List Of Bugs

LoGatto

Posted on 2ksports site:

Here was the final list;

(In no particular order)

1-Player Arm Strength's are too over-powering, they should be toned down, everyone has a cannon arm.

2-There no ejections for beaming batters. You can still intentionally hit batter after batter and not get warned/ejected.

3-Player of the Game seems to be very hit & miss. Player are being awarded that had no bearing on the outcome of the game

4-Stealing is better this year, but STILL seems difficult for the casual gamer. You have to run on breaking balls only and take a 3 step lead in order to steal successfully. While stealing generally works fine and I have gotten used to it, lots of gamers are reporting its still too hard. (Also the CPU does not need 3 step leads, yet steals with ease.)

5-When playing online, can we remove the max pitch sound effect so that the opponent batting can't hear every time you do a max pitch. Heck, remove the sound all together, it's not really needed.

6-There is sometimes an online issue when starting ranked matches where a user cannot start the game. This problem is in NBA2K10 as well.

7-We have no way of viewing a players potential when trading or during the draft for franchise mode. We absolutely need this if you plan on building up a small market club. Really; you should be able to see players potential in most menu's.

8-Players still run through each other on the way to and inside the dugout at times. Also sometimes two players limbs will go through each other on the base path and at home plate.

9-Still to easy to pick someone off at 2nd. (or be picked off) Pick offs should be much more difficult for both the user and CPU.

10-The "walk rating" for most everyone is still "D-" in inside edge. I know this is cosmetic, but should be fixed none the less.

11-You cannot negotiate contract extension in franchise mode. When someone has 1 year left on a contract you should be able to talk extensions with them.

12-Signature styles get cut off. Signature style batter movement after a swing or a ball are cut short short by a flash across the screen.

13-When you hit a sac fly with a player the RBI is given to the next batter in the lineup, and not to the player who hit the sac fly.

14-Players are still reverting to a generic bald appearance during game on the field sometimes. For example in edit mode Boof Bonser of the Red Sox has a goatee and tan skin to match his real life picture. But on the field he is pale white bald with no goatee. It seems to occur when someone is promoted to MLB from AAA etc etc.

15-AI logic during spring training games is flawed. The AI uses too many MLB starters way too far into the game. And goes on to use MLB closers and relief pitchers. It should be using mostly A AA and AAA guys...

16-The check swing patch either was not put in yet, or check swinging is still too difficult to pull off. Also; the CPU batters NEVER check their swing.

17-On the PC version, the swing analysis window that pops up shows nothing but a background. It's like the camera was off-center or something.

18-During Spring Training games in Franchise mode, its way to cold! The commentators say stuff like "Man, its cold. They are warming up slow" during spring training. It should not be 35 degrees during spring training games.

19-Errors never happen. Errors just seem like they scarcely happen, for either the User or CPU team. Not even so much as a bobbled ball.... And there is no slider to adjust it this year.

20-In "My Player Mode" sometimes your bat disappears. It happens after hitting a foul ball or some sort of contact. When you step back in the batters box you have an "invisible bat."

21-The AI outfielders don't try to throw out base runners tagging from third on SAC flies.

22-At the end of every franchise season, big name free agents always take significant pay cuts. (For example; Josh Beckett $9.6mil signed for $7mil; Derek Jeter $16.9mil signed for $12.8mil; Javier Vasquez $9.2mil signed for $3.3mil) This creates a FA pool that hardly has any talent, since FA's sign always for less it seems.

23-In "play ball" mode teams have the wrong emblem sometimes. The wrong emblem appears on the starting pitcher, the pause menu, the batting lineup, etc etc. (The Twins have the Tiger emblem and the Royals have the Rockies emblem for example.)

24-When in the middle of a game if you save and exit the game the pitcher you have on the mound recovers all his fatigue upon re-loading the game. So if his 'energy' was down to 75% when you saved; when you re-load your save it will jump back up to 99%.

25-Pitchers will recover fatigue during the game for no reason in all modes. As a CPU pitchers slowley get fatigued during a game (the second bar) I thought the AI would replace him soon. Next inning I look at his status with the d-pad again and he still shows 80-90 pitches but he is no longer fatigued, and the bar is back up to full now and says "normal." (Pitchers randomly regaining lost fatigue when they shouldnt likely is what leads CPU pitch counts of 140 in a game.)

26-When looking at your bull-pen in the middle of a game, there is no way to see what the fatigue is of the pitchers in the pen. You can only see the 'energy' of the guy on the mound. So in franchise mode there is no way to tell who has played recently, and who has a full 99% energy and could be sent in to play.

27-When you pinch hit for a pitcher in NL games, the NEXT batter ALSO changes to a pitcher in your batting order automatically! This is bad and ruins strategy in NL games.... (EX. As the Phillies.... I pinch hit for my pitcher Roy Halladay. Struck out with the pinch hitter. The next batter was SUPPOSED to be Jimmy Rollins... instead Danys Baez came up!(a pitcher!) This one NEEDS to be fixed.

