New Patch!!! Confirmed!

timzeig

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just downloaded it, haven't installed it yet. It's ~6MB, so there is some 'substance' to it.

Interesting that it's not available through the "Downloads" section on the MVP 2005 page...maybe they are getting ready to officially release it?

Well, my first report about this new patch is this:

1) Rosters are still dated 02/20.

2) NO MORE STUTTERING OF ANY KIND IN MY GAME!!! I'm playing in a really high-end PC and it used to stutter with throws accross the infield and some throws from the outfield but now... NONE... ZERO... NO MORE STUTTERING!!! :D!!! :D!!! :D!!!

I'm really surprised EA took care of this issue so quickly...kudos to them!

Guest McCovey521

Kind of odd releasing a patch without a readme file attached. Hopefully it will fix the shimmering grass. I have a Radeon X800XL 256 meg Vid Card, (one of the best cards out) and it still has that grass problem.

spitoon,

Yeah, it was uploaded at 10PM tonight, so I'm sure it's about to be officially announced.

McCovey521,

They never release their patches (at least for MVP) as a .exe file. I'm sure the 'official' release will come, as always, in a .zip flavor and will include either release notes or a readme file.

I downloaded it and got this error

"Old file not found.However a file of the same name was found. No update since the file contents do not match."

must be because of the patches/mods I've installed--is there a way around this? 8O

2) NO MORE STUTTERING OF ANY KIND IN MY GAME!!! I'm playing in a really high-end PC and it used to stutter with throws accross the infield and some throws from the outfield but now... NONE... ZERO... NO MORE STUTTERING!!! Very Happy!!! Very Happy!!! Very Happy!!!

GOD YES!!! Patching it up right now!

They have removed the FPS cap.

Menus seem to flip along much faster as a result.

Those of you with high end machines may want to look at enabling Vsync so it doesn't run too fast. Someone on another board felt that it was running in 'fast-forward' on his high end machine.

Although the choppiness was minor for me, it has smoothed it out completely.

The H,

If I recall, the last few MVP patches (2004, and 2005) were released as .exe's with descriptions coming via the web page.

I downloaded it and got this error

"Old file not found.However a file of the same name was found. No update since the file contents do not match."

must be because of the patches/mods I've installed--is there a way around this? 8O

ditto for Hilltopper

Rename your existing /database folder to /BACKUPdatabase (or whatever you want), copy and paste the stock one from the CD#1 (you have to uncompress "compressed.zip" to find it). Run the patch, then delete the stock database folder and re-rename the /BACKUPdatabase one to /database again.

The H,

If I recall, the last few MVP patches (2004, and 2005) were released as .exe's with descriptions coming via the web page.

Well, I've just checked and the patch #1 for MVP 2005 I downloaded came packed as a .zip.

Anyway, that's not important now... all that matters now is that the game runs F*UCKING SWEET! :D!!!

Can someone explain how to do this in detail? I don't want to lose all of my stadiums, settings, saved games, etc. I only saw a "data" folder from disc 1. Do I copy that over? and if so, does it change anything?

replace the database folder from disc 1

Archived