New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

i dont see in the game where you can change refresh rate?

where you seeing this at?

What I mean is, MVP is locking the refresh rate at 60hz now. You never could change this in the game, but if you change something on the desktop, the game will usually take this. Now it doesn't matter what my desktop is set at, the game is at 60.

My card is a Radeon 9600XT. This isn't an issue with the card, I can plop back in the MVP2005.exe from the CD or from the first patch and everything is normal. The problem is ONLY with the new patch.

Check your monitor if you can. My monitor can display its resolution and refresh rate on its On Screen Display. With the new patch, the game goes to 60HZ in both the menus and during gameplay. Without the patch, it's whatever refresh rate my desktop is set to.

I'm staying away from the patch.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, Filthy, I skipped past this.

Try doing it through MS-DOS. The actual database files are inside a .zip file, so you'll need a DOS-compatible ZIP extractor. PKUNZIP.EXE should work fine.

Or, if you just want to open the .zip file from the CD (CD 1), go to Start, then Run, and type the following:

X:compressed.zip

Where X is the drive letter of the drive the CD is in. This will open the .zip file using whatever program you have it set to open in. You should then be able to extract the files you need into the appropriate directories.

Thanks for all the help, MarkB. I tried the second thing, and it worked. So now i'm off to test out the new patch!!!

What I mean is, MVP is locking the refresh rate at 60hz now. You never could change this in the game, but if you change something on the desktop, the game will usually take this. Now it doesn't matter what my desktop is set at, the game is at 60.

My card is a Radeon 9600XT. This isn't an issue with the card, I can plop back in the MVP2005.exe from the CD or from the first patch and everything is normal. The problem is ONLY with the new patch.

Check your monitor if you can. My monitor can display its resolution and refresh rate on its On Screen Display. With the new patch, the game goes to 60HZ in both the menus and during gameplay. Without the patch, it's whatever refresh rate my desktop is set to.

hmm where it shows you the 60hz refresh rate in the game at?

I'm having the same damn problem (NVidia Ti 4400). Man, I don't want to reinstall the game. Why does EA always seem to stick it to the NVidia user? First Madden with no dirty uniforms and now this!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same damn problem (NVidia Ti 4400). Man, I don't want to reinstall the game. Why does EA always seem to stick it to the NVidia user? First Madden with no dirty uniforms and now this!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Ti4200 and have no problems like this. 85Hz here.

Although I use ReForce, an app that overrides refresh rates to whatever you want.

EDIT: it says it's missing the mvp2005.exe. Which is prolly cuz I play with a no-cd exe. Nevermind then.

JP...

Question for ya....

I know we are not allowed to talk about the...well...you know...the "thingy" :wink: ... but does the "thingy" still work after installing patch2?

As I recall, with MVP04 the "thingy" did not work after the second patch was installed.

Also, I assume you have to re-install the original mvp2005.exe in order for patch 2 to install properly and then replace mvp2005.exe with the "thingy", correct?

ok this patch is f***ed up. completely destroyed my game and now i must reinstall mvp. super, super turbo speed in the game, totally unplayable. and don't give me some bs about underclocking my card, lowering my refresh rate, etc because 1) i tried these things and nothing worked and 2) i'll be damned if i'm going to UNDERCLOCK a $600 videocard because some patch was leaked before it was ready...

I installed the new patch, following the instructions posted earlier on here and my slight stutter is gone. This game looks like a thing of beauty now! And, no superspeed players that I've seen.

Thanks again guys for all your insight and help.

LOL this patch is great. I didn't have V-sync on so all the menus were running at 999 FPS according to FRAPS, which means it was really higher. It was like a menu system on speed. Then I try to play game. Yeah the choppiness is gone, so is my ability to hit a fastball at 500 MPH. Evidently running the game at 300 FPS is not good either. Anyway once V-sync is enabled the game is like a new game, perfectly smooth and everything!

ok this patch is f***ed up. completely destroyed my game and now i must reinstall mvp. super, super turbo speed in the game, totally unplayable. and don't give me some bs about underclocking my card, lowering my refresh rate, etc because 1) i tried these things and nothing worked and 2) i'll be damned if i'm going to UNDERCLOCK a $600 videocard because some patch was leaked before it was ready...

I have such a vidcard too and I didn't have to underclock it to make my game work as supposed, so that's BS from your part.

I don't know how this patch could 'destroy' your game... that's an even foulest pile of crap.

And btw, the patch wasn't leaked... the one on EA's website has the exact date and time of creation as the one that was first available at their FTP.

Just enable v-sync and the game is fine. I'd rather be forced to enable V-sync than to have to deal with choppiness. So what if the game is capped at 60 on my LCD as long as it's playable. Don't complain about your $600 video card and saying EA screwed up the patch. It's not great because it doesn't limit the FPS in the menu system or the game but when you turn v-sync off you're asking for the most FPS.

because you not using EA roster

17 pages of info with that question answered at least 10 times.

Anyways, you need to replace your /database folder with the one from CD1.

Back up your existing one first, replace it with the stock one, apply the patch then restore your backed up one.

They have removed the FPS cap.

Menus seem to flip along much faster as a result.

Those of you with high end machines may want to look at enabling Vsync so it doesn't run too fast. Someone on another board felt that it was running in 'fast-forward' on his high end machine.

Although the choppiness was minor for me, it has smoothed it out completely.

The game does run way too fast even with vsync on. Someone hits a chopper to 1st, the play is over in less than 2 seconds. The pitches come way faster now as well. It's playable, but man it's way harder now. There needs to be a game speed variable or something that can be edited for various machines.

- Para

My stuttering was minor to start w/ however I still get some here and there. My frame rate never drops below 30 so thats not the problem. I am using the unian ATI drivers though, I might go back to the official ATI ones. Even with vsynch on things seem a tad quicker, overall though the game does run better, and the pitch meter is definitely smoother.

Patch works great with one exception that I can find. When I get replays like home runs, etc. everything is in super fast motion. That's the only time I get that. The game runs fine at regular speed, but replays, and end of game celebrations and bringing in relievers look really fast.

Any explanations or fixes for that?

Go M's

Archived