Your own custom face to put in the game...

xcapitanhookx

Cocobee... is there anyway that you can give us the instructions on exactly how you are doing these cyberfaces.

The 'ol phrase is "Fish for a man, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and feed him for a lifetime."

What programs are you doing all this with? How are you converting photos into cyberfaces.

Maybe, just maybe, if it is not something earth changing difficult, myself and others can take a stab at it.

I tremendously appreciate the cyber face that you made for me, and am itching to do more faces, but don't want to bug you for them. You are taking enough orders as it is!

Thanks again man, for your huge contribution. The game is so much more fun oddly enough when it is personalized with your own self in the game!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Coco. :mrgreen:

By the way, can you make me a Ranger? :mrgreen:

-CB

sure, quick question CB.You got long hair right. I was gonna use Damon's headshape. Is that how the hat looks when you wear one? with your hair out and whatnot?

Cocobee... is there anyway that you can give us the instructions on exactly how you are doing these cyberfaces.

The 'ol phrase is "Fish for a man, feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and feed him for a lifetime."

What programs are you doing all this with? How are you converting photos into cyberfaces.

Maybe, just maybe, if it is not something earth changing difficult, myself and others can take a stab at it.

I tremendously appreciate the cyber face that you made for me, and am itching to do more faces, but don't want to bug you for them. You are taking enough orders as it is!

Sure I could, but directions and me aren't a good combination? But I can try. It's basically find a good headshape, get a good picture and line it up. I use a lot of layers. Headshapes is probably the hardest, most tedious thing--but probably the most important.

Actually, it might be a little more complex with fshed and all that. But 69Yanks tutorial is what I used --and trial and error.If I have a little time next week, I'll do it.

Hit me up on MSN, then maybe we can do it step by step, b/c once you do it once--it's downhill from there. Then you'll find yourself doing them in like 20 minutes. :wink: But yeah, I have no problem whatsoever helping out.

I've been preaching the PC Sports titles, b/c I love having myself in the game. Something you can't do on the console version. I started adding forum players to my NBA Live dynasty last year and now has since become the standard in starting a Live Dynasty. Check my sig out, that's my NBA Live Dynasty--but is halted for now b/c I'm moving and my fiance got me this damn MVP game! :lol: But I'm glad it caught on here, it really is a nice addition.

I see it like having a fantasy sports --but you actually control yourself--which I think and hope most of you guys think is cool. I like to spread my friends on other teams and see how they do. I'm a HUGE Geek like that. 8)

But anyhoo, thanks for the kind words fellas.It really helps me keep motivated.

Sergio and CB, be on the lookout tonight for your cyberface and portrait! :wink:

Yammer, I've had the red face problem once. I think it was because i tried using a half face fsh with orl and ord from a player with a full face fsh.
thats funny cuz those files work now. And then I used oedit on them and they wont work anymore.

CB-

man..I'm having a hard time with your cyberface. I thought if I used Damon's files that you would have the same hair? But ingame it's short. So I'm wondering if it's internal? Well, sorry bro--it's late and I got to be at work early.But I'll try it again tommorrow.

If there is any chance you can give me a better picture to work with, that'd be great! It's hard to make the color's match since that picture has a red tone on it.But-regardless, I'll try. :lol:

I loaded that fac0 though. I'll try it again later.

EDIT: I give up. I took the very same ord/orl files that coco sent me. They work fine. So I open then oedit and adjust the points. I make them into new ord/orl files and run them into the game. Go to look at my player and game crashes. I dont understand how the same files work one minute I change the damn ear size and yes even on the uv map editor and it still crashes.

Like I said earlier. I have not been able to successfully edit 2004 ord/orl's., any modification to these has resulted in a game crash. Editing 2005 format ord/orls works fine though.

If you like I could try and create you if you want to send me your pic. PM me if you are interested.

Smokin Joe

Here ya go, enjoy. :wink:

SmokinJoeMVP.jpg

BTW-Now that O look at it, I'm going to make a quick V2.I need to curl your goatee a little more. Look out for my second e-mail. :oops: Gimme 15 minutes.

Thanks Coco I cant get it too work and now I got MVPedit all screwed up.I'll have the unis done by tomorrow

What happened?

First did you

1.Throw everything in the cyberface zip in your MVP 2005 directory

2.Run the bat file, it should take like a minute to install

Then go to MVP edit

1.for portrait, click on the picture of your created player--then add the alpha and bmp that i added in the portrait zip

2.then go to the appearence tab

3.go to face and write "806"

4.make sure the 2004 box says "NO"

5.then you should see your face in the box

6.then extract it

I hope that helps? That's all I do. :wink:

E-mail me if your still having problems. Thanks for the doing the jerseys for me.I appreciate it.

