New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoernIII,

I thought you had thrown out your MVP discs... :roll:.

after two beers i got clear in my head :wink: so i save the disc...

...because the game and the sport themself is to great, so i can

wait some time for a great performance, tipps or patches. now

the game runs very good now. i have the right slider. after the

new patch, the game runs good. the only thing is the game sometime

to fast i thing...

after two beers i got clear in my head :wink: so i save the disc...

...because the game and the sport themself is to great, so i can

wait some time for a great performance, tipps or patches. now

the game runs very good now. i have the right slider. after the

new patch, the game runs good. the only thing is the game sometime

to fast i thing...

In other words:

He didn't throw out the discs.

This thread took some time going through! 8O

Patched worked great for me. I installed the original database, ran the patch, reinstalled my original data base, perfect, except for one thing.

My menu screen in game has changed. It is more lateral than before. What I mean is that it is stretched . It does not show in my preview pic but I artistically drew in yellow to show where the screen has moved in game. I've lost some from the sides and it move to the top and bottom of my menu screen cause things to stretch a bit. If that makes any sense.

menuscreen2wh.jpg

What the heck happened. I don't know much but my guess is that my resoulution changed in my menu screens but everything else in game is fine and is the same.

Its driving me nuts, it give me a headache to look at it. Does anyone know what has happened or what I should look at cause I'm an idiot. :D

This thread took some time going through! 8O

Patched worked great for me. I installed the original database, ran the patch, reinstalled my original data base, perfect, except for one thing.

My menu screen in game has changed. It is more lateral than before. What I mean is that it is stretched . It does not show in my preview pic but I artistically drew in yellow to show where the screen has moved in game. I've lost some from the sides and it move to the top and bottom of my menu screen cause things to stretch a bit. If that makes any sense.

menuscreen2wh.jpg

What the heck happened. I don't know much but my guess is that my resoulution changed in my menu screens but everything else in game is fine and is the same.

Its driving me nuts, it give me a headache to look at it. Does anyone know what has happened or what I should look at cause I'm an idiot. :D

I...

don't have the slightest idea of what you're talking about. The pic made me laugh, though. :D:lol: :lol:

Spitoon is right. Just to piggyback on. I had the exact same problem and had to dig into the advanced property settings of my ATI9800 to get V-Sync to work properly. You can get it to work, I've now helped 3 of my firends getting theirs going. Maybe you need to read a little more about your driver settings from the video card company before screaming here.

my friend, i can assure you i know more about driver settings than you could ever hope to learn, but it is not a pissing contest i seek here, its solutions to a very real problem many people are having with my favorite game in the world.

now, once again, let me be as clear as i can: THE GODDAMN V SYNC IS ON, BOTH AT DRIVER LEVEL AND IN GAME

and it is still way, way too fast to be playable. or, it was. the game runs perfect now, completely reinstalled with the first patch only. i will continue to monitor this thread to see if there are any real solutions other than everyone telling me to enable v sync, like i'm some f'n gaming rookie that doesn't know his memory clock speed from his anisotropic filtering setting. thank you spitoon. you, at least, were trying to actually troubleshoot the problem...

I suck at explaining things.

In my menu screens in MLB 2005 it use to be full screen. Now, on each side there is black (not full sceen) but the picture is longer now, making it seem stretched.

In the picture, the right and left of the yellow lines is black. But now there is no black on the top and bottom, making it longer and stretched.

Crap, I really don't think I helped much did I. :o

my friend, i can assure you i know more about driver settings than you could ever hope to learn, but it is not a pissing contest i seek here, its solutions to a very real problem many people are having with my favorite game in the world.

now, once again, let me be as clear as i can: THE GODDAMN V SYNC IS ON, BOTH AT DRIVER LEVEL AND IN GAME

and it is still way, way too fast to be playable. or, it was. the game runs perfect now, completely reinstalled with the first patch only. i will continue to monitor this thread to see if there are any real solutions other than everyone telling me to enable v sync, like i'm some f'n gaming rookie that doesn't know his memory clock speed from his anisotropic filtering setting. thank you spitoon. you, at least, were trying to actually troubleshoot the problem...

