New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to share that I am having the same problem as cocobee

I got an error message that

"Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match. "

When I move the patch error screen I see it was trying to process datadatabaseattrib.dat

can anybody help. I don't think I have the original roster files anymore. Is there any way I can get them off the CD easily and will this help?

I don't see the "roster files on disc 1"

yea what is up wit hthe speed....the game and menu options are playing like the game is on speed or something lol...

Enable vsync in the game. (Its in the video options, I believe.) Make sure your video card software has vsync "on" or "application controled".

can anybody help. I don't think I have the original roster files anymore. Is there any way I can get them off the CD easily and will this help?

I don't see the "roster files on disc 1"

What is it with people NOT READING the whole instructions posted in the thread???

For the gizillionth time... check your CD #1. There's a file named 'compressed.zip' that contains ALL THE ORIGINAL FILES OF THE GAME. From that file, extract and replace ONLY the DATADATABASE folder.

:)... I hope this was clear enough for you to understand the whole procedure now.

big d723,

That option is in every set of ATI drivers, no matter if they are the standard one, the Omega ones, the DNA ones.

Check under your '3D' tab... the VSync option is there once you choose to use 'custom' options and you click on the 'custom' button.

Doby12,

That's really weird.

Make sure you have VSync ON on both the game and the video driver settings (double-check). Also, make sure that you're using the highest refresh rate supported by your video card, check that you're running the game at 1280x1024 (or the highest res supported by your monitor) and lastly, make sure that you're running the game with both Anti-Aliasing and Aniso Filtering at least @ 4x each.

If you have a relatively high-end system with a late-generation videocard, these settings should help you for sure.

Doby12,

That's really weird.

Make sure you have VSync ON on both the game and the video driver settings (double-check). Also, make sure that you're using the highest refresh rate supported by your video card, check that you're running the game at 1280x1024 (or the highest res supported by your monitor) and lastly, make sure that you're running the game with both Anti-Aliasing and Aniso Filtering at least @ 4x each.

If you have a relatively high-end system with a late-generation videocard, these settings should help you for sure.

I'll try...BRB

This patch makes the game run silky smooth now, no more seeing homeruns as the ball skips across the screen or throwing from the outfield and watching the same thing. Just a side note, to make things easier you can always create a folder and save a copy of the stock rosters for the game, makes it much easier for patches and whatnot, only copy and pasting needed.

I have a 9800 PRO Latest drivers.

When ball goes into outfield is only time players move way to fast!

i have vsync on, FSAA @ 8x Anistropic @ 16x max res.

however batting and pitching seem to be at normal speed. Strange

I'm experiencing the same.

I think the problem with the game running too fast is that some people have higher refresh rates set, and that's what v-sync does, is tries to cap the frames per second at the selected refresh rate. If you are running at 100mhz refresh rate, it will run at 100 fps if it's possible and will make it look like it's on crack. If you set your monitor refresh rate down to 60mhz, it will cap it at 60 fps and it will look smooth. It will just give you an ever-lovin headache.

Archived