28-When creating a pitcher you can't edit "Abilities - Pitching" against "Left/Right handed power"... so it automatically goes to 75. Not sure if it happens with "My Player" but I know it happens when you create players... which throws a wrench in creating prospects.

29-During "Super Sim" a pitchers fatigue does not go down.

30-The community wishes there was no cap on the number of players that can be edited. (Not really a bug/design issue.)

31-Pitchers ERA's are too inflated when simming games. After one full franchise season many great pithcers seem to all have 4 and 5 ERA's

32-In MyPlayer, the CPU never seems to pinch hit for my relief pitchers when they come to bat. I play RF and bat 6th in the lineup. But when the pitchers spot comes up the CPU manager always lets the ptcher bat.

33-I had a guy hit into a 6-4-3 Double Play and a run scored. The batter was given an RBI for this. NO RBI should be given when you hit into a routine DP.

34-Earned runs are not being tracked to pitcher properyl. EXAMPLE; Tommy Hanson loads the bases up and a pitching change is made. Pete Moylan comes in and gives up a bases-clearing double. Those 3 earned runs should be charged to Hanson, however in the game they were charged to Moylan.

35-Player progression/regression is great for A, AA, and AAA. However players in the MLB level regress TERIBBLY for no reason it seems... even after having a good seaon sometimes...

36-In my franchise mode, while making a pitching sub in game, the stamina percentages are stuck on the same percent from game 2 (I'm on game 8 now) During the pregame lineup changes, the percents are correct however. So if a guy went down to 75% fatigue while pitching in game 2, even if he is fully rested it says his fatigue is 75% when you bring him into any subsequent games. (un-comfirmed)

Lets hope its a good patch!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted on 2ksports site:

1-Player Arm Strength's are too over-powering, they should be toned down, everyone has a cannon arm.

2-There no ejections for beaming batters. You can still intentionally hit batter after batter and not get warned/ejected.

4-Stealing is better this year, but STILL seems difficult for the casual gamer. You have to run on breaking balls only and take a 3 step lead in order to steal successfully. While stealing generally works fine and I have gotten used to it, lots of gamers are reporting its still too hard. (Also the CPU does not need 3 step leads, yet steals with ease.)

9-Still to easy to pick someone off at 2nd. (or be picked off) Pick offs should be much more difficult for both the user and CPU.

13-When you hit a sac fly with a player the RBI is given to the next batter in the lineup, and not to the player who hit the sac fly.

16-The check swing patch either was not put in yet, or check swinging is still too difficult to pull off. Also; the CPU batters NEVER check their swing.

17-On the PC version, the swing analysis window that pops up shows nothing but a background. It's like the camera was off-center or something.

19-Errors never happen. Errors just seem like they scarcely happen, for either the User or CPU team. Not even so much as a bobbled ball.... And there is no slider to adjust it this year.

21-The AI outfielders don't try to throw out base runners tagging from third on SAC flies.

24-When in the middle of a game if you save and exit the game the pitcher you have on the mound recovers all his fatigue upon re-loading the game. So if his 'energy' was down to 75% when you saved; when you re-load your save it will jump back up to 99%.

25-Pitchers will recover fatigue during the game for no reason in all modes. As a CPU pitchers slowley get fatigued during a game (the second bar) I thought the AI would replace him soon. Next inning I look at his status with the d-pad again and he still shows 80-90 pitches but he is no longer fatigued, and the bar is back up to full now and says "normal." (Pitchers randomly regaining lost fatigue when they shouldnt likely is what leads CPU pitch counts of 140 in a game.)

26-When looking at your bull-pen in the middle of a game, there is no way to see what the fatigue is of the pitchers in the pen. You can only see the 'energy' of the guy on the mound. So in franchise mode there is no way to tell who has played recently, and who has a full 99% energy and could be sent in to play.

27-When you pinch hit for a pitcher in NL games, the NEXT batter ALSO changes to a pitcher in your batting order automatically! This is bad and ruins strategy in NL games.... (EX. As the Phillies.... I pinch hit for my pitcher Roy Halladay. Struck out with the pinch hitter. The next batter was SUPPOSED to be Jimmy Rollins... instead Danys Baez came up!(a pitcher!) This one NEEDS to be fixed.

33-I had a guy hit into a 6-4-3 Double Play and a run scored. The batter was given an RBI for this. NO RBI should be given when you hit into a routine DP.

34-Earned runs are not being tracked to pitcher properyl. EXAMPLE; Tommy Hanson loads the bases up and a pitching change is made. Pete Moylan comes in and gives up a bases-clearing double. Those 3 earned runs should be charged to Hanson, however in the game they were charged to Moylan.

36-In my franchise mode, while making a pitching sub in game, the stamina percentages are stuck on the same percent from game 2 (I'm on game 8 now) During the pregame lineup changes, the percents are correct however. So if a guy went down to 75% fatigue while pitching in game 2, even if he is fully rested it says his fatigue is 75% when you bring him into any subsequent games. (un-comfirmed)

I weeded out the ones that I personally don't care about.  Wow, still quite a list with some pretty legitimate bugs are far as keeping accurate stats during a single season.

