Installing Multiple Mods

Yankee4Life

This question has been asked many times, especially when someone wants to install one of the Total Conversion mods that we have here on the site.

I want to play the game with the current rosters but I also want to play other mods too. How do I install another copy of the game so I can play both mods?

First off, it is advisable to have each season mod installed in the same main directory, but in different sub-directories. (See the screenshot of my setup for example below.)

These steps are for someone who does not have MVP Baseball 2005 installed on their computer OR for someone that has one copy of the game already installed and wants another one.

1. Create a directory on your hard drive called C:MVP Baseball Season Mods. (If you don't want to call it that, it's ok. I am using my setup here as an example for this tutorial.)

2. Next, install a copy of MVP baseball 2005 in that directory.
C:MVP Baseball Season ModsMVP 05 Clean

The reason why I called this MVP 05 Clean is because this is the version of the game that comes directly off the EA Sports CD and it does NOT have one single mod installed on it. Therefore it is a fresh, or clean, copy of the game.

This directory here is probably the most important of the directories that you are going to make because you are about to find out that you will be using this one a lot.

***The only thing you can add to this fresh copy of Mvp 05 is to apply PATCH #2 that was provided by EA Sports. Patch #2 can be downloaded right here. I did not want to forget to add this part in because it was suggested to me by one of the modders here, Jim825. He's a guy who knows a thing or two about season mods, so I took him at his word for this. Remember, this is a patch that you are applying to this fresh copy of the game and not a mod.

3. Now that you have that installed, you can begin to install as many season mods as you wish. Let's say for example you now want to install the 1951 season mod. All you have to do is create a directory called 1951. Like this:
C:MVP Baseball Season Mods1951

4. Now, the easy part. Copy the entire contents of the MVP 05 CLEAN directory and put it in the 1951 directory. See what you just did? You now have two copies (temporarily) of an unmodded version of Mvp baseball on your computer.

5. Now, assuming you have already downloaded the 1951 season mod, just unpack the mod and tell the installer to install the mod into the C:MVP Baseball Season Mods1951 directory. That way, the installer is installing the mod into a clean copy of Mvp 05.

Ok, now you are done. Your directory should now look like this:
C:MVP Baseball Season Mods
Mvp 05 Clean

Now, if you want you can make another directory, copy the fresh (clean) copy of Mvp 05 into that directory and install another mod. This can be done as many times as you wish provided you have enough disk space of course. Each mod is just a little over 2 gig. It can be more depending on what is added into it.

6. Never delete your Mvp 05 Clean directory because as you can see you will always use that when you install a new season mod. Again, do not add any mods to this directory.

Ok, as I said at the beginning of this tutorial, I am going to show you my setup so you can see exactly what I am talking about.

Again, you don't have to name this directory the same as I have mine. I just like to have things organized on my system. As long as you now know how to install multiple mods on your system after reading this, the directory where you yourself decide to install the mods is up to you.

could've sworn there already was this thread...wasn't there? either way, this is very useful stuff.

Yes there was Homer. Trues got this from the tutorial section because mcoll needed it. He's going to be putting the tutorial section back up soon but he just grabbed this one right now to post for him to use.

• 10 months later...

This question has been asked many times, especially when someone wants to install one of the Total Conversion mods that we have here on the site.

I want to play the game with the current rosters but I also want to play other mods too. How do I install another copy of the game so I can play both mods?

First off, it is advisable to have each season mod installed in the same main directory, but in different sub-directories. (See the screenshot of my setup for example below.)

These steps are for someone who does not have MVP Baseball 2005 installed on their computer OR for someone that has one copy of the game already installed and wants another one.

1. Create a directory on your hard drive called C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods. (If you don't want to call it that, it's ok. I am using my setup here as an example for this tutorial.)

2. Next, install a copy of MVP baseball 2005 in that directory.

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\MVP 05 Clean

The reason why I called this MVP 05 Clean is because this is the version of the game that comes directly off the EA Sports CD and it does NOT have one single mod installed on it. Therefore it is a fresh, or clean, copy of the game.

This directory here is probably the most important of the directories that you are going to make because you are about to find out that you will be using this one a lot.

***The only thing you can add to this fresh copy of Mvp 05 is to apply PATCH #2 that was provided by EA Sports. Patch #2 can be downloaded right here. I did not want to forget to add this part in because it was suggested to me by one of the modders here, Jim825. He's a guy who knows a thing or two about season mods, so I took him at his word for this. Remember, this is a patch that you are applying to this fresh copy of the game and not a mod.

3. Now that you have that installed, you can begin to install as many season mods as you wish. Let's say for example you now want to install the 1951 season mod. All you have to do is create a directory called 1951. Like this:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\1951

4. Now, the easy part. Copy the entire contents of the \MVP 05 CLEAN directory and put it in the 1951 directory. See what you just did? You now have two copies (temporarily) of an unmodded version of Mvp baseball on your computer.

5. Now, assuming you have already downloaded the 1951 season mod, just unpack the mod and tell the installer to install the mod into the C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods\1951 directory. That way, the installer is installing the mod into a clean copy of Mvp 05.

Ok, now you are done. Your directory should now look like this:

C:\MVP Baseball Season Mods

\1951

\Mvp 05 Clean

Now, if you want you can make another directory, copy the fresh (clean) copy of Mvp 05 into that directory and install another mod. This can be done as many times as you wish provided you have enough disk space of course. Each mod is just a little over 2 gig. It can be more depending on what is added into it.

6. Never delete your \Mvp 05 Clean directory because as you can see you will always use that when you install a new season mod. Again, do not add any mods to this directory.

