New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

i notice i get better fps if i have vsync off on my video card and in the game.

i have a geforce 2 32(mb)

and i am getting around mid 40's fps when playing it at 800 x 600 16bit. with screen refresh at 75. and the fps goes up higher as they get to it, catch it and throw it.

and i am getting around mid 30's fps when playing at 800 x 600 32 bit. with screen refresh at 75. as they get to it, catch it and throw it.

i have AF and AA off.

when i have vsync on in the game and on my video card. i getting only around 30 fps on both resolution above.

what is vsync? and what does fast foward play mean? any example?

what is a good min FPS speed to have for mvp 2005 and what max fps is good for mvp?

thanks

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kill the noise about not being able to play online, please! EA haven't officially released it yet, so it's doubtful their systems have been updated to reflect the new patch.

The patch wasn't released, it was found. I'm sure that when EA do officially release it, you'll be able to play online. :roll:

Man, I'm running this (ATI Radeon 9800 Pro) w/ AA at 6x T3, AF at 16x Quality, V-Sync Always On, AI High, Mipmap High, Texture High, Truform App Preference, 1024 x 768 (stupid 15" LCD) and all game vid options maxed and it is soooooo smooth. Good job EA!

Why did they release before they......................released it?

If you mean why did they put it on their FTP before they officially released it, then who knows? You'd have to ask EA. It's possibly that this is a beta version of the Opening Day patch and they had asked some people to test it and gave them a link to the file on the FTP. Someone stumbled across it and decided to post it on the forums.

That's my guess, anyway.

Look, fellas, I am not trying to say anything to start a fuss when talking about the support ea has shown this game. Its just that I have played all the games made this year and once again, mvp(pc) is da bomb! 2k(bs) is so buggy that its almost unplayable and while mlb is good, it freezes occasionaly and lacks the cool mods that are available to this community. Besides, it sounds like from these posts that the latest "support" for mvp has fixed the studdering for most of us. I think ea has done a good job with this game and the patches (or rosters or what ever you want to call it). Say, would we rather them not fix the issue?

I have a slight problem, as well. For some reason, my computer will not allow me to bring up the contents of CD 1 (whenever I right-click to open the contents, the My Computer page freezes and I have to close it through the Task Manager). Therefore, I cannot get the default database from the disc and can't install the patch. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry, Filthy, I skipped past this.

Try doing it through MS-DOS. The actual database files are inside a .zip file, so you'll need a DOS-compatible ZIP extractor. PKUNZIP.EXE should work fine.

Or, if you just want to open the .zip file from the CD (CD 1), go to Start, then Run, and type the following:

X:compressed.zip

Where X is the drive letter of the drive the CD is in. This will open the .zip file using whatever program you have it set to open in. You should then be able to extract the files you need into the appropriate directories.

This patch is definately not ready for real release.

I can't even change the refresh rate in the game anymore. MVP bumps my monitor into user mode, which runs at 60Hz. Changing it in Windows does nothing, as when I go back into MVP, it's 60Hz.

My Desktop is set to 85Hz. And this is what the game ran it before the patch.

for some reason I still can't install the patch. I've used my backup database files as well as unzipped the compress file located on cd 1 ( it didn't have a database subfolder, just a data folder )

any help?

EDIT: it says it's missing the mvp2005.exe. Which is prolly cuz I play with a no-cd exe. Nevermind then.

I can't even change the refresh rate in the game anymore. MVP bumps my monitor into user mode, which runs at 60Hz. Changing it in Windows does nothing, as when I go back into MVP, it's 60Hz.

What kind of graphics card do you have? If it is a Nvidia Geforce, its not the patch, it is the drivers for the card. You need to download a program to fix this. I recommend Riva Tuner, you can get it at Guru3d.com.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163

i dont see in the game where you can change refresh rate?

where you seeing this at?

Hmm... my impression after 1 game with the patch.

1) No stuttering!!!!! Due to this pitching and hitting are much smoother for me.

2) Did they slow the outfielders down? I thought the OF was VERY fast in the old version, so I had slowed them down with sliders (-18 OF speed). I was getting very realistic results with that. The game I just finished had 4 triples; 1 by me and 3 by my opponent. My opponent and I also had 4 doubles a piece. We were playing in Coors though, so it my have been due to the big ballpark. I'm keeping my eye on this though.

3) I had seen elsewhere that someone thought the ball was bouncing truer off the wall. I didn't see it. Still seemed to me that the ball was hitting off of a metal post and shooting out in a random direction.

Overall... nice job by EA fixing the stuttering. Makes the game so much more enjoyable.

BTW: I tried to go get the 'official patch' and it site timed out. I'll be interested to see if it installs over the 'unofficial version'.

Sorry, I have no solutions for anyone, in case the game runs superfast, or still experience stuttering, BUT I need to say this: The game couldnt run any smoother now, ervery little issue I had, is fixed, gone. I can truly enjoy this now, especially my DYNASTY. Thx for this patch 8)

WOW!! Not only is the stuttering gone but my game is running in TURBO mode! Everything is so fast now... I have my refresh set at 100hz in 1024*768 everything maxed out...I will try at 60 to see what happens. Anybody seeing the superfast game with this patch.. sorry did not read the whole post just in case it has been mentioned.

Archived