I've seen this a few times now and it seems that the patch has created another problem for high end systems.

From what you've said, I believe you are doing everything right. It's too bad because it's ruining an excellent game for you.

Your computer is probably running the game at a different refresh rate than what it used to (and on my monitor, anyway, it causes the picture to be shifted and kind of shrunken). Just use the monitor's menus to get the image to fit your screen.

I tried adjusting the refresh rate but to no success. :(

Its weird, its only in the menu. I'll keep messing around with it until I screw things up so I can't play at all. :D

Thanks for the help though.

well it certainly SEEMS like 300fps, but i have no way of quantifying it. i agree with what you say and i understand completely what you're talking about, but what i am seeing is unmistakable. it must be 85 fps then. the problem though is that i run games like ut2004 in excess of this fps and those games are completely playable

this damn game is unplayable, and v sync is on. anyway it doesn't matter, because i've just uninstalled the game. i am currently defragging my hd and will then reinstall the game, all of the mods, and patch NUMBER ONE!!!!!!

i would rather be able to play the game and live with slight stutter than the alternative

What video card and driver version are you using? I'm only asking because v-sync is definitely not on as the previous guy posted. I get 350 FPS with my 6800 GT if I turn v-sync off and the game is like a Quake timedemo. Once I enabled v-sync in the drivers and the game it maxes out at 60 fps and works fine. You can go download FRAPS to tell you the FPS of any D3D game. Good luck.

I tried adjusting the refresh rate but to no success. :(

Its weird, its only in the menu. I'll keep messing around with it until I screw things up so I can't play at all. :D

Thanks for the help though.

the menu runs at 800x600, so if you have vsync on in windows and in mvp, you are more than likely running at 800x600@60hz, and then at 1280x1024@60hz in game. all you need to do when the game loads is to adjust the screen with the controls on the monitor itself to center the picture. it has nothing to do with windows or mvp or a patch.

the menu runs at 800x600, so if you have vsync on in windows and in mvp, you are more than likely running at 800x600@60hz, and then at 1280x1024@60hz in game. all you need to do when the game loads is to adjust the screen with the controls on the monitor itself to center the picture. it has nothing to do with windows or mvp or a patch.

It has everything to do with the patch since it worked just fine before the patch! I managed to get my game back to normal with the patch by using a program called RefreshForce, but again, this didn't happen before the patch.

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

It has everything to do with the patch since it worked just fine before the patch! I managed to get my game back to normal with the patch by using a program called RefreshForce, but again, this didn't happen before the patch.

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

it's your monitors settings that are affected when the refresh rate is changed at a given resolution. it has nothing to do with patch 1 or 2 or windows for that matter. it's the hardware's settings.

i'm talking about his problem, supposed screen shrinkage. the choppiness/stuttering/etc., now that will be changed with the patch but again, the position of the actual picture has only to do with the monitor (in most cases).

I've set my refresh rate at 85 hz and seems like the game plays a bit smoother now, it's still stutters, but not as bad as before. Dunno if the patch fixed it or if it's just my new refresh rate.

anyhow, the game looks great and I can deal with the minor stuttering.

Go into options and Video options and make sure V-sync is turned on, it's the last option. If not the game is going to be running like mad. I get like 350 FPS now if I have it disabled lol.

I said my vsync was on. It doesn't change anything. My computers fast, but not THAT fast.

I have a high end system AMD 64 3800 & a Radeon 9800XT and the game runs smooth as silk. I just use Radeonator Locker to lock the refresh rates and go into the advanced properties and turn on V-Sync and it's perfect. If I don't select V-Sync in the advanced properties then yes....the game runs at 400 miles per hour.

Archived