Ok, as I said at the beginning of this tutorial, I am going to show you my setup so you can see exactly what I am talking about.

mysetupk.png

Again, you don't have to name this directory the same as I have mine. I just like to have things organized on my system. As long as you now know how to install multiple mods on your system after reading this, the directory where you yourself decide to install the mods is up to you.

Good execution man, but my computer WILL NOT let me install more than one instance of MVP Baseball 05 as I already have an install WITH classic stadiums replacing the current ones. What's an alternative?

Good execution man, but my computer WILL NOT let me install more than one instance of MVP Baseball 05 as I already have an install WITH classic stadiums replacing the current ones. What's an alternative?

That's what Y4L's tutorial allows. You install MVP once, and make multiple copies of your MVP 05 Clean folder as the base for other total conversion mods.

• 4 months later...

Ok so Im extremely new at this modding stuff. Im trying to find a mod that has 1: new shoe styles, accessories (guards, etc.) 2: rosters

And I also saw in your directory that you had MVP 08 and 09? Is that the mod (stupid question) lol?

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

• 2 months later...

Thanks Yank4Life. this is helpful. Do you know where i can download 08 Total Coversion Mod and TIT? The Baseup Roster I downloaded crashes right when it is about to go into a game either dynasty or play now.

Thanks in advance

I can't wish the best for your Yankees, I'm sure you understand. But if the halos r out of the picture. i hope you guys cruch the bosox!

Thanks Yank4Life. this is helpful. Do you know where i can download 08 Total Coversion Mod and TIT? The Baseup Roster I downloaded crashes right when it is about to go into a game either dynasty or play now.

Thanks in advance

You can get both of those over at MLBMods.com. You have to register there in order to download mods.

• 3 months later...

Ok so Im extremely new at this modding stuff. Im trying to find a mod that has 1: new shoe styles, accessories (guards, etc.) 2: rosters

And I also saw in your directory that you had MVP 08 and 09? Is that the mod (stupid question) lol?

If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Where did you get that game?

Edited by Mr Notbugmethx

• 7 months later...

I tried this, but I ran into some difficulties. I made a new "MVP Mods" directory. When I went to install MVP 05, and I was prompted to select a location for the install, I selected the "MVP Mods" directory. After the install, I had a data and a support folder in the directory. What do I do with this, or what did I do wrong. Also, my MVP 05 is on an older PC with no internet. Can I download mods to a flash drive and put them into the directory, or will this fail miserably?

I tried this, but I ran into some difficulties. I made a new "MVP Mods" directory. When I went to install MVP 05, and I was prompted to select a location for the install, I selected the "MVP Mods" directory. After the install, I had a data and a support folder in the directory. What do I do with this, or what did I do wrong. Also, my MVP 05 is on an older PC with no internet. Can I download mods to a flash drive and put them into the directory, or will this fail miserably?

If you followed the directions step-by-step you should have been ok.

And the answer to your other question is yes, you can download mods to your flash drive and then you can transfer them over to the PC you have that has your game on it.

But when I installed MVP to the Mods directory,all that came up was the data and support folders? What do I have to do to make the "MVP Clean"?

You didn't read my instructions all the way. I can see this now.

Mvp Clean is just a term I used to refer to the Mvp Baseball 2005 installation that you get when you first install the game on your hard drive directly off the CD. What I mean by "Mvp Clean" is this installation has no mods installed with it, therefore a clean or "fresh install."

So what would it show up as in the directory, and what do I do with the data and support?

It sounds like you've never installed the game before.

It's very simple -- Just install the game from the disks and when the installation is done, you will have a clean (unmodded) installation.

So what would it show up as in the directory, and what do I do with the data and support?

I have to ask you to go back and read my original post in this thread. It does cover everything.

But let me give it to you in a nutshell. You install the game. The game you just installed is right off the CD with no mods installed in it.

Now, for example let's say you want to install the 1951 mod. This is what you do:

1. As I said in my original post, make a directory called 1951.

2. Copy the ENTIRE contents of Mvp baseball that you just installed off of the CD into the 1951 directory.

3. Download the 1951 mod on your flash drive, transfer it on your computer, extract it, and then tell the installer you want to install the mod to the 1951 directory. The mod will then install there and you now will have that mod on your system.

4. When you are done you will see that you now have two installs on your system. The original Mvp off of the CD and the 1951 mod.

5. Copy the contents of the original Mvp from the CD to another directory if you decide to install another season mod.

Finally, since you were not here when Mvp 08 came out, you CAN NOT do these steps to install Mvp 08. You need the TiT program and your original discs to install that mod.

OK, I think I get it. The MVP Clean is just a copy-paste version, and there is one in each year. What do you mean when you say extract the mod, just take it from the flash drive to the PC

Yes, extract it and then follow the prompts.

You are going to save the mod you want and put it on a flash drive and then transfer it on the computer that has your game. Extract the season mod on your computer and follow the directions.

I have MVP installed & copied, and I have a 1978 file, but when do these prompts appear?

You are doing good so far.

Now if I understand you right, you've downloaded the 1978 mod.

Put it on your flash drive and transfer it to your computer.

Make sure you have done everything that the instructions say on how to install the multiple mods.

Place the 1978 mod on your desktop. Extract the file to its own folder. Then you follow the directions provided.

The mod is on my desktop, and I have a 1978 file with my copied MVP in it. But when I click the mod on the desktop, I get a message that says it's a .rar file and Windows doesn't know what to do with it. What do I do?

The file is a .RAR archive file. Go to the Internet and Google for an application called WinRAR. It is a tool that allows you to open .RAR files.

Install WinRAR on your computer, open the 1978 .RAR file, extract the Installation instructions and read them. When I wrote the instructions, I made sure to add plenty of details (and pictures!) so that it would be clear how to install the 1978 mod. Follow the instructions and you should be able to install the mod with no problems.