New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

My further experiences after the patch.Ok the stuttering is gone with the patch and as noted V-sync must now be on or the game runs too fast, without vsync it's unplayable, with vsync the pitching was back to normal but the fielding was still too fast.

Also the points about the game changing refresh to 60 are accurate, b4 the game would run at the desktop refresh in my case 85 Hz.

I had to use Refresh Force and it set my monitor at it's max for each resolution. In the case of 1280x1024 mine is 100Hz and although the pitching was normal speed, the fielding was imo still too fast. So I slowly lowered the refresh at 1280 to 85, then 75 and the fielding correspondingly got slower.

I imagine at 60 Hz all animations would be "normal" speed but as noted 60 Hz is an eyesore because of the flickering so I recommend setting the refresh at the highest that stops flickering but low enough to keep the game animations as close to normal speed as possible.

Mike G

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those of you that say vsync is on in game and at driver level, try reinstalling the monitor drivers. then set your desktop res and refresh rate to what you like. if you have the exact driver for your monitor when you go to start a game in mvp, even if you're playing at your desktop res like i am, the refresh rate should be set to the lowest possible for that resolution, which at 1280x1024 is 60hz (though i run my desktop at that res @ 75hz).

reforce removes refresh and resolution combos from your registry so when you load a game to different resolution it loads at 120hz @800x600 (for quake 3 for example) instead of the default 800x600@60hz. it sets 120hz as the lowest possible refresh rate for 800x600. the drawback is that if you adjust your desktop res to 60hz it will only be 60 hz, in game and at your desktop res. this is why i dont use reforce. if your drivers are the correct version, you can get 1 resolution to run at multiple refresh rates at different times.

i know that doesn't help most of you having problems with the fast forward gameplay, but it looks like for the game to work you need to achieve only 60fps and reinstalling the correct monitor drivers is at least a start.

yeah i am pretty sure that i am, last night i played the game went to work came home replaced my database file and put the patch on my game and then replaced my database file again, and now it starts up to the screen with the picture of the base and the loading bar gets right to the end and then it justs sits there and does nothing

EA will have to fix the patch, obviously because not every user knows that much about setting v-sync on. That and I use a LCD with DVI connection so I can't go above 60 Hz or 60 FPS with it turned on. Obviously if you guys are running a standard CRT at something like 85-100 Hz refresh rate there probably is a problem. It's like they had a FPS limiter that didn't work right on high-end systems and then with the patch they simply removed it completely. Other than setting your refresh rate in Windows to 60 Hz or forcing it through drivers (both ATI and Nvidia support it) before playing the game you're probably going to run the game at insane speeds. Look at the bright side with v-sync off I can move through the menus like a coked out lab rat.

Installed the patch, got rid of the stuttering. I have no speed issues, but I have a different "bug"...

I used to be able to bypass the hitters statistics screen (when they come up to bat) with a press of a button, and now when I press that button, the game pauses for about 5 secs. and then by passes the screen. Any idea on what to do? It never did this before the patch. Thanks...

My further experiences after the patch.Ok the stuttering is gone with the patch and as noted V-sync must now be on or the game runs too fast, without vsync it's unplayable, with vsync the pitching was back to normal but the fielding was still too fast.

Also the points about the game changing refresh to 60 are accurate, b4 the game would run at the desktop refresh in my case 85 Hz.

I had to use Refresh Force and it set my monitor at it's max for each resolution. In the case of 1280x1024 mine is 100Hz and although the pitching was normal speed, the fielding was imo still too fast. So I slowly lowered the refresh at 1280 to 85, then 75 and the fielding correspondingly got slower.

I imagine at 60 Hz all animations would be "normal" speed but as noted 60 Hz is an eyesore because of the flickering so I recommend setting the refresh at the highest that stops flickering but low enough to keep the game animations as close to normal speed as possible.

Mike G

I have the same problem. My monitor refresh rate is 85 and it's forced to stay at 85. I'm playing at 1280x1024. The only way I can slow it down is to enable V-sync within the game AND within my video card properties (which sux because i don't need it on for each game, so I have to adjust it for each game) The game looks great, but it is slightly faster than before loading the patch. Pitching and fielding is a lot quicker. Yes, the stuttering is gone, but the new problems are worse IMO.

