What's the meaning behind your screenname?

Yankee4Life

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever George Costanza is confronted and needs to use a fake name, Art Vandelay is his first choice. George's alter-ego possesses the success as an architect that Costanza can only fantasize about. Vandelay's counterparts stem from his real-life friends, Jerry- Cal Varnsen and Kramer- A.G. Pennypacker, a wealthy industrialist. Giddy up.

For some reason everyone hated me in high school, my friend's uncle was in a hair metal band called Arch Rival. I had to think of a name for an email address and I was done using my real name. The name worked and 10 years later I still use it. Although now I think I'm a little more mature, it doesn't really fit me anymore. I keep it for old times.

My inspiration:

archrivalband2.jpg

Whenever George Costanza is confronted and needs to use a fake name, Art Vandelay is his first choice. George's alter-ego possesses the success as an architect that Costanza can only fantasize about. Vandelay's counterparts stem from his real-life friends, Jerry- Cal Varnsen and Kramer- A.G. Pennypacker, a wealthy industrialist. Giddy up.

Dr. Van Nostren is also a great guy.

A while ago during my first years using the web, the skateboarding craze had just begun, and I was caught up in it. Around the time I first got on the internet, I used various videogame references, and the first one I came up with was solidsnakemgs, which had referred to the protagonist Snake in Metal Gear Solid, a videogame on the Playstation...

That never got off the ground so I figured heh, why not combine a skater's initials with the skate company that makes his boards. My favorite skater was a skater by the name of Kareem Campbell. The company that made his boards were named City Stars...

..get where i'm going with this?...

Kccitystar = Kareem Campbell + City Stars (drop the s)....

After a while, I realized that a daily newspaper out in kansas city is titled the kansas city star. I freaked out, so I changed my name to Alchemist for a while, but people recognize me more as kccitystar, so i'd leave it at that.

Well, that explains the enigma behind my name and clears up the misconceptions.

-KC

Hmm, when I was a sophmore in High School, my Biology teacher starting calling me Goose because of my last name(Gossler).I thought it was kinda stupid so I called him Nodick because of his last name(Nidick).But after a while it kinda grew on me, and people have been calling me that ever since. Sometimes I barely remember what my first name even is anymore. lol

ok pretty boring but yankees cause its been my favorite team since i was a little kid and 1979 cause thats the year i was born.

what about everyones avatars. some of you guys have some interesting ones. do they mean anything? mines just where i work. i couldnt think of anything good and the logo was easy to get.

ok pretty boring but yankees cause its been my favorite team since i was a little kid and 1979 cause thats the year i was born.

what about everyones avatars. some of you guys have some interesting ones. do they mean anything? mines just where i work. i couldnt think of anything good and the logo was easy to get.

my avatar means: if u play me in direct ip and lose, u gotta wear the pig.

Avatar: Joboo from the movie Major League. He is that doll that Cerrano worshiped in his locker before every game lol

HAHAHA,i literally rolled on the floor laughing when i watched the show.

ya catch major league 2?

THE 'MARMLES' (marbles) part was hilarious

this should be interesting...

in 1984 I went to a commune in Oregon with my father to study meditation and the search for enlightenment with an enlightened master from India. While I was there, I became a disciple of this teacher and he gave me the name Bodhi (actually Swami Bodhi Pramata) which I used ever since.

Obviously, for a white kid growing up in suburban RI, this was an interesting name to have!

add on the "ball" to honor the greatest game in the world, and you got bodhiball.

top that! ;)

Archived