Wow...They need to clean those up or this game will be another fail...I don't recall this many gameplay bugs with MVP Baseball 2005...and I played it a LOT before ever getting a Mod for it...so these need to be cleaned up. I haven't experienced many of these yet, but I haven't play enough yet, or done too much where stats get allotted. I will say that for one I am very disappointed in the slider situation. It seems that the AI never takes pitches. I could pitch a game in PRO mode in MY PLAYER mode and pitch a complete game with ease, only 50 pitches or so because the computer never takes pitches, always swings at the first pitch.

That is because that member used his telekinesis powers to force the ball out of the park...na just kidding but that is a huge bug...argh 2K! You're better than this!

I'm glad I waited it out and was able to cancel my order with Gamestop.  These guys have way more problems than basic game play patch issues.  Hopefully those who bought it will at least get their money's worth when/if they do release a patch.

How can someone make a game with such potential but leave in so many shoddy bugs? I would be so embarrassed to put out a game with these basic bugs. The sad thing is these guys aren't big enough baseball fans to really care probably.

Wow, two videos I saw from link above are great examples of those frustrating bugs they supposedly got rid of. How is the guy safe after plowing over the catcher when the catcher hung onto the ball! Great animation, BAD CALL!!!

This is why I'm gonna wait til after the patch to determine if I buy this game...JR you made a great quote a while back that I'm sticking with.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Especially how the 2K9 patch didn't do much, and NBA 2K10 still doesn't have a patch. I think I'm gonna make a clean install of MVP and play!

:clapping: MVP! MVP! Lol

This is why I'm gonna wait til after the patch to determine if I buy this game...JR you made a great quote a while back that I'm sticking with.

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Especially how the 2K9 patch didn't do much, and NBA 2K10 still doesn't have a patch. I think I'm gonna make a clean install of MVP and play!

:clapping: MVP! MVP! Lol

I honestly thought it would take more than 2 days after release to start seeing some of these really ridiculous programming issues. I believe their intentions are in the right places, they just don't have the programming talent. It's year 2 with this PC title, and they're out of excuses.

Again, hopefully they release a miracle patch (I'd still buy the game), but I think we've seen the extent of what they can do.

And BTW, I learned my lesson a few years back to never have MVP uninstalled. :clapping:

I honestly thought it would take more than 2 days after release to start seeing some of these really ridiculous programming issues.  I believe their intentions are in the right places, they just don't have the programming talent.  It's year 2 with this PC title, and they're out of excuses.

Again, hopefully they release a miracle patch (I'd still buy the game), but I think we've seen the extent of what they can do.

And BTW, I learned my lesson a few years back to never have MVP uninstalled.    :clapping:

Yea of course if the patch is good, I'm buying.

I will never uninstall MVP lol...just wanna play a barely updated version.

Ugh, this is ridiculous! So I pumped up the speed in which pitchers fatigue, just to simulate high pitch counts that I don't get in games often because I am impatient at the plate...and the computer makes contact within the first two pitches, Both the starters were down to 30% energy or whatever by the end of the fifth...pretty realistic ESPECIALLY for spring training...then the sixth rolls around and they are both at 99 again! Way to ruin the game! No need for relief pitchers...unless of course you just unload on the pitcher and score a ton of runs. These guys at 2kSports really don't play the game at all before it goes out or they would notice these awful bugs.

Also, can anyone actually steal...I hold down the button to steal and everytime the pitcher steps off and gets my guy in a run down...but if I wait until he has committed to the plate my guy won't go...AWFUL...

Does The Show have all these fundamental flaws?

was willing to give 2k a chance ,and again the game shows potential and if they work out everything in the patch they will be ok.If not they may as well figure there may not be a next year for them.Im loving the controls for pitching but my hitting is less desired.Last night i finally hit my first home run.My biggest question is ,dont they have testers for thier games??If so they need to fire them to let so many bugs get thru,im sure they had to see them as well as us

i canceled my order because of that list, im like u guys, just gone wait for kg's rosters.

I've kept mine updated (daily) since November.  Like I said, I learned my lesson a couple of years ago.  Uninstalling MVP is usually a mistake.

I am experiencing a possible bug in which my gamepad fails to work once I get into a game. It works perfectly in the menus, and I went into the options and mapped all the buttons properly, but when I get into a game and try to pitch or hit, the only button that works is the one mapped to start/pause, everything else defaults back to the keyboard.

The gamepad is a saitek p990, anyone else here used one of these successfully with the new game? I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious here since the game's a bit of a disaster without an analog gamepad, and the gamepad itself obviously works because I can still pause the game with it and use it in the menus.

Does The Show have all these fundamental flaws?

Not at all. Not in my limited experience with it this year (2 games is all I have played since I got it yesterday), or from anything I have read since it's release.

The only real complaints I have heard this year (as JR says)is/are nitpicking.

Thank God I didn't get my PSU when I first tried to order it, and install my graphics card already, or I woulda probably pre ordered this, and had it by now.

Now I can upgrade, and wait to see if there is a decent patch. Not gonna hold my breath.

2k needs to give up. Let EA back in the game, or give Sony a shot.

Archived