Your own custom face to put in the game...

xcapitanhookx

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent mine in.

I'm trying to just place my pic over Jenkins pic with fshed and damnit.... it wont accept. Says stream error. My pic is in 16bit bmp format same as the one I am trying to overwrite

try this:

1.open the bmp in photoshop

2.save it as a jpeg

3.open that jpeg in EA Graphics Editor

4.then save it as a bmp from there

5.now FSHed should accept it

I had the same problem at first, I was just messing around and I was like WTF? See if that works.

and when I actually go into the game, the face isnt there. I tried running it with a batch file and that didnt seem to work.

Then I used biggui and again... that didnt seem to work either

Ok wtf...... I downloaded SD's Bonds cyber. I used mvpedit to change the face number to 607 and it showed up.... and I have to use biggui to import his.

Got it in but now it crashes. I hate this ******* game

Still crashing. I dont understand this at all.

I extract a fsh file. I import my face as a png and eagraph accepts it. I ran a batch that works (because the fsh file was compressed and it wouldnt work until I made it uncompressed) and the face showed up in mvpedit. Ok, so I go into game and the edit player screen to check and the game crashes. Not on any other player.... just mine.

Yammer, I got the same issue as you. In MVPedit, I got it to where I would see my cyber face. Then when I went into the game, to check on my guy, it freezes up. And then it crashes.

So if someone can help point us in the right direction, then you will be killing two birds with one stone.

Thanks

When I run the installer that Cocobee gave me, it says....

Fatal Error..

Couldnt open packfile /data/models.big

Succesful!

Press any key to continue....

So that is my problem. Just to give a few more details into maybe helping with a solution

When I run the installer that Cocobee gave me, it says....

Fatal Error..

Couldnt open packfile /data/models.big

Succesful!

Press any key to continue....

So that is my problem. Just to give a few more details into maybe helping with a solution

Hmmm..is the gfxpak in there too? and you extracted it to your program files/MVP2005 directory? It worked on mine-so I know it has to work. It sounds like you don't have the gfxpak in there too.

It takes about a minute to install. Sorry Xavier, hopefully, it'll work out.

BTW-here ya go Big Poppa, hope you like it.Sent it to you. Same instructions as the ones I gave Xavier. :wink: Sent you your cyberface and portrait.Enjoy.

BigpoppaMVP.jpg

I've read this tutorial and this guy doesnt know what the hell he is talking about. I've made my new face over Aubrey Huff's. I saved as a 32bit bmp (like it says) and still can't get it into fshed. Why the hell fshx wont work wit this goddamn game is beyond me.

I've now gotten to the point where I HAVE to make this work. It will drive me nuts until I finally get it working

save as 24 bit bmp file from photoshop, open the Aubrey Huff FSH file in FSHed, then OBJECT > IMPORT > NEW, choose your bmp, you want the setting that starts with 78h, it's the default on mine. Click UPDATE then make sure it reads 16 bpp, not 24 bpp. Then go to SAVE AS, save as the file number of the new face. I've had trouble installing faces with biggui for 2005, but batch files with gfxpak work, so put copies of the fsh, orl and ord for the player in the main folder, make sure they're all named right, copy a batch file from anyone's face installer kit, right-click, edit, change face numbers to yours, save. Then double-click on it, and if a dos screen opens and takes a minute or so telling you things and pausing, it probably worked. Remember to use mvpedit to give the player the correct face #.

EDIT: FSHx and all the others didn't work for me for 2005, but fshed did. I got hair down the middle of the face once when trying to update a 2004 face. I save the weirder mistakes in a folder named, "Monsters."

Are his eyes and nose where his ears should be? That's what happened to me. I was putting a 2005 fsh on a 2004 o file by accident.

I would start over, checking each step to see if you made an error there. I STINK at this part of it. Make sure the right ord and orl are with the right face, and start over doing it how I wrote before, and see if it works better.

EDIT and try to make sure the eyes, nose and mouth match up to the original as much as possible. I do this in photoshop by making the top layer 40 or 50 percent, so I can see both easily, matching them up, then putting the top layer up to between 80 and 95 per cent, depending. I always lay photos over the face, then play with it. Don't be afraid to stretch and squash to make it fit in terms of height and width.

yeah I know how to match them up... I've been making cybers all year.

Here is my cyber and the Huff one side by side

previewshots.jpg

I lined them up perfectly. Now my problem is that hair on the right side of the face. It was on Huff's when I extracted the image and now its on mine.

Here's your bone bro 8)

Send me a good frontal picture of yourself to cocorita4@yahoo.com

and I'll see what I can do. There's been a lot of cool people here that helped me out (since I'm still a newbie). So I'll pay it forward. :wink:

Trust me, having this in the game makes it even better.

Awesome - I will email you tonight when I get home from work.

Now that takes care of the cyberface but what about the in game picture of the player, you know the one that comes up next to the players stats when you come to bat, right now I just have a default one. I see all the face packs on the download screen, that is what Im talking bout...

Yammer,

did u extract from FSHed? I had that problem when I save a bmp from the fsh in EA Graphics Editor. But when I exported from FSHed it worked.

EDIT:Check your e-mail bro. I think I fixed it. :lol:

SpanishFly, I can make you a portrait from that picture-but not a cyberface.

djeagles11 & xcapitanhookx-just send me a good frontal picture and i can see what I can do. 8)

Xavier16, did u get the cyberface to work?

dude haha I just remembered I have a camera phone...Ill take my pic now and send it to you from my cell...

Ill take 3, one from each side and then a frontal picture...

Ah man, camera phone pictures aren't good for cyberfaces. I strongly suggest a digital camera picture.If you want quality. :wink:

Archived