the video card control panel. If it's set to "Always OFF" in your video card control panel, and ON in the game, it will be off.

Spitoon is right. Just to piggyback on. I had the exact same problem and had to dig into the advanced property settings of my ATI9800 to get V-Sync to work properly. You can get it to work, I've now helped 3 of my firends getting theirs going. Maybe you need to read a little more about your driver settings from the video card company before screaming here.

hi...my english is not good enough to understand what i can do against

the high run in the game after the patch 2. i dont understand what i can

do with the progam frame.exe. or what is better vsynch on or off...i dont

know...

the only thing i can do, is to wait some weeks again for a new patch

from ea...

greathing from munich

hi...my english is not good enough to understand what i can do against

the high run in the game after the patch 2. i dont understand what i can

do with the progam frame.exe. or what is better vsynch on or off...i dont

know...

the only thing i can do, is to wait some weeks again for a new patch