New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doby12,

There's got to be something else then... maybe it's the patch, but I doubt it.

Why? well because I've run the game on all of my 3 PCs and I'm not getting any of this 'too fast' issue once I set up the videocard settings to the previously mentioned settings. My PCs and videocards range from low-end to mid-range to high-end.

just an observation on the whole bringing back the original roster then repatching then replacing the rosters back to what you had them.

While getting the original rosters back from the CD was a little confusing (thank you THE H for your time and patience) and I realize the rest is easy copying and repasting but I wanted to share my experience as I'm not really sure how the patch program works and why this seemed to work out the way it did.

I originally extracted the original database file into data->database->data->database by mistake (which of course left my modified rosters alone and created a new file folder inside my data->database file with the original rosters in them) then tried to install the patch it WORKED. It wasn't until I started playing the game that I noticed Barry Bonds was still there and was not Jim Dowd and hence my roster files weren't gone. When I went back I realized what I had done, but the patch did seem to work. i didn't realize how slow the game was before and now it is much more smooth.

OBVIOUSLY, this isnt great if the patch was updating the files inside database, but seems how it doesn't seem to have any impact it is an avenue some of you may want to look into. (or not) I would still probably recommend the right way of changing the files then changing them back, as I did later, but I figured I would share in my 3 AM half-asleep finding. (yes I am a MVP Junkie)

erichardman,

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that it was quite possible that EA not only fixed the stuttering issue by getting rid of the FPS cap but that they also most likely had messed around with some other stuff too.

Both Patch #1 and Patch #2 still have all the fake MINOR LEAGUERS (i.e. -- Cory Yip)................ WHY????????????????!

And it will most likely remain that way throughout all the future patches too... just forget about it and grab one of the upcoming roster sets available here.

Both Patch #1 and Patch #2 still have all the fake MINOR LEAGUERS (i.e. -- Cory Yip)................ WHY????????????????!

This is probably because only players who are members of the MLB Players Association (MLBPA) can appear in games. In order to be considered a member, a player must appear in 1 major league game. That's why Kaz Matsui of the Mets did not appear in the original MVP2004 rosters last year when the game was released before the MLB season started.

This same logic applies for those minor leaguers who have not appeared in a major league game yet.

j34beez,

I said 'upcoming' :)... there are a couple of roster projects that will include all real minor leaguers, but doing such a task takes some time and effort.

Don't worry, they'll be out there soon after the real season starts.

Just to share my experience...

I have a flashed x800Pro (16 pipes) on a fast system (FX-53/10KSATA RAID0/ETC). I was having massive stuttering from the get-go. Boosted the AA and AF to 6x and 16X and had to underclock the pee-waddy out of my card (200/250) to get a 'playable stutter'. Installed the patch and still run 6X/16X @ 1280X1024-32 with the Vsync ON. NO "fast forward" play or speed ups of anykind. I can actually run my card without the underclock as well. Best of all ...SMOOTH AS SILK!

ME = 1 happy camper

erichardman,

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that it was quite possible that EA not only fixed the stuttering issue by getting rid of the FPS cap but that they also most likely had messed around with some other stuff too.

You're right. It's not just a roster update I'm positive of that. Wish I would have taken a screenshot this morning after I played my first game this morning before work. I could have proven it if I would have. At work now so I can't but I'll take a screenie to post tomorrow if I see it happen again. Bowling tonight or I would do it tonight.

I must say that I am very impressed with the support ea has shown with this game. Season has'nt even started yet and we have two official updates. We should probably visit the web site for the game and express appreciation :wink: . Does anyone know of another baseball game on the market that gets this much support?

We should probably visit the web site for the game and express appreciation

I thought about that too, but then "technically" it really hasn't been released yet to the public so I don't think we should. They'll say "How did you get it?" And we'll all get told we shouldn't have gone to that FTP site.

Just guessing though. I think we should lay low until it's "officially" announced and released.

I'm still getting some speed increase issues, even with vsync on. I tried all different kinds of refresh rates from 75 to 120. So far 6xaa 16xaf, vsynce on, with a 100hz refresh rate seems to work the best. But I'm still getting speed increases on replays and fielding animation in the outfield. Stuttering is gone though :)

Try 60Hz

I have installed the patch and am seeing similar results to Doby.

Before I had the resolution at 1280 and 85 hz refresh and was running 4xAA/16x AF, VSync off in the game and App controlled in the video card Control Panel

I had the usual stuttering on x-diamnd throws although the game was playablre to me and I never checked FPS.

After the patch I had the "Keystone Kops" fast-forward effect and the pitches were just smokin over the plate and the runners, the IF and the OF were just zinging around although the stuttering is gone and the game seems a lot smoother and fluid. I enabled VSync in game, left CP to App Pref and even increased AA to 8xSS with 16x AF

The pitching and IF play has slowed to normal, smooth as silk but the OF still do the fast-fast routine.

I haven't chked FPS and will play it the way it is but the OF speed is messed up.

Mike G

I have a slight problem, as well. For some reason, my computer will not allow me to bring up the contents of CD 1 (whenever I right-click to open the contents, the My Computer page freezes and I have to close it through the Task Manager). Therefore, I cannot get the default database from the disc and can't install the patch. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I must say that I am very impressed with the support ea has shown with this game. Season has'nt even started yet and we have two official updates. We should probably visit the web site for the game and express appreciation :wink: . Does anyone know of another baseball game on the market that gets this much support?

I have already shown my "appreciation" by spending my hard earned money on the game. How about EA show me some appreciation by releasing a game that is playable, without the stuttering issue. The way I see it, releasing this patch is not above and beyond the call of duty. Other games don't need this kind of support because they are not this screwed up when they hit store shelves.

No - EA will get no appreciation from me. That is of course, until I shell out $50 to buy Madden in a couple of months.

HP

Archived