New MLB Logos

Yammer

Well coming from the nhl series where myself and a boatload of mod makers there have come up with realistic looking logos on the jerseys we create.

After walking through the mall today and seeing MLB pro jerseys having stitched on logos, I figure that these "high res" or 2x jerseys really aren't all they can be without a decent looking logo. So what I am going to do is make all the teams logos appear to be stitched and release them as a pack. Anyone wanting to use them can. Credit or not I don't care. But I seriously think that if you are going to put effort into a jersey update, why not concentrate on the most noticable part?

I'll give you guys a preview of what I am talking about once I find the disk that has them on it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, yammer bringing talents over, i look forward to it

Ok hows this? Keep in mind I whipped this up in 5 minutes. I kid you not. The songs that played as I made it was "Bad Day- Fuel and Firestarter- Prodigy (with more than half of that song still to play)"

Original

NYM_1234.gif

Mine

Mets%20Logo.gif

Ok hows this? Keep in mind I whipped this up in 5 minutes. I kid you not. The songs that played as I made it was "Bad Day- Fuel and Firestarter- Prodigy (with more than half of that song still to play)"

Original

NYM_1234.gif

Mine

Mets%20Logo.gif

That's a different technique than what I used for my logos, but it still looks awesome nonetheless. Are you using actual pictures as a guide for this, or are you just using different effects where you think they should be used?

The logos wont be as large as the mets one I showed. Reason is once you resize it to fit the jersey, the texture disappears. So the logos will be close to the actual size for the 2x jerseys.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'll make them a decent size that will retain the look.

Great job, yammer. I commend your creativity. I could do this on photoshop but not originally. I would suggest you put up a website for these logos, and take on chris creamer (www.sportslogos.net)

Keep up the good work. I'm bound to use them in my uniform editing.

Archived