What's the meaning behind your screenname?

Yankee4Life

Now that the left field area is open again for everyone's use, I thought I would bring this topic up. This is not an original idea of mine, in fact I saw this over on the old High Heat board and it got a lot of responses and people there had fun with it. Maybe some of the old High Heaters like MarkB, Tribetime and Trues (among many others) will remember this.

So, what's the story behind your screen name and what made you pick it?

I'll start it off with my screen name. When I was a kid just getting into baseball and learning it, I didn't know a Yankee from a Dodger. I just watched the games. My father was and still is a big Yankee fan and he taught me about the Yankees. So I heard about Dimaggio and Mantle and Berra and all the greats and then I started reading about them. Never mind that the current Yankees I was watching as a kid were nowhere near as good as the Yankees I read about, before long I became a Yankee fan. And I watched and listened to as many games as I could. So, I've been a Yankee fan all my life and it will continue to be that way, no matter how many times we trade young talent for a bad back 42 year old pitcher. That's why I am Yankee4Life.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kkkerry= Kerry Wood has been my favorite pro baseball player since that May 6th game against the Astros 7 years ago where he pitched a 1-hitter and struck out 20 batters in the process. As this is a forum that revolves around baseball, it was only appropriate to create a screenname containing his name. He is largely known to be a strikeout pitcher, so adding a couple K's in front of "Kerry" also seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately, some have confused this with another thing...and I had requested for a couple more K's to be added to erase this misconception, but this never actually happened...so there ya go

TribeTime, go Tribe man! Tribe Time is actually the name if the Indians pre game show on FSN, at the time I signed up I was stumped for name ideas so I took that and ran with it, at least it caught on. The number doesn't really have any meaning, in fact, if it is possible, I would drop the number is there was a way to go back on all my mods and take off the # so the search still works

Well, I was at a high school basketball game a couple of years ago and my friend looked at me and said, "You know what, you look like a Spivey." And it just stuck, so that's the meaning behind Spivey. 11 has been my baseball number for quite some time - so there's the complete meaning behind Spivey11

I'm ComeBackKid because well, I'm the master at coming back and picking up a win. It actually started back in little league about 8 years ago. No matter what happened, if we were losing and the home team, and I batted in the last half, I was always the one that either started the comeback, or was the one finishing off the comeback. Then, I started realizing it playing Madden and a certain MVP Dynasty I had been updating for awhile on here (Astros). I always found a way on Madden to just rally or hit that towering longball with someone on the Astros.

Or I could just say that it's one of my favorite bands, Comeback Kid...So it's actually two meanings in one, but hey, I like it! :hic:

Mine is a tribute to my main man, Johan Santana. He led my fantasy team last year, so I quickly became a big fan of his. The name is a tribute to his filthy stuff and his #, 57. That's where Filthy57 came from.

And Spivey11, I always thought that had something to do with Junior Spivey, too. :shrug:

69 = I have no idea, I had to add it becuase when I created a account (somewhere) they wouldn't let me use Emil25.

I think I know where it came from. Got something on your mind, Emil? :lol:

Sorry, but I just couldn't let that one go without a comment.

Where to begin ...

curseofthebambino: Self explanatory.

Mooseknuckle: Mike Mussina and his knuckle curve. :lol:

The Moose: Mike Mussina will be the only Moose.

Brooklyn: Kicking it back to my roots.

Took some time and really thought of a name that developed my whole meaning.

system: I was having a bad night and my friend asked me what was up. I was reluctant to tell him but when I finally opened up, he said I thought like a system. I asked him to explain and he said the way he see's a system, it is something that it continually generating and recognizing things which is like me. I generate comments based on thoughts and I'm analyzing and recognizing what's going on around me. It basically resembles that fact that I overthink and am always thinking about something, from life, stupid things, real things, problems and so on. So that's basically what the whole meaning is. I was going to make my name "complex" but that just didn't sound right. System has a better ring and meaning to it.

I'm actually quite the swimmer and am on the school swim team. Last season during drylands(sit-ups, lunges, etc.) we were doing push ups and I was slacking just lying on the ground. Since I'm pretty tall/long and skinny, the coach yelled "Get up Chris! You look like a pile of sticks!". Now everyone on the team calls me that and the name has stuck pretty good. I don't know why I spell it "s-t-i-x" though. Just a little creative I guess.

Lol I always thought it had something to do with Junior Spivey

And Spivey11, I always thought that had something to do with Junior Spivey, too. :shrug:

I've actually never really been a fan of Junior - I did think that it was cool that a major leaguer's last name was the same as my nickname. Actually, I was given my nickname before Junior was in the majors.

Mine is pretty straight forward. I'm from Olympia and I'm a runner.

Currently I train with a big dog that likes to go a little faster than I do.

I should probably change it to oly-draggedbydog-er.

:lmao: Beleive it or not, that made me chuckle. Than laugh. Than shoot coffee out of my nose ... well you get the picture.

BaseballHeadDan - I wanted an e-mail address a few years ago when I found out about e-mail, so my parents gave my a screenname and e-mail on AOL for my 9th birthday. sometimes I have to use different variations, such as on easports.com it's "bsbllhddn" because "baseballheaddan" was taken and "bsbllhddn" was suggested. But if I can get baseballheaddan, I'll take it. Oh yeah, and my name's dan. :lol:

Archived