New MLB Logos

Yammer

I know this isn't a baseball preview, but it shows you what the logos WILL look like in game. We got the idea for nhl 2005 and now the jerseys look so much more realistic. This screenshot is from a guy named Phil09 at DMD. It's his jersey and it showcases the logo nicely.

4thf-ingame01.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get it... logo looks great but on a jersey it will loose the effect or the effect will make the logo look worse, i want to see them in action.

Good point, I used a technique similar to this (but possibly not as labor-intensive), and I've been noticing that the texture effect has been greatly diminished after resizing the logos to fit their respective parts of the jersey (especially on cap logos and sleeve patches). Some logos will keep some of the information (when I post the Phillies, you'll probably see my best-looking logos), but others will just keep the bevel/shade/shadow/highlight effects while completely obscuring the tackle twill and embroidery effects. Still, they look damn purdy nonetheless ;)

they probably need to be done smaller, or else they will "melt" as they are shrunken down to correct size. another option i have found is to search for actual embroidered patch images that are small enough (yet large enough) to hold their texture when being resized.

I'm very please how this logo turned out.

Angels.gif

I'm sorry, but I just don't understand how one will be able to tell the difference between this logo and the original, as it occupies such a small portion of the player uniform within the game..

Looks good Yammer. Anyone know how big you can make the uniforms before the game crashes? 128x128 is factory specs. Is 256x256 possible or even better, 512x512?

1024x1024 looks sick in NHL 2005 but I have no idea for MLB2005 since I'm new to this game this year.

Numbers and haven't always gotten along. But I'll make a deal with someone.... if they can get me an owner sav file from stratch (meaning nothing bought or changed from day 1) for a few teams (I dont really have a favourite team and have trouble sticking with one) I'll make them a full uni update

Archived