I'm also having another prob. If i want to skip a replay or batter intro, etc., I click my controller button and it get a weird distortion as it changes screen. This then carries over to the on field scoreboard when the picture of the batter is shown. I can't see the pictures at all. I'm using Shea Stadium (not modded). Anyone else having this issue? EA will have to come up with a solution. I think it's ridiculous to put out a patch and have all of these issues. How about some testing before you put out a patch?

I just installed the ATI Cat Control Center and...........BAM! Its fixed! I set the 3D Refresh Over Ride to 60 and my monitor at 60 and it took away the speed issues totally! I could tell right away because in the opening "Click to Start" screen things were not flying. I have to test it at higher resolutions etc. but its definately gone.

BTW, I have a Radeon 9600XT. Currently, screen res is 1024*768 AA = 4 AF = 8

Im heading back in to test at lower screen res and AA/AF.

i use refreshlock, which is the best override program out there seriously. it's so simple. the problem is 60 hz is way too slow for me. i'm currently using 69 hz, which is still slower than what it used to be, but 70 hz makes it really fast again. it's annoying and i wish i hadn't installed the patch because i never had any stuttering before...in fact, only now do i have stuttering after the second patch.

i dont understand refreshlock program.

if you set refresh rate at 75hz on your computer display. won't it be 75hz in the game too?

because i saw a difference having my computer display at 75hz refresh rate compare to 60hz refresh rate on my computer dispay

why do you even need this program?

Anyone else have the problem where the inbetween screens, like when it is switching view during the tv part segments (like when it first goes to the batter during the walkup), where the screen video gets garbled? It's hard to expain Ill have to take a screenshot if I can.

i use refreshlock, which is the best override program out there seriously. it's so simple. the problem is 60 hz is way too slow for me. i'm currently using 69 hz, which is still slower than what it used to be, but 70 hz makes it really fast again. it's annoying and i wish i hadn't installed the patch because i never had any stuttering before...in fact, only now do i have stuttering after the second patch.

i think the main point here is that EA intended, for whatever reason, the game to run optimally at 60fps, thus 60hz refresh syncs best. i too got the fast forward affect with vsync off and a refresh of 75hz (my desktop res/refresh) but when set to match the vid card AND monitor to sync at 60fps/60hz everything is butter smooth.

now, i only have an xp 2400 and 9600XT so those of you with top end systems that can achieve constant fps well above 100, none of this may help you and this probably is a seperate issue. hopefully it will soon be addressed in another patch. i don't doubt that you have set things accordingly, but rather given EA's track record with patching the wide spectrum of sytems out there, someone seems to always be left out.

also, a note to anyone reinstalling directx and/or vid card drivers:

if you reinstall directx, then you need to reinstall vid card drivers, then monitor drivers.

if you reinstall just the vid card, then you must reinstall monitor, just to be sure..

agpdriver>dx9>vidcard>monitor

My last update in the issue (I promise lol)

After futzing around for 2 days the game just moves too fast with any refresh over 60Hz. I uninstalled Reforce as b4 the patch I played all my games at 1600/1200/85Hz (max at that res for my monitor0 and all my other D3D games would play at that refresh, with or w/o vsync, the OpenGL based games would need the refresh set in the games ini file-

Anyway, with MVP at 1280x1024/60Hz the menu flickering is noticeable but I find that in game the game plays so much better that I hardly notice the flicker. For me I'd rather enjoy the game with some occ flicker than have parts of it running at fast-forward speed.

Anyway, game is now smooth as silk and I have AA maxed at 8xSS, AF at 16x, High Quality and even the grass problem is gone.

Now on to the season, Go Sox :D

Mike G

Something interesting that I found that effected the speed of the game was the datafile. I was using KSM's v2.5 Batterview6 (BTP) and had horrendously fast pitching to the point that the game was unplayable. Trues' Batterview4 (BTB) was fine and very playable. I interchanged both Pared's and the stock Batterview6, and gameplay with both when pitching became playable again. The only thing I could see was that in KSM's version there is basically no crowd in the background and a lot of crowd showing in the other two, and I think that effects your FPS (at least it does on my machine).

Anyway, just food for thought.

ez

My game went back to being fast again, so I did use ATI's Control Panel refresh rate override for 3D games, and now it works correctly everytime. So it seems like the game doesn't want to run more than 60 no matter what you do. I had mine at 75 and the game reported 71 fps, and it was too fast. So refresh override. Get it and use it if you dont have it.

Archived