New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great!! I installed the patch and now I can actually stand to play the game on my system... the stutter is gone. Thanks to EA for patching this quickly and not making us wait any longer. Now I can see my job (I am a professional web-designer) suffering a few days as I get my "fix."

-Cowboy

Is anyones shimmering grass fixed?

Mine isn't...:(

adjust the af, to help w/ shimmering.

i think everyone here owes a big thanks to bigmeanpossum over at simcentral. he is the guy who actually documented everyone's specs and passed it on to someone he is aquainted w/ over at ea, this is the main reason it was patched so quickly if at all.

you can say thanks if you want here- http://forums.simcentral.net/forumdisplay.php?f=165

I downloaded it and got this error

"Old file not found.However a file of the same name was found. No update since the file contents do not match."

must be because of the patches/mods I've installed--is there a way around this? 8O

Yes, this is because you installed database files (rosters). On cd1 there's a zip file called 'compressed'. When you open that, look for the files that are from the datadatabase folder and unzip those files in the similar folder on your hd.

If you want to keep your rosters, just back them up somewhere else first, and move them back when you installed the patches. :)

Are these speed problems also happening to people with Geforce cards?

I'm pretty sceptic about downloading the patch, even though no stuttering would be great, but if it messes up other thing inside the game then it's not worth the effort.

I just tried the patch and it's fine here. No speed increases, and it looks like the cap has been removed, becuase there is just a little more smoothness on the throws, for me anyway. I didn't have any real trouble to start with, anyway.

I'm using an 128MB ATI Radeon 9000 Pro card.

I'm still getting some speed increase issues, even with vsync on. I tried all different kinds of refresh rates from 75 to 120. So far 6xaa 16xaf, vsynce on, with a 100hz refresh rate seems to work the best. But I'm still getting speed increases on replays and fielding animation in the outfield. Stuttering is gone though :)

Yes, this is because you installed database files (rosters). On cd1 there's a zip file called 'compressed'. When you open that, look for the files that are from the datadatabase folder and unzip those files in the similar folder on your hd.

If you want to keep your rosters, just back them up somewhere else first, and move them back when you installed the patches. :)

Thanks bro, I got it working. BTW-anyone a little upset that EA hasn't made this game in 1600x1200 yet? I know Live came out of the box not being able to use the 1600x1200, but they patched it.

Okay guys, this is my first game on the PC so i'm new to this whole patch thing. Once I DL the patch, where do I need to put it or . . . **** I dunno. Any got some help for me. I've done the whole put the original database folder back, i just need help with the patch.

Thanks.

Okay guys, this is my first game on the PC so i'm new to this whole patch thing. Once I DL the patch, where do I need to put it or . . . [naughty word] I dunno. Any got some help for me. I've done the whole put the original database folder back, i just need help with the patch.

Thanks.

it's a self installer. Just run it and it should install itself to the correct location.

oxbay: Just right click the .rar and select "open here", then you will see the patch.exe. Just left click it and away you go.

The patch eliminates the stutters on my game, but it does seem to speed up the animations of the outfielders and the speed that the ball is thrown. One other thing I noticed is that in the pre-patched game, if a ball was hit foul and a fielder went for it, he ran reeaaaallllll slooooowwww to catch the ball. Now, they ran a lot faster to get to the ball.

I experienced the "everything is too fast" effect when I first fired up the game after installing the patch. But when I jacked my AA from 2xQ to 8xS, it slowed things down considerably. I now have AA at 8xS, AF at 16x, vsynch on, refresh at 85Hz, 1280x1024 with all settings on and maxed within the game. I have to say that the game is running very well, but it looks like I need to work on my pitch timing due to the meter running a tad bit faster.

Good job, and thanks! EA. :D:D:D

ez

I experienced the "everything is too fast" effect when I first fired up the game after installing the patch. But when I jacked my AA from 2xQ to 8xS, it slowed things down considerably. I now have AA at 8xS, AF at 16x, vsynch on, refresh at 85Hz, 1280x1024 with all settings on and maxed within the game. I have to say that the game is running very well, but it looks like I need to work on my pitch timing due to the meter running a tad bit faster.

ez

According to your sig, we have the same video card....have you tried setting vsync in the Nvidia display properties to "application controlled", and then "on" inside the game itself? You really shouldnt have to jack up the AA & AF to just slow the game down (although it's cool you can do that!) If you have it set right, there shouldnt be anything that's sped up.

According to your sig, we have the same video card....have you tried setting vsync in the Nvidia display properties to "application controlled", and then "on" inside the game itself? You really shouldnt have to jack up the AA & AF to just slow the game down (although it's cool you can do that!) If you have it set right, there shouldnt be anything that's sped up.

I added MVP 2005 in the Nvidia Display Properties, and now can specifically customize that game alone. I have vsynch turned on in Display Props as well as within the game. I tried all sorts of options "except" the application contolled AA and AF. I'm at work now, but will try it when I get home later today.

ez

anyone try the new patch and then apply the no-cd after?? i hate having to remember to bring my cd to and from work, i play mvp on my laptop on the train(i'm a junkie), so i like the crack for ease of use. i once forgot my disc in my desk and couldn't play at home. :cry:

Archived