New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

If you set your monitor refresh rate down to 60mhz, it will cap it at 60 fps and it will look smooth. It will just give you an ever-lovin headache.

60 mhz is not an option. Update i downclocked my video card to playable levels and players in outfield have normal speed! IT WORKED FOR ME IT CAN WORK FOR YOU.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you set your monitor refresh rate down to 60mhz, it will cap it at 60 fps and it will look smooth. It will just give you an ever-lovin headache.

Damn straight on that. Im running at 85 and some of the action seems a little sped up but nothing crazy. No way anyone should be made to play at 60.. Talk about torture.

welp i had the ati omega drivers and i couldnt find any settings options to check the vsync...so i uninstaleld the omega drivers and reinstalled the stock ati drivers and now the game runs beautiful...no shuttering at all...Thanks EA!!!

jasonbr123,

EA has mentioned before that the game was supposed to run at a steady 60fps, so your comment about the possibility of this being a refresh rate issue sounds very feasible.

Please, those having probs with your game now looking 'too fast', go ahead and change your refresh rate to a value between 60-75Hz and report back. If possible, try the game both at 60Hz and at 75Hz, so that you can have a better basis for comparison.

Downclocking the video card seems to work for now until a better solution is developed. heh leave it to EA to fix one thing and mess another up. Dont they test there software before they release it? I guess not. Anyways good luck i am going to bed.

teryglenn1,

There are way too many factors out there that need to be taken into account. I think that, though you're right about 'EA fixing something by breaking something else' is accurate, a whole lot of people will receive this new patch as a great thing and not as a maligned solution.

I will try Radlinking again as well. See if theres a difference.

Here's a fix for the refresh rate in case some of you don't know. Goto Start->Run->Type - dxdiag, click on more help->overide->Then put in your overide value (max your monitor can do at the refresh rate you want to use) Click ok and exit. No need for any refresh rate Lock programs. This might only to work for ATI videocards btw.

Doby12,

That's really weird.

Make sure you have VSync ON on both the game and the video driver settings (double-check). Also, make sure that you're using the highest refresh rate supported by your video card, check that you're running the game at 1280x1024 (or the highest res supported by your monitor) and lastly, make sure that you're running the game with both Anti-Aliasing and Aniso Filtering at least @ 4x each.

If you have a relatively high-end system with a late-generation videocard, these settings should help you for sure.

Hey H, how do I fool around with that "Anti-Aliasing and Aniso Filtering" stuff? And whats VSync and where do I go to see if it is on? Thanks

Well, I'm bumming. I fixed my datafile back to the stock one and the patch installed without any problems according to the confirmation, but when I go to start the game and it shows the status bar going from left to right, it gets about a third of the way and the screen flashes and shoots me back to the desktop, even scrambling my desktop icons and has a Window error message asking if I want to report it to Microsoft.

Anyways, I have Windows XP Pro, P4 2.4 Ghz with 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro with latest drivers and all the options where they should be. I havent had this problem before whatsoever with MVP2k5. In fact, my software always runs flawlessly. So, it must be something to do with the mods I have done. I have installed most Stadium Mods, the global Uniform mod, updated rosters. Just the easy to do stuff as I am not literate with the modding programs.

So, anyone else having this issue, where the game freezes during loading and shoots you back to the desktop? Any suggestions. I have tried it 5 times now with same results. Only once did it scamble my desktop icons though.

Well, I'm bumming. I fixed my datafile back to the stock one and the patch installed without any problems according to the confirmation, but when I go to start the game and it shows the status bar going from left to right, it gets about a third of the way and the screen flashes and shoots me back to the desktop, even scrambling my desktop icons and has a Window error message asking if I want to report it to Microsoft.

Well, you didn't need to do anything with your 'datafile', you needed to replace your /database folder. If you are having problems right at the start like that I'd suggest two things.

1) reinstall video drivers.

2) reinstall game.

Reinstalling the game really isn't as traumatic as some will lead you to believe. Just back up everything that you modded, generally: models.big, initstaz.big, and any datafiles, also backup your /database folder, and your season saves in My Documents. Then re-install. Run the game stock to make sure it works, then one-by-one move the backups back into place, testing in between. If the game crashes on you at any point, you know the culprit.

I use Norton Internet Security. At about 3/4 the load screen MVP checks for net access. If your file has changed, which with a patch it will, it will be blocked. Disable your firewall and try. Then just add the new MVP file to your allowed programs if that works.

Hilltopper3339,

You won't loose any stadiums, unis, etc.

The ONLY folder you need to replace with the original files is this: DATADATABASE.

That's it... when you replace that whole folder with the original files, the patch installation will go through and you'll be ready to enjoy a stutter-free game.

A word of advice, though... before doing it, save your current roster settings with MVPEdit via a .mbe file. As soon as you install the patch, simply go ahead and load that .mbe and import it back to the game.

i forgot to do that and patch stil install succesfully.

i had a updated roster mod i download.

i tought you cant install a patch on an updated mod roster..but it work

**My expierience with the new patch**

I have a x800Pro. I run at 75Hz for all my games. No vsync. I installed the new patch and it was doing the fast thing. I enabled vsync at 75hz. Still just a little too fast. Then I went down to 60Hz and vsync. It is running at the right speed now with no stuttering. So, all you ATI guys should try that. Its probably been said before in this topic, but I'm saying it again. Now all we need is a fix from ATI to get rid of the scramble crap.

Archived