New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hilltopper3339,

You won't loose any stadiums, unis, etc.

The ONLY folder you need to replace with the original files is this: DATADATABASE.

That's it... when you replace that whole folder with the original files, the patch installation will go through and you'll be ready to enjoy a stutter-free game.

A word of advice, though... before doing it, save your current roster settings with MVPEdit via a .mbe file. As soon as you install the patch, simply go ahead and load that .mbe and import it back to the game.

Ok, I'm completely confused now. Do I have to put in Disc 1 to find the other file? Can someone give me a simplified explanation on how to install this? I too want to see the beauty of smooth gameplay.

Hilltopper put cd1 into your cd rom right then click "start" "My Computer"and in my computer you will see the MVP logo,right click on it and go down to open,once u opened it you'll see the zip folder.

Hilltopper3339,

Check CD # 1, inside of a file named 'compressed.zip'.

Just open that .zip, extract ONLY the DATADATABASE folder to where your installation of MVP 2005 is currently located so that it can replace the contents with the original file.

Then, run patch #2 and voila!

I downloaded the SUPPOSED "New PATCH".....what exactly is so different about THIS PATCH???

NO MORE FREAKING STUTTERING... THAT'S WHAT'S NEW... CAN'T YOU READ!?!?!? (damn it!).

If you just want to troll around here, go back to your shell and keep playing your ESPN MLB 2005 P.O.S. game.

CHILL THE HELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im looking for roster updates...first of all

second, what the hell is STUTTERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

R-E-A-D

I mentioned, in my first post of this thread, that the roster set is still dated 02/20 so I'm guessing there are no new changes to it.

No, once you install the patch, you can take CD #1 back to its box because you're all done :).

NO NO NO. Im sorry but I was asking if I need to extract that datafile from disc 1 to my mvp folder before I run the new patch? Why cant i just run the patch over whats already in the game?

Goldensuitcase,

What datafile??? you just need to replace the contents of the DATADATABASE folder... that's it. And why can't you run the patch over what's already in the game? EA requires that the 'database' files remain in their original condition to be able to install any new patch (yeah, I know, it's dumb, but hey, that's the way to do it).

telemudcat,

Enable VSync again and raise your resolution to the maximum supported by the videocard you're using... that should take care of the whole 'too fast' issue.

How fast are we talking?

Very verrrryyyyy fast. At least double the speed. Probably faster.

H,

I enabled vsynch both in the video card software and in the game, no avail. Tried "application controled" in the VC software, and on in the game, no avail. Playing at max resolution. I have a Nvida 6800GT. I'll play around some more.

H,

I enabled vsynch both in the video card software and in the game, no avail. Tried "application controled" in the VC software, and on in the game, no avail. Playing at max resolution. I have a Nvida 6800GT. I'll play around some more.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot when it comes to those Nvidia profiles. I fixed it. It was the vsynch. Thanks for the heads-up.

Yay! No more stu-stu-stu-stuttering!!!!

Archived