EDIT

Version 2:

Smokin Joe:

SmokinJoeMVPV2.jpg

If you like this one better Smokin Joe, I can send it to you. Just let me know.Enjoy. :lol:

Smokin Joe

Here ya go, enjoy. :wink:

SmokinJoeMVP.jpg

BTW-Now that O look at it, I'm going to make a quick V2.I need to curl your goatee a little more. Look out for my second e-mail. :oops: Gimme 15 minutes.

Smokin Joe:

SmokinJoeMVPV2.jpg

If you like this one better Smokin Joe, I can send it to you. Just let me know.Enjoy. :lol:

That's looks great cocobee! :D I like the second one better, please do send it my way. Thanks alot man, i really appreciate it. :)

That's looks great cocobee! I like the second one better, please do send it my way. Thanks alot man, i really appreciate it.

Sent! :lol: No problem, glad you like it. Remember in MVP Edit, your face, make sure in the appearence tab--you have the 2004 box marked on "YES".

I got it too work thanks Coco it looks great.shweee thats some complicated stuff man.I got work tomorrow Coco so I'll have the unis done by tomorrow night man.Thanks again.

Glad to hear it, can't wait for those jerseys! Thanks.

Here's my Bo Jackson:

BoJacksonMVP.jpg

Here's my MJ:

MJMVP.jpg

MJ2MVP.jpg

If anyone wants these, just drop me your e-mail. I know there not MVP mod players but, I added them in my game. Just a lil sumthin sumthin. :wink:

Those look great cocobee. :) I'm having trouble finding myself in mvp edit. I'm not on the cubbies roster. :? Where can i find myself?

You have to put yourself on the Cubs. I put you on the Cubs in my game(for screenshot purposes) but you have to manually do it through MVP Edit in your game. I hope that made sense. But --tell me if you got it work.

Thanks for the compliment. 8)

Cocobee,

I would be very interested and appreciative of every face you build that is an addition to MVP2005 since I use closest to life-like faces for each and every player I build on the '60s & '70s Classic Roster Sets which are part of the Total Classics Project.

Would you be willing to package all of them together once you have a few and uploading them here at MVPMods so many others can use them as they wish to.

It would be a great addition in my opinion. I personally would probably use each and every one.

Also, I have 3 college sons that I spend a great deal of time with on this MVP game. I would love to surprise them with their faces in the game and would be very interested in working closely with you to produce their 3 faces for me. Please let me know if and when you would be interested in this. I would gladly support your efforts financially as that is about the only way I think I could help. There is no rush on this as they won't be home until May sometime. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Don

Cocobee,

I would be very interested and appreciative of every face you build that is an addition to MVP2005 since I use closest to life-like faces for each and every player I build on the '60s & '70s Classic Roster Sets which are part of the Total Classics Project.

Would you be willing to package all of them together once you have a few and uploading them here at MVPMods so many others can use them as they wish to.

It would be a great addition in my opinion. I personally would probably use each and every one.

Also, I have 3 college sons that I spend a great deal of time with on this MVP game. I would love to surprise them with their faces in the game and would be very interested in working closely with you to produce their 3 faces for me. Please let me know if and when you would be interested in this. I would gladly support your efforts financially as that is about the only way I think I could help. There is no rush on this as they won't be home until May sometime. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Don

Hello,

Are you talking about uploading the MVPmods forum players? If that's the case-I would'nt mind.But I hope they don't? As far as your sons, that sounds like a great idea and I know they'd be suprised. I wouldn't mind doing or helping out with that project. As far as paying me for this, that is not needed.I use modding these faces as a stress relief and I just wanted to be part of this community.

Please send me the pictures (good frontal pics) and I'll see what I can do. I'm finding making these faces a lot easier than the NBA Live cyberfaces I was use to making. I think that's why I'm knocking them out pretty fast. It'd be faster if I already knew a headshape before hand. So any headshape suggestions would cut my time in half. As I find myself searching for headshapes most of the time. :lol:

I'll be taking a break this weekend, as my fiance and I are going to the Delaware beaches to just relax. As usual, thanks for the kind words.

-Cocobee

You have to put yourself on the Cubs. I put you on the Cubs in my game(for screenshot purposes) but you have to manually do it through MVP Edit in your game. I hope that made sense. But --tell me if you got it work.

Thanks for the compliment. 8)

Well i finally figured it out. :D Turns out the picture needed to be 807. I loaded up EA graghics editor and found myself in the models.big. Looks pretty good in game although i wish i would've sent you a sharper pic.:p

Well i finally figured it out. Turns out the picture needed to be 807. I loaded up EA graghics editor and found myself in the models.big. Looks pretty good in game although i wish i would've sent you a sharper pic.

Yeah, I did the best with what I got.But honestly, I think it came out good.Glad to hear everything worked out. :thumbsup:

I have a question for ya, is there any way to get my face into the game without having to start a new dynasty?

Looks like you have to start a new one, until someone comes out with a tool to mess with sav files. :oops: That's why I haven't started mine becuase I know when you start, you can't do too much editing after that. So I want to make sure to get all my friends in